Is it ok for a woman..........

Options

Replies

• vvanm
    vvanm Posts: 157
    Options
    First, married couples don't tell each other what they can and cannot do. It's not prison. You marry someone who does what it takes to make the primary relationship thrive. Second, it's fine to say how you feel if you are uncomfortable. Your spouse should want you to feel secure in the marriage and this works both ways. If you are not OK with what your spouse is doing and they discount your feelings you have to decide if that's what you want to live with. Old friends should have other relationships evolve over time and there has to be complete honesty about intentions and emotional investing. If the friend doesn't mesh well with the spouse they need to be kept at a respectful distance. Ideally, a couples friendship with the friend's significant other keeps the friendship in perspective. A lot of time talking with an old friend could be emotional distancing from you, especially if she's confiding about her marriage problems.
  • SSGirlLV
    SSGirlLV Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I'm going to give my opinion as a woman. I have been married for 25 years and am very happy. I have lots of male friends that I do occasionally talk to on the phone and exchange texts with. I never run and hide when the phone rings and I my phone is always available for my husband to go through if he wants. My husband also has female friends that he talks with too. Its about trust, being open and honest with your communication with others. If you don't have those things then you don't have a good foundation in the first place. I find communication with others to be a part of life but, I find you need to keep that communication appropriate too. I think you two need to start with improving yours and being more open and honest with your feelings about each other as well as others. It makes a huge difference in your relationship when you are both on the same page. Good luck!
  • FuneralDiner
    FuneralDiner Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    While you're RPing with your D&D friends, she's RPing doctors & nurses.
  • IamSheaMc
    IamSheaMc Posts: 1,310 Member
    Options
    If she is talking to them infront of your face and nothing is being done behind your back then sure. My mom talks on the phone infront of my dad with her male friends. She doesn't hide or answer the phone in another room, or hang up when he enters the room. The conversations are innocent.

If here are no secret rendezvous, then sure. She trust that you are with the guys when she leaves, trust that she is being respectful.
    Maybe she needs friends to pass the time.

Just make sure you give her lots of love, attention and affection and remind her who is "Hsband".
  • IamSheaMc
    IamSheaMc Posts: 1,310 Member
    Options
    While you're RPing with your D&D friends, she's RPing doctors & nurses.

OMG haha you are so mean, that made me bust out laughing lol
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    This sounds very wrong to me, and I can say this from experience. If you don't do something about it now, your relationship is likely going to take a turn for the worst, very soon!
  • mattsgrl98
    mattsgrl98 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    9 times outta 10 if you think something is wrong....usually something is wrong!! Go with your gut!!
  • RedHeadDevotchka
    RedHeadDevotchka Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    You obviously have a problem with it I think most people would. While I am a talkative person and wouldn't mean anything doing that myself, I don't out of respect for my husband. Marriage isn't the same for everyone, and while that might be okay for one couple she needs to know it's not ok with you and that's part of marriage, comprising for the other person sometimes.
  • Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    Options
    Ladies and Gentlemen, if it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then what is it?
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    where is this part 2 you speak of? I hope it answers some of the questions that people have been asking you and you've ignored..
  • Cassaaaaandra
    Cassaaaaandra Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Ladies and Gentlemen, if it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then what is it?

A bunny?
  • thelovelyLIZ
    thelovelyLIZ Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    I don't see why it wouldn't be okay. I mean, if she was fooling around with this guy, don't you think she'd try to be more secretive about it?
  • dodihere
    dodihere Posts: 490
    Options
    Not only is she disrespecting you, but the man on the other end of the line, who is talking to a married woman for hours, is disrepecting you. If you do nothing about it, then you have allowed it to happen.
  • n25philly
    n25philly Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    You let her use the phone?
  • clairerose11
    clairerose11 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I'm very sorry to say that this is sort of what happened to my Mum and Dad, and it turned out she was having an affair.

I am sorry ... :(
  • mrsnathanandrew
    mrsnathanandrew Posts: 631 Member
    Options

A bunny?

No! It's a chicken! :)
  • Jipples
    Jipples Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Seems legit.

this
  • gerirojas
    gerirojas Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Drop Dungeons and Dragons and take her out on a date
  • lydia_the_tattooed_lady
    Options
    Is it ok for a woman to talk on the phone to a guy for three hours if she is married? and talk to him for an hour here and an hour there and txt him at 1030 at night? Is it being unsupportive to be uncomfortable with that and saying how you feel about it? I am curious. WHat everyones opinion is on it. Even if she says you can go do whatever and then brings up the fact that she is supportive of me cause she lets me hang with the guys every other weekend at his house playing Dungeons and Dragons, yes I said I am a role player. Please Id like the opinions of everyone. Thanks

I play D & D too!! :D Glad I'm not the only one on here lol
  • MichelleB1427
    Options
    Thats not ok.... A little while after my now fiance and I were dating his ex would call ALL the time and he would talk to her for a while.... not in front of me though. I told him that it really bothered me and he quit talking to her on the phone all the time. Once and a great while she will FB him but the phone calls have long been stopped! Regardless if it is an ex or not she really shouldnt be doing that... thats not cool, especially if she's married!