Any Twin Moms want to post their Success Story?

Options

Replies

• muddyventures
    muddyventures Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I have g/g frat twins, and they are 3 and 4 in our home. I carried them for the full 40 weeks , standing with my heels at the hinge side of the door my belly more than covered the doorknob on a three foot door.. I was huge. They weighed 8 pounds each and I was sure my belly would never, ever make it back. I am only half way to my goal.. and my belly has seen the largest reduction out of all my body... I am confident now that it will be flat again without extra skin baggage. All I've been doing is running and watching my calories. I'm set at 1500 and with exercise I'm usually under with no exercise I tend to be over so I run...

mine are 7
  • pixelberry
    pixelberry Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I have fraternal boys that will be 5-years-old soon. Almost at my goal weight, then I go to see a plastic surgeon about taking care of the "twin skin" problem they caused to my stomach.
  • NavyWifeTwinMom
    NavyWifeTwinMom Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Twin boys who turn 7 this Saturday! I was on hospital bed rest for two months, carried them to 36weeks 1 day and measured 60" around the day before my c-section. They were each 22" long and weighed 5lbs 12 oz/ 6 lbs 3 oz. I gained only 27 lbs., but had some extra weight going into the pregnancy from fertility drugs/food choices. I didn't start working out until they turned three, and the first two years pretty much did only cardio. Then 2 years ago I picked up weights and cleaned up my diet and have been doing it that way ever since!

Plenty of pics in my profile. It's true we may not be able to be what we were before pregnancy...but then again, we just might surprise ourselves and be better than ever!

Cheers fellow twin mommas!
  • Jewel1201
    Jewel1201 Posts: 68
    Options
    I have a set of 8 yr old twin boys. Plus one more. I have lost over 35 lbs so far. I have about 60 more to go. I just have to keep motivated, I know I will succeed. Someday I will post pictures!
  • lashwish
    lashwish Posts: 93
    Options
    Twin boys who turn 7 this Saturday! I was on hospital bed rest for two months, carried them to 36weeks 1 day and measured 60" around the day before my c-section. They were each 22" long and weighed 5lbs 12 oz/ 6 lbs 3 oz. I gained only 27 lbs., but had some extra weight going into the pregnancy from fertility drugs/food choices. I didn't start working out until they turned three, and the first two years pretty much did only cardio. Then 2 years ago I picked up weights and cleaned up my diet and have been doing it that way ever since!

Plenty of pics in my profile. It's true we may not be able to be what we were before pregnancy...but then again, we just might surprise ourselves and be better than ever!

Cheers fellow twin mommas!

wow! i need your abs! what ahve you been doing??
  • ChaoticMiNd
    ChaoticMiNd Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    LOL I have five year old twin boys. Unfortunately they aren't what caused my weight gain. In fact I lost a LOT pregnant with them, what I could fit in to eat they took haha.
  • Nikkilynn32710
    Nikkilynn32710 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I had two single pregnancies prior to my twin pregnancy. I was put on bed rest when I was 5 months along and was told to stay there until I delivered at 36 weeks. I weighed 150 when I got pregnant and went into the hospital weighing like 220. I dropped about 30-40lbs just from them and the swelling and breastfeeding. By the time they were 11 months old I had enough of being 180lbs! The girls will be 3 in November of this year and I have lost 40lbs since their one year birthday. Here are my pictures....

before:
    iphonepics261.jpg

after:
    iphonepics023.jpg
    iphonepics022.jpg

I still want to lose another 10lbs but this is the smallest I have ever been. I'm currently a size 6/7 with a tad bit of a muffin top but i don't think that will ever fully go away.

Here are my twins :
    iphonepics068.jpg
  • parkermegan
    parkermegan Posts: 167
    Options
    I am 14.5 week twins and working on my "transformation" now.....having twins was a rude awakening for me. I tried to be prepared as far as what my belly would look like after, but it is really different seeing it!
  • katejenkins1
    katejenkins1 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    My twin boys are 6 (and they have a little sister)
    I was on hospital bedrest for 3 months, the boys were born at 26 weeks, w/ emergency C.
    I had no leg strength and the meds took forever to get out of my system. I gained a lot of weight after they were born b/c of the stress of their lives in the NICU.
    Then of course the weight I held onto after my daughter was born. (I did have them tuck a bit when I had the C with my daughter. The first scar looked like the went at me with a hatchet.)

I've lost 20lbs since I started my journey ( a little before I found MFP)
    Been losing weight nice and slow, allowing the skin to tighten up.
    I'd love to show pics, but I'm not in that place yet.

Nice to meet everyone! Feel Free to add me!
  • coffeemom3boys
    coffeemom3boys Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I had two single pregnancies prior to my twin pregnancy. I was put on bed rest when I was 5 months along and was told to stay there until I delivered at 36 weeks. I weighed 150 when I got pregnant and went into the hospital weighing like 220. I dropped about 30-40lbs just from them and the swelling and breastfeeding. By the time they were 11 months old I had enough of being 180lbs! The girls will be 3 in November of this year and I have lost 40lbs since their one year birthday. Here are my pictures....

before:
    iphonepics261.jpg

after:
    iphonepics023.jpg
    iphonepics022.jpg

I still want to lose another 10lbs but this is the smallest I have ever been. I'm currently a size 6/7 with a tad bit of a muffin top but i don't think that will ever fully go away.

Here are my twins :
    iphonepics068.jpg

You look amazing and your girls are so sweet!!
  • StephyJarn
    StephyJarn Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    26 year old with 4 1/2 twin girls! I love all the stories! So inspiring! Feel free to add me
  • Claible
    Claible Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Mine were the 1st and the only. I too was put on bed rest and they were born at 34 weeks. My twins were almost 7 when I started this journey at 274.6 lbs and I am now down to 152.2. I was always a heavy women but the pregnancy of twins definitely didn't help. My problem areas now are basically my whole lower half of my body. But I notice my stomach the most. I believe this will be the hardest area due to the weak muscles from a C section. Even knowing that I will have to work hard with these areas I am celebrating the so far 122lbs loss and can't wait to see the rest of the changes as I come closer to my goal and continue to tone.

Congrats to all you other mom's of twins. It is always a challenge to take care of yourself when you have two or more the same age demanding your time and attention. Mine are old enough now that they go with me on bike rides, walks and sometimes try the workout DVDs with me.
  • fltwins918
    fltwins918 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I have twin boys that will be 4 in Sept. They are my first. I made it to 36 1/2 weeks and was on bedrest from 30 - 34 weeks. I just reached ppw in May (for the 2nd time) and plan to keep going down from here. The "twin skin" is the hardest part for me... the more I lose the looser it seems to become. I got up to 225 post pregnancy (was 188 at my 8 week apt) and am down to 176 surrently. I would like to get to 155 as a goal weight. Hopefully I will be able to add success pics soon!!
  • dsb76
    dsb76 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi, I have 7mo b/g twins and an almost 3 year old daughter. I am 10 lbs below my prepreg weight mostly by exercising and breastfeeding. I've recently up'd my calories because my supply dropped and I've had to start supplementing.
    I am happy with my weight right now though I am still carrying some extra fat around my middle that I'm hoping will gradually disappear (hopefully the loose skin will tighten up as well). I only gained about 40lbs with the twins (they weighed 4lb13oz and 5lb3oz at 36wk scheduled c/s) and I don't think I gained any weight during my 3rd trimester (it just redistributed itself to my belly). I will try to post pictures later this week.
  • hooperkay
    hooperkay Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    My twins are 17 years old. Kinda dont have excuse now huh? I did have two more single births after them, my youngest is 12. Think I'm kinda out of range. Boys were 5lb and 6lb. I gained 75lbs and kept like 40. Had girls and added 20 with each. Boys just graduated and I needed to think of my health, I started feeling old.

I feel you. My twin boys are 18 now. I had another son 19 months after the twins, another son (who, sadly, didn't make it) 20 months after him, and then my daughter 18 months later. All but the child I lost were C-sections.

I was back into size 8 jeans two weeks after the twins were born, and then ballooned up to a 12 by the time they were six months. Stayed that size (give or take a size now and then) for most of the last 18 years.

At one point I did get back to a size 8, but yeah, the "overlap" didn't go anywhere. I've decided it's just part of my charm now. :laugh:

Oh yeah. The boys were 5lbs and 5lbs 12 oz at 36 weeks after two weeks of serious steroids. My next son was 9 lbs 4 oz. :noway: The next was very premature and only weighed 6.5oz. My daughter was 7lbs 4 oz after three months of bedrest. I was very lucky not to have gained much weight with any of the pregnancies (Twins: 25 pounds, single sons: 18 & 19 pounds respectively; daughter: 30 pounds) It isn't, as you can see, the reason for my weight. :cry:

hey we are twin twin mommas of twins. lol my single births were 8lb 9oz and 8lb 10 oz. big babies.
  • emmymae22
    emmymae22 Posts: 206
    Options
    I'm a mommy of 4 year-old twin boys and I'm just NOW back to my pre-baby weight. Mine were delivered via C-section at 41 weeks...they had NO interest in coming out! I've lost around 70 pounds doing Zumba and Turbokick and eating around 1400 calories a day. I also try to get in a walk every day.
  • dotti1121
    dotti1121 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    I'm a twin mommy! My b/g twins are 9 years old though, so this isn't "baby weight" I'm trying to get rid of! I gained 75 pounds with them, but amazingly ALL the weight came off super-fast! Put alot of pounds back on over the years, even topping my pregnancy weight :( Not a success story YET, but I've lost 22 pounds so far with another 40 to go...
  • bm99
    bm99 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Am I the only one who finds the "twin skin" strangely attractive? I LOVE the thought that all you ladies grew multiples! One kid is a miracle, two is a freaking accomplishment.

Anyway, I have identical boys. I was probably around 170lb when I got pregnant. I puked the first 4 months then they put me on bedrest so there was a good 9 months where I barely moved and certainly didn't exercise. They were born at 37 1/2 weeks and I was 202 when I left the hospital. I had a bout with PPD and some hormonal issues so in the past year and a half I got myself to 245 pounds. I started working on getting healthy in January and I am down 18 pounds. I hope I can look half as good as the mamas who posted pics! Oh, and my boys are 21 months.

ETA: They were 7lb 1 oz and 6lb 5 oz
  • feydruss
    feydruss Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I love hearing everyone's success or progress stories. I don't have the excuse of big babies for my weight, though! I was overweight before, then gained a little more from IVF meds.

I didn't gain much in my pregnancy at all, maybe 13lbs. But then I was hospitalized at 30 weeks with preeclampsia and HELLP syndrome, and put on 30lbs of fluid! We managed to stabilize me until 32 weeks, but then the boys had to come out or I was possibly going to die. They were just over 3lbs each, but perfect and healthy and feisty.

My problem was that I'd gotten so used to eating whatever I wanted, and not exercising, that I kept living like that through the first year of their lives, so my weight wasn't going down.

Now, running after them and hefting them around is definitely helping me get back into shape!
  • lashwish
    lashwish Posts: 93
    Options
    Yes, you are the only one who finds twin skin attractive ;) It makes me want to hurl
    I love my boys (I have IDs too) but not my wreck of a body.
    Everytime I go tto the bathroom I check if there is any improvement.

I also continued to eat whatever though exercising after my boys. MFP has helped so much!

DId Hip Hop Abs last nite & it was fun, we'll see what it does for my skin. I dont think I will ever find my abs again
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!