• foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options

Anyways, happy ALMOST - Friday everyone!:drinker:

yayyyyyyy
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    lioness...i am not just referring to this page...i'm referring to every "debated" topic i've seen you in... and for some reason all the ones i've seen have eventually gotten shut down ....

There are plenty of debated topics that I have been in and am presently in that are still ongoing.

What you don't see is the PM's with people coming to me telling me how I have opened their eyes to label reading and being more careful in what they are eating.

I have also had several apologies stating they were wrong to have bashed me in the past.

I will admit to being one of those people:blushing: . I think the more information we are provided, the better choices we can make. Sometimes we (I) have a bad day or the words are harder on white page than if spoken from the heart in person, but what it all boils down to is learning.

We should always listen and learn. Provided we are respectful of one another.

That being said, I will eat a balanced diet of 40/30/30 and read the posts if I wish or ignore if they piss me off:wink:
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    lioness...i am not just referring to this page...i'm referring to every "debated" topic i've seen you in... and for some reason all the ones i've seen have eventually gotten shut down ....

There are plenty of debated topics that I have been in and am presently in that are still ongoing.

What you don't see is the PM's with people coming to me telling me how I have opened their eyes to label reading and being more careful in what they are eating.

I have also had several apologies stating they were wrong to have bashed me in the past.

I will admit to being one of those people:blushing: . I think the more information we are provided, the better choices we can make. Sometimes we (I) have a bad day or the words are harder on white page than if spoken from the heart in person, but what it all boils down to is learning.

That being said, I will eat a balanced diet of 40/30/30 and read the posts if I wish or ignore if they piss me off:wink:

knowledge is power...so true. but! there are lots of streams of knowledge, and as long as no one forces theirs as being a conclusive argument, then i think it is ok and that we can all be aware of each others research on this topic
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options

knowledge is power...so true. but! there are lots of streams of knowledge, and as long as no one forces theirs as being a conclusive argument, then i think it is ok and that we can all be aware of each others research on this topic

Usually heated debate makes me want to know more! :tongue:
  • July24Lioness
    July24Lioness Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic. So we have heard both sides of this argument a million times. Unless someone has something NEW to add, how about we agree to disagree and get on with our lives? I mean a healthy debate is one thing but enough is enough. :grumble:

I think the one thing we can agree on is that time will tell. I look forward to the research that will come out 100 yrs from now to either support or refute different diets. Time and a large sample size is what is required to really highlight the facts, whatever they end up being.

You are correct in that, that time will tell.

Personally speaking though, I see the failure of the Standard American Diet and the Low Fat mantra that has been touted for decades and instead of decreased instances of heart disease, diabetes, cancer and other illnesses - we are seeing more and more everyday.
  • July24Lioness
    July24Lioness Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options

Usually heated debate makes me want to know more! :tongue:

Me too!!!
  • metalpalace
    Options
    oh i have such a bad joke lmao but i cant say it here lol

Say it! Oh you have to now! Don't deprive us of a good joke :happy:
  • metalpalace
    Options
    That's fantastic. So we have heard both sides of this argument a million times. Unless someone has something NEW to add, how about we agree to disagree and get on with our lives? I mean a healthy debate is one thing but enough is enough. :grumble:

I think the one thing we can agree on is that time will tell. I look forward to the research that will come out 100 yrs from now to either support or refute different diets. Time and a large sample size is what is required to really highlight the facts, whatever they end up being.

Every day to me is friday, or saturday, whichever way I feel that particular day :laugh:
  • HealthyKt78
    Options
    If there's no debate than what's the fun in reading it? Its like watching a movie or tv show. Who watches if there's no controversy? They don't make entertainment material without some type of conflict in it. I skip over the posts that have no 'meat' in them cause I honestly just don't care but when I see that there's a difference in opinion somewhere I become intrigued and I want to learn more so I know what side I stand on or whether I'm somewhere in the middle.
    Those of us who just want everyone to agree and to not have debates obviously don't see the benefits. I learn much more in a debate setting than I ever will when there's no confrontation involved.