1235»

Replies

• ABetterBalance
    Options
    Oy. I was just wondering when this question would come up again. :wink:

Please choose from one of the following options:
    - I didn't know my diary was private
    - I don't want people judging my eating habits
    - My diary is open to friends (and no, I won't friend you)
    - I don't care, anyone can see my diary
    - I eat only the blood of live chickens

Geez, some people are so crazy restrictive with their diets. Incorporating the blood of frozen chickens into your diet now and then is JUST as healthy, and no one should judge you for that. :happy: :devil:
  • Genericwit
    Genericwit Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I'm with all of the people who have it closed because of fear of judgment.

I used to stress eat, and one of the key times when I stress ate was when someone pointed out I was making bad food decisions. The fatter I felt, the more I ate. And now that I'm eating healthier and losing weight at a steady rate, I don't want anyone to mess that up, especially not someone who's just 'trying to help.' I don't need the constructive criticism. That's what I have my physician for.

And if I mess up, I don't want someone to tell me. I know I messed up. It's self-accountability. That's all I need. If someone random rubs it in, whether intentional or not, it's going to make me feel bad about myself. And I don't need that kind of pressure.

Obviously, something's working for me since I'm losing the weight, and if I have any questions or need any advice, I'll ask for it. And for anyone who wants to know how I'm losing my weight, they can feel free to message me. As people have done in the past. I have no qualms about sharing my general weight loss plan, because I'm proud of it, but I see no reason to give everyone a specific calorie-by-calorie recap.

I have no problem admitting I'm still on very fragile ground when it comes to food. And I'm sure I'm not the only one. Hell, even seeing people posting on friends' diary updates stuff like, 'don't you think you should be doing this instead?' makes me self-conscious.
  • jfrog123
    jfrog123 Posts: 432 Member
    Options

Thank you for the compliment. I actually wrote this as a response in a similar thread. Once I had written it, I decided to post it as a blog entry so that my friends would see it and read it. I had a couple of new friends ask me why my diary was private, and it was easier to have them read this than explain to them individually. I am glad that so many people who feel the same have read it and know that they are not alone.

I had wondered why I was getting new comments on that old post, then I saw this thread :-)
  • AimersBee
    AimersBee Posts: 775 Member
    Options

Thank you for the compliment. I actually wrote this as a response in a similar thread. Once I had written it, I decided to post it as a blog entry so that my friends would see it and read it. I had a couple of new friends ask me why my diary was private, and it was easier to have them read this than explain to them individually. I am glad that so many people who feel the same have read it and know that they are not alone.

I had wondered why I was getting new comments on that old post, then I saw this thread :-)

Just trying to help you out with more comment posts ;) JK, you don't need the help, it was a great read! Anyways understandable about your situation, and I understand that sometimes it's better to just keep it closed due to the lying to yourself, no need for that. As for myself, I'm the type where I just write whatever I eat, and I expect the criticism if I don't follow what I should be doing, keeps me on my toes, just what works for me. And what works for YOU is what should be done, I was just confused due to not being in the situation, and I'm glad I got the feedback from everyone.

I appreciate it, thanks.