WHY Are you losing weight?

Options

Replies

• isweatglitter
    Options
    I just want to look hot and fit in with my skinny friends and sister.
  • melissan84
    melissan84 Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I am doing this for me. I am tried of who I was in the mirror. I want to be fit and toned and not be embarrassed of my body.

I want my kids growing up knowing that they need to be healthy.

I dont want to be another statistic in my family with cancer, high blood pressure nor diabetes. I want to be able to fight these and live to see my grandchildren.
  • inkandsheep
    inkandsheep Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I want to fit back into my old clothes from a couple of years ago - so I want to lose 2 dress sizes. I also want to be healthier - I realised I've been eating so much crap for years and really want to change that! Being healthier is really my biggest reason for this, more so than being slimmer. I only had about 12-15 pounds in total to lose so not lots but somehow it feels really difficult and slow! I've lost 6 pounds in 50 days so far...
  • CEHayes73
    CEHayes73 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    For my health. I have four kids and I want to be around for them for a long, long, long time!!
  • Assassins_Angel
    Options
    for my health, and being able to fit into the seats on planes again T_T and for more confidence :)
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    I started for completely different reasons, but now, I just want my body to be sexy. Or at least sexier. :wink:
  • Erica27511
    Erica27511 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    1. I'd like to fit comfortably in an airplane seat
    2. Wear 4" heels for more than 30 minutes
    3. Keep up with my active husband
    4. Shop in any store in the mall
    5. MAKE HEADS ROLL :laugh:
  • AlyRoseNYC
    AlyRoseNYC Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    Pure vanity.
  • kayleesays
    kayleesays Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    To get into that little black dress? To impress that special someone?

My goal is to join the Air Force one day. I plan on doing ROTC when i get to college (next fall!) and I want to be in shape so i can survive and one day be an officer. I hope to be an interpreter for the AF. :3

Why are YOU losing weight?

My inspiration is the Air Force, too :) I'm going enlisted and I leave July 24th!
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    cuz i wanna look gooooood naked for my hubby, and so I don't cringe every time i look in the mirror. And so when we go out people look at my husband with envy, or at least not with pity. I don't want to be that fat frumpy wife that i see so often.
  • dusty_712001
    dusty_712001 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    To not be fat.
    To not have to buy fat people clothes.
    To not be one of those people that has to use a motorized cart to get around.
    To get back at everyone who said I was fat.
    To make my family proud.
    To make myself proud.
    To get the kind I guy I want and deserve.
    To say I actually did something meaningful.

If you have to lose weight to get the right guy, he doesnt deserve you! D=
    But, yea, it does help getting them to notice xD

^^That is true but come on... let's be real. Attraction is almost always physical and if we can make ourselves look better, we can attract better quality.

You are right. Its usually physical attraction that draws people in...Its afterwards they get to learn the type of person we are.
  • MissLuana
    MissLuana Posts: 356
    Options
    For me it's more of a health thing, I didn't become a father (at least that I know of) until I was almost 40 and I want to be around to dance at my daughter's wedding (she's only 14 so it will be a few years....) and be a healthy, active grandfather when the time comes.

Love this ^ ^ ^ ^
  • dhencel
    dhencel Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I love all your reasons but you should change the order.. Making yourself proud should be #1!!!! Keep up the good work.. You are doing this for you and no one else... That is the best reason!!!!
  • sammniamii
    sammniamii Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Because for once in my life i don't want to be stared at, laughed at, picked on or talked under the breath because I'm fat. I have been big since I was little... like 3-4 little. I remember even in K & 1st grade being one of the largest kids in class.

I'm tired of being picked on, bullied and tormented for being alive.
  • dusty_712001
    dusty_712001 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Back pain keeps me from doing the things I want. Unfortunately, it also hinders my efforts in losing the weight as far as exercise goes. I am walking further and faster than I used to and I plan on pushing through it till I get there.
  • rosiecotton24
    rosiecotton24 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    First of all, for my health. I am way over what I should way for my height. I know I'm not healthy.
    I don't like how I look. I hate trying on clothes because I don't like how anything looks on me. I'm embarrassed how I look- especially in photos!
    I also KNOW that I can do it! I did it before 12 years ago. I know how it feels to be thin and in shape and I want to feel that way again!
  • Sister_Someone
    Sister_Someone Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Because I don't know who the fat person is. I know that I don't want to be her. I don't want to ever hear "the fat girl" being used as an adjective to describe me.
  • rosiecotton24
    rosiecotton24 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    cuz i wanna look gooooood naked for my hubby, and so I don't cringe every time i look in the mirror. And so when we go out people look at my husband with envy, or at least not with pity. I don't want to be that fat frumpy wife that i see so often.

I know how you feel! My husband still tells me I'm hot and sexy (I don't see it though! lol) but I still want to actually look it!!
  • JenRLo
    JenRLo Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Because I'm worth it!
  • Em_runs_away
    Em_runs_away Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I want to be confident with my body, I want to prove to myself that I didn't just wallow in fat and self pity letting it get worse year on year but I changed it through hard work.
    I want to be a good role model for my beautiful children so that they learn to eat and exercise healthily the easy way and not the hard way.
    I want to make my family and friends proud of me for this, though I know they're proud for other reasons.
    I will do it, it's just a matter of time.