Worst NSV EVER!

Options

Replies

• drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    Yes it can be expensive on the front end but all the medical savings you will make when you don't contract diabetes, high blood pressure, cancer, heart disease, strokes and so forth will more than make up for it.

This is not very long term thinking. By losing weight you will live longer and over the course of your life actually have more health costs than if you just overate now and died of a heart attack
  • mermx
    mermx Posts: 976
    Options
    All my shorts and jeans are baggy now. So, I just pretend I'm a 17 year old inner city youth and let em hang down.

pants-on-the-ground.jpg?w=690

Hahaha great
  • NicLiving
    NicLiving Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Nothing fits and I don't have money to buy new clothes...again

Me too and the boss is starting to notice : (
    Clothes & shoes are too expensive and I can't afford to buy in mutliple sizes...I'm not at my goal weight yet.
    What to do what to do????
  • natesangel
    natesangel Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Mwaha! i did that too only with a pair of jeans! first pair i'd had in a long time that fit… that lasted about a week!
  • dirtbikegirl5
    dirtbikegirl5 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    You could just quit wearing underwear until you lose all the weight you want to.
  • cindyj7
    cindyj7 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Celebrate your victory, sister!!
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Options
    My worst NSV ever was my wedding ring almost falling down the sink because it was two sizes too big all of a sudden! It was a close call!!

my wedding ring DID fall off, and i lost it, never to be seen again :sad:
  • cassblue21
    cassblue21 Posts: 207
    Options
    I say go consignment/thrift store shopping. I got pretty much a whole new wardrobe for around $100 bucks at Platos closet. They have shoes and purses as well. And I still have a ways to go for my goal weight. You don't have to spend a ton to buy a few awesome pieces here and there. :)

But not for undies of course. lol
  • Donnaakamagmid
    Donnaakamagmid Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Clearance racks are your friend
  • marjen002
    marjen002 Posts: 112
    Options
    I just got two pairs of nice work/suit pants tailored...much cheaper than buying two new pairs.
  • atxdee
    atxdee Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    excuse my dumbness but what does NSV mean?
  • marjen002
    marjen002 Posts: 112
    Options
    You could just quit wearing underwear until you lose all the weight you want to.

Haha! Love this!!!
  • Lize11e
    Lize11e Posts: 419
    Options
    Just get some white cotton ones that are a little snug and they should last a while. I'd personally suggest the second hand shops for pants. I've never been able to find shirts at those places but I have like six pairs of pants now that I may have $10 in. I refuse to buy anything new (other than socks and undies) until I reach goal. I say that now but I may end up having to buy some shirts before long. Literally 80% of my clothes look sloppy if I try to wear them.
  • Lize11e
    Lize11e Posts: 419
    Options
    excuse my dumbness but what does NSV mean?

Non-Scale Victory
  • Donnaakamagmid
    Donnaakamagmid Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Are you kidding me? The worst NSV might be needing to buy a bra in the kiddie section of Walmart.. Not under ware being too big... That sounds like a dream come true...

:sad: That's going to be me. Poor little things are shring away. Wish I couls say the same for my butt!:tongue:
  • PatasDeGallina
    PatasDeGallina Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    My worst NSV ever was my wedding ring almost falling down the sink because it was two sizes too big all of a sudden! It was a close call!!

my wedding ring DID fall off, and i lost it, never to be seen again :sad:

Oh NO!!! I'm so sorry!! I put my old wedding ring on a chain and the new one is about to join it hanging around my neck.

To the OP: Hit the Goodwill if you want to save some cash. My husband and I are getting all our clothes there now. It's like we're renting them... We buy them, then we take them back and get more when they're too big. :happy:
  • RLDeShazo
    RLDeShazo Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    All successful weight loss folks end up commando in the long run.
    I was commando before any weight loss. Maybe I'm just an over achiever...

me too LOL
  • DeepAsAPlate
    DeepAsAPlate Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    underpants-gnomes.jpg
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,424 Member
    Options
    About a month before before I began my weight loss I had to buy new underware, Now they are all literally falling off! It's the worst NSV ever! That and I have only 3 pairs of pants that fit. I'm going clothes shopping today. Man, losing weight is expensive and I'm only half way to goal.

Thank goodness for thrift shops, consignment stores, and sale racks! All great places for interim clothes that aren't so expensive to replace later in the weight-loss process :laugh:

I am saving my "new / full retail price" clothing budget for closer to maintenance.
  • leigaia
    leigaia Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    About a month before before I began my weight loss I had to buy new underware, Now they are all literally falling off! It's the worst NSV ever! That and I have only 3 pairs of pants that fit. I'm going clothes shopping today. Man, losing weight is expensive and I'm only half way to goal.

I totally understand! And I was cheaping out by not buying work clothes, but this plan is no longer possible.

Don't forget to get remeasured for bras! My size shifted there as well.

The biggest winner in my weight loss journey is my sister. She gets my hand me downs!

Speaking of Hand me Downs! Maybe we should start a clothes exchange group.