Any Twin Moms want to post their Success Story?

Options
miamomma1
miamomma1 Posts: 4 Member
I would love to see some twin mom success stories! If there is already a topic on this I apologize.

My twins were babies number 4&5 and with each pregnancy I held onto 10 lbs. With the twins I was on bedrest for 3 months and told to "eat as many calories as possible" to get their weight up since we knew they were going to be born before 34 weeks. Needless to say that weight gain and bedrest took its toll on my body. At my heaviest I was in the 220's and now one year after the girls were born I'm down to 172. My biggest problem is my stomach. After 4 pregnancies - the last being my twins and a c-section - I have a huge bulge that won't seem to shrink.

I would love any advice! I'm doing 30DS and looking to buy an elliptical. My daily calorie intake has been 1200 for about 3 weeks now. Before that it was well into the 2-3,000 range so I know I've made an improvement there.

Thanks so much for your inspiration!

Replies

• Ssweets18
    Ssweets18 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Bump....
    My success is in the making but hoping we get some inspiration ;)
  • muddyventures
    muddyventures Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Bump....
    My success is in the making but hoping we get some inspiration ;)

Bump and I will post later. Still working on it... Mine were 3 and 4
  • coffeemom3boys
    coffeemom3boys Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I am a mom of 17 month twin boys (#2 and #3) and 2 weeks here on MFP. I need to take before photos and I hope later I would be brave enough to post them. I'm hoping I get rid of, as my friend with twins says, "twin skin". I went full term with an 8.5 lb and 7 lb baby and my body has not been the same. After swelling had gone down after coming home from the hospital I was only 10 lbs away from pre-baby weight, but the late nights, no sleep, eating to stay awake for feedings took it's toll. I am super inspired to lose the weight everyday just being on MFP.

Hope I can post some before and afters soon....with out my twin belly! haha
  • Ssweets18
    Ssweets18 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I am a mom of 17 month twin boys (#2 and #3) and 2 weeks here on MFP. I need to take before photos and I hope later I would be brave enough to post them. I'm hoping I get rid of, as my friend with twins says, "twin skin". I went full term with an 8.5 lb and 7 lb baby and my body has not been the same. After swelling had gone down after coming home from the hospital I was only 10 lbs away from pre-baby weight, but the late nights, no sleep, eating to stay awake for feedings took it's toll. I am super inspired to lose the weight everyday just being on MFP.

Looking forward to seeing all of our before and after, together we will get there, right? right! by the way "twin skin" is nicer than what I call it: frontal *kitten* lol
  • foreverxena
    foreverxena Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    My beachbody coach is a mother of twins and another boy. She looks like she never had kids. She's not on here but she has her own website. Her name is Monica Parodi. You can find her on facebook as well.
  • feydruss
    feydruss Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    My twin boys are 19 months (17 adjusted) and I managed to get back to ppw last fall with the help of MFP. Then I tore the cartilage in my knee, and totally derailed, regaining almost all of the weight! I'm back on track now, bit sometimes it feels like I'll never get to my goal.

And despite getting stronger and losing weight, that belly flap over the c-section scar (my twin skin) isn't getting much smaller!

Feel free to friend me, anyone! MoMs are special!
  • AmberCHM
    AmberCHM Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I have 16 month old b/g twins. I'm not quite a success yet since I still have about 30 lbs to go, but I'll post a couple of pictures of my progress so far. I've been on MFP since June 1st of last year. Best decision I ever made. Now I can be healthy for my babies!

HW (sadly before babies) of 286 on left. CW of about 175 on right.
    23da1d3f.jpg

MFP SW of 257 (about 4 months after babies) on left. CW of about 175 on right.
    ab8cf601.jpg
  • lashwish
    lashwish Posts: 93
    Options
    I'm still working but Ive modified my goal.
    My boys are 11m today.
    I was 205+- my last weigh in before giving birth. I was 145 before I got pregnant. I gained almost as much weight with my daughter.
    I have lost 34lbs since beg of Oct.
    I started with exercise only & only started MFP a few months ago. I was way overeating & that alone has helped me lose tons.
    I am now 138lbs & in the best shape Ive been in in 15+ yrs.

My problem area is def my stomach & Id like to think it will go back, but not sure. Its def. improved but I still look preggo.

I do various wos as I get bored easily. I also completed c25k & try & run at least once/wk.
    I do find lots of benefit form bodyrock or tabata.
    I just got hip hop abs.
    I was going to do Tracey Mallet lose your belly flab for 2 wks & see what happens but I was hurting after day 1, but I will try.
    I try & do some exercise 6/wk, eve if that is just outside yard work or short workouts

9/29/11 - 172lbs
    9_29_11_front_crop.jpg

6/10/12 - 138lbs
    6_10_front_crop.jpg
  • Sonyakrueger8
    Options
    I have twin girls who are 41/2 and I have gained and lost more than 50 lbs since the pregnancy and birth! I am have recently lost about 27 lbs and have a few more to go! Although the "twin skin" as I loving call it depresses me as it isnt going away!

Friend me!

Sonya
  • scs143
    scs143 Posts: 2,190 Member
    Options
    Hoping to be a twin mom success! Mine are #'s 2&3 and they are 2 years old. You would think having two 2 year old boys and a seven year old boy- I would just be thin from all the running around. But I am working on it! 59lbs down and about 40 more to go!
  • twinmom01
    twinmom01 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I have 16 month old b/g twins. I'm not quite a success yet since I still have about 30 lbs to go, but I'll post a couple of pictures of my progress so far. I've been on MFP since June 1st of last year. Best decision I ever made. Now I can be healthy for my babies!

HW (sadly before babies) of 286 on left. CW of about 175 on right.
    23da1d3f.jpg

MFP SW of 257 (about 4 months after babies) on left. CW of about 175 on right.
    ab8cf601.jpg

Fantastic!!!!!!!
  • hooperkay
    hooperkay Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    My twins are 17 years old. Kinda dont have excuse now huh? I did have two more single births after them, my youngest is 12. Think I'm kinda out of range. Boys were 5lb and 6lb. I gained 75lbs and kept like 40. Had girls and added 20 with each. Boys just graduated and I needed to think of my health, I started feeling old.
  • zorylopez
    zorylopez Posts: 23
    Options
    My twins are 10 years old. I did have two more single births before them, my oldest is17. My twin girls were 4.6lb and 4.9lb. I gained 40lbs and lost everything back when i had them. 4 month later i got my tubes tied and thats when i gained like 40lbs again.
    i been trying to lose weigh with everything you now above the counter. So i decided that i will now lose weight the right way. Having a healthy eating habit and working out. So far lost 16lbs out of the 40. I will get there some day.
  • Merithyn
    Merithyn Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    My twins are 17 years old. Kinda dont have excuse now huh? I did have two more single births after them, my youngest is 12. Think I'm kinda out of range. Boys were 5lb and 6lb. I gained 75lbs and kept like 40. Had girls and added 20 with each. Boys just graduated and I needed to think of my health, I started feeling old.

I feel you. My twin boys are 18 now. I had another son 19 months after the twins, another son (who, sadly, didn't make it) 20 months after him, and then my daughter 18 months later. All but the child I lost were C-sections.

I was back into size 8 jeans two weeks after the twins were born, and then ballooned up to a 12 by the time they were six months. Stayed that size (give or take a size now and then) for most of the last 18 years.

At one point I did get back to a size 8, but yeah, the "overlap" didn't go anywhere. I've decided it's just part of my charm now. :laugh:

Oh yeah. The boys were 5lbs and 5lbs 12 oz at 36 weeks after two weeks of serious steroids. My next son was 9 lbs 4 oz. :noway: The next was very premature and only weighed 6.5oz. My daughter was 7lbs 4 oz after three months of bedrest. I was very lucky not to have gained much weight with any of the pregnancies (Twins: 25 pounds, single sons: 18 & 19 pounds respectively; daughter: 30 pounds) It isn't, as you can see, the reason for my weight. :cry:
  • juliekbwell
    juliekbwell Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I'm a twin mom! :) I'm not done yet, but I just posted my success story thus far.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/630636-halfway-to-100
  • coffeemom3boys
    Options
    Love, love reading everyone's stories. The photos are such a good motivation for me! This made my day!
  • coffeemom3boys
    Options
  • coffeemom3boys
    Options

Looking forward to seeing all of our before and after, together we will get there, right? right! by the way "twin skin" is nicer than what I call it: frontal *kitten* lol

LOL, RIGHT We WILL do it! I'm going to take pictures this weekend for comparison when I'm skinny even with my "twin skin" and battle scars!
  • juliekbwell
    juliekbwell Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Forgot to mention, my twins are b/g three year olds! :)
  • cherrypie556
    cherrypie556 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies. I have B/G twins who were 11 months yesterday (I alreay have 4 others) I lost 14lbs whilst pregnant as I just couldn't eat and then an additional 7lbs once they were born. Then I got bored with dieting and managed to gain 8lb back so iam now (162lb) want to lose roughly 28-35lb but im not to bothered about the scales just more interested in my clothes size. (Want to be a perfect UK 10, currently a 12-14) Only been back on the diet wagon 3 days and doing the 30DS so hopefully I will be able to post some pics soon!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!