Any Twin Moms want to post their Success Story?

Options

Replies

• lashwish
    lashwish Posts: 93
    Options

ETA: They were 7lb 1 oz and 6lb 5 oz

I thought my IDs were big! They were 6lb2oz & 6lb11oz @ 37wks
  • lashwish
    Options
    I am 14.5 week twins and working on my "transformation" now.....having twins was a rude awakening for me. I tried to be prepared as far as what my belly would look like after, but it is really different seeing it!

You really have to give yourself time too.
    A lot changes on its own month to month!
  • scottsas2
    scottsas2 Posts: 1
    Options
  • cjs22
    cjs22 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    hahaha just realized I typed an entire story under my husbands MFP account. That is the comment above. I don't know how to delete it! Sorry!

I'm a new mommy of b/g twins, that are almost 22 weeks (13 weeks adjusted). All was going well with my pregnancy and I was keeping my weight under control and then they decided to show up 9 weeks and 1 day early! We spent 5 weeks in the NICU and they did so well that we brought them home at 35 weeks rather than 40.
    I can't compare twins to a singleton, but having two is a lot of hard work and it is VERY time consuming! I read someone else's post about eating to stay awake. I was constantly eating or drinking mochas/sodas to stay awake and have enough energy for the next feeding session. I don't know how I ran off an hour of sleep here or there.
    I got Implanon put into my arm for bc since I couldn't remember to take a pill every day and I try to blame my weight gain on that but when my dr asked "What is your diet like" I just kept my mouth shut. hahaha I was in better shape when I was preggo than I am now. How do you moms find time/energy to work out? I'm also back to work full time working 4-10s (6am-430pm)
    I lost a lot of weight before I got preggo because I didn't want to be at an unhealthy weight while pregnant. I lost about 30lbs keeping my calories between 900-1200/ day without exercising. Hopefully now that it is getting nicer here, my husband and I can take the babes on walks/hikes..... I love seeing and hearing the success stories! Keep it up ladies! Moms of multiples are heroes in my book!
  • bm99
    bm99 Posts: 597 Member
    Options

How do you moms find time/energy to work out?

Right now I work out in the morning before they wake up, during nap time or when they are in bed for the night. For the first year and a half I didn't find any time... I know it was in no way healthy for me to not exercise, but the hours I stole here or there to relax or and read or take a long bath or get a nap in certainly helped my mental health and made be able to be a better mother. Of course all that relaxing time helped me get to 245 and I'm paying the piper now lol Well worth it though.
  • feydruss
    feydruss Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I hear you, bm! If I had any spare time in the first year, I used it to SLEEP! I'm only starting to get back to somewhat normal sleep now, but I still only get it in chunks of a few hours at a time (one of mine doesn't STTN yet). But at least now I'm not a total zombie and have more energy to work out.
  • Diary_Queen
    Diary_Queen Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I have 7 year old fraternal twin boys that were born 7 weeks premature @ 5lb 4oz & 5lb 15 oz. I was in the hospital with complications from gestational diabetes for 1 month before I had them. Sadly, after my pregnacy, I was 36 lbs. lighter than before I got pregnant. I'm currently 3 lbs. ligther than that lowest recorded weight and 86 lbs. down from when I started working on my health and fitness in Jan 2011. I'm a single mom with a full time job and a 1 hr each way commute and one of my boys is a special needs child. I'm mostly exhausted all the time LOL
  • Goldenhuman99
    Options
    Well I gained 20 lbs when I was pregnant with my twins. I was worried about gaining more weight and not being able to get rid of it since I wasnt very active being a stay at home mom. I go up and down with this 20lbs but I'm not gaining anymore weight THANK GOD!
  • Kickinkim418
    Kickinkim418 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I have twin boys who are 8 (#1 and #2) and a daughter who is 4. I finally got serious last year about this time and decided that since I had my last child, there were no more excuses. I started running (doing the Couch to 5k program) and the 30 day shred and some other things....a year later, I have lost all the baby weight! I've lost 33 pounds, ran a half marathon last month, and ran a 5k this month. You can do it...just realize that it is a journey and during the journey, there are going to be good days and bad days. Just keep going!

You can do it!

Good luck!
  • bm99
    Options
    I hear you, bm! If I had any spare time in the first year, I used it to SLEEP! I'm only starting to get back to somewhat normal sleep now, but I still only get it in chunks of a few hours at a time (one of mine doesn't STTN yet). But at least now I'm not a total zombie and have more energy to work out.

Oh God... I remember those nights! They didn't STTN til 9 months... every two or three hours they'd wake up and want their bottle. All my fault for putting them to sleep with the bottle to begin with but HOLY CRAP that sucked lol Talk about zombie mommy :smile: I am so glad we're out of that stage.
  • Katie3784
    Katie3784 Posts: 543
    Options
    If you have any more babies, I say you should get a new Obgyn. What kind of doctir thinks that the mother eating a ton is going to make the babies gain weight? It does not work that way. I could see that an anorexic mother could have a baby who was slightly underweight, but for the most part, a baby's weight has nothing to do with what mom eats. The baby takes what it needs, and no more.
  • ZiezieO
    ZiezieO Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I just want to say that I don't have any babies, but mothers- as a child of someone's myself- all your mommy scares and lumps and bumps and extra skin, make you really beautiful. Please remember that on the down days that there is a little (or big) someone out there that appreciates you letting us camp out in there to become new people in the world. And I'm positive that the majority of us are right there with you to help you become healthier people! Include your children in work outs and teach them portion control early!

Thanks ladies!
  • love22step
    love22step Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    I gained 69 lbs. before my twins were born (3 days late) thirty years ago. I've never completely lost the loose skin or the stretch marks, but the weight came off quickly, and I regained my flat stomach. Breastfeeding was a big help with the weight loss. It was nice not having to prepare bottles, too. If one woke up, I would take both of them and settle into the La-Z-Boy. I started running a few months after they were born, and that took off the rest of the weight. Twins are fun. Enjoy them!
  • bm99
    Options
    I just want to say that I don't have any babies, but mothers- as a child of someone's myself- all your mommy scares and lumps and bumps and extra skin, make you really beautiful. Please remember that on the down days that there is a little (or big) someone out there that appreciates you letting us camp out in there to become new people in the world. And I'm positive that the majority of us are right there with you to help you become healthier people! Include your children in work outs and teach them portion control early!

Thanks ladies!

That is really refreshing to hear, even though you are not much younger than myself :smile:
  • BreauxK
    BreauxK Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My twins will be 10 in August. I was 144 when I got pregnant with them. One year later I was 138, and I'm now 150. So, I would like to lose 10-15 pounds by their birthday and be done with my baby weight!! :-) I gained 44 pounds with them, and they were 6 lb 12 oz and 7 lb 5 oz. Big boys for twins! I just started MFP this week, and logging my calories has made me so much more aware of how many calories I've been eating!! Good luck!
  • amandamaren
    amandamaren Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    my b/g twins will be 10 in september. i went into labor and was put on bedrest at 28 weeks in hospital. despite all the mag in the world, my contractions never stopped and they were delivered at 32 weeks. i didn't gain a ton of weight with the pregnancy, but it came off fast. my key has always been to run 3x a week and strength training twice a week, just 30 minutes each workout. sounds like a lot, but once you make it a habit it really does just become second nature. i rarely eat processed foods (like 3x a week tops). another big help is to always track your food and exercise, even if you've met your goal. i'm happy with my current state, but i continue to eat healthy, workout, and track those things, because it can get out of hand pretty quickly.
    i'm 31 years old, 5'5 and 115lbs. still have twin skin.... that's not going anywhere without surgical intervention! and i don't mind the stretch marks, we call them tiger stripes around here :)
  • candctaber
    candctaber Posts: 274
    Options
    My g/g twins are 15 years, they were 5lbs11oz & 6lbs4oz. I was on bed rest almost the whole pregnancy & gained about 85 lbs with them. I have struggled with my weight ever since.
  • 3ofmine
    3ofmine Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Not a twin mama but I'm a triplet mama(2 boys and 1 girl)my babies are going to be 7yrs old in September.. They were 4lb12oz; 3lbs12oz; 3lbs4oz and born at 35wks. I am nowhere near my goal weight but I've lost 20lbs so far. I am needing to lose about 130 more lbs. My goal weight is 130-140lbs and we'll see when I get down there if that is where I want to be. I just started in mid-April on MFP and exercising. I want to do this the right way. I only gained 14lbs with my trips and was down to 200lbs after I gave birth(was 230 when I got preggo) fertility drugs and newly married then I had the kids and as some others posted I ate from stress, on the go and generally not taking care of myself because I didn't have time too. Now they are in school and by next summer I WILL BE NEAR THAT GOAL weight or have hit it. I am not giving up and I WILL DO THIS. I am kinda scared of what my body is going to look like once this weight is gone but I figure I'll deal with that when I get there right now I just need to focus on getting this weight off.

Angel :)
  • lashwish
    Options
    As far as finding time/energy...
    Once I could exercise & after a few months where I would get at least a few hours of decent sleep I started exercising during am naps or while they were content to hang out in bouncy seats.
    It was sheer determination & I certainly still have days where Im beat but usually I force myself now.
    Now that my 4yo is out of school for summer as wos occur after bedtime. Again, I force myself to do it, mostly because I earn some extra cals to eat :) Also after doing it for awhile now, I kinda like exercising or at least how I feel after & thats a miracle for me.
    I am also loving the results & my energy but its still tough some nites.
  • love22step
    love22step Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    Not a twin mama but I'm a triplet mama(2 boys and 1 girl)my babies are going to be 7yrs old in September.. They were 4lb12oz; 3lbs12oz; 3lbs4oz and born at 35wks. I am nowhere near my goal weight but I've lost 20lbs so far. I am needing to lose about 130 more lbs. My goal weight is 130-140lbs and we'll see when I get down there if that is where I want to be. I just started in mid-April on MFP and exercising. I want to do this the right way. I only gained 14lbs with my trips and was down to 200lbs after I gave birth(was 230 when I got preggo) fertility drugs and newly married then I had the kids and as some others posted I ate from stress, on the go and generally not taking care of myself because I didn't have time too. Now they are in school and by next summer I WILL BE NEAR THAT GOAL weight or have hit it. I am not giving up and I WILL DO THIS. I am kinda scared of what my body is going to look like once this weight is gone but I figure I'll deal with that when I get there right now I just need to focus on getting this weight off.

Angel :)

Hats off to you, Angel. :flowerforyou: When I felt overwhelmed taking care of my twins and their two siblings, I always comforted myself with the thought, "At least I didn't have triplets." Best wishes for your continued success!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!