Bit Embarrassing

Options

Replies

• Guisma
    Guisma Posts: 215
    Options
    U can track ur Fiber ingestion in ur food diary , drink ALOT of water, add olive oil to ur food , eat Figs and if that doesnt work have ortis & Fiber , u dont have to take everyday and u can just take half a day depending how many fibers u need ...
  • Guisma
    Guisma Posts: 215
    Options
    Ortis - Fruits & Fibers ....
  • Angelabec
    Angelabec Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I don't know if it works for everyone, but I find Green Tea helps.
  • NewChristina
    NewChristina Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    also make sure you're not over-doing your iron.
  • teephil
    teephil Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I found taking magnesium works great for times like these. And as others have said, make sure you're getting enough water! Your body uses a lot of water to, um, keep traffic moving along smoothly...
  • creech6317
    creech6317 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    When I have this problem I drink Triple Leaf Tea - Super Slimming Tea

It gets everything moving again. You can get it at Safeway or health food stores.
  • starcatcher1975
    starcatcher1975 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Don't know if it's been suggested yet but there are breads out that have more fiber in them, also fiber one makes great tasting cereal, yogurt, bars, muffins, even brownies and they are packed with fiber but not the cardboard taste. There are also fiber supplements that you can mix into drinks and they (supposedly) don't change the texture or taste of your drink, or even fiber pills. Make sure you get enough water.

ETA: Chai and flax seeds can really help out too! Put some in a drink or sprinkled over something and have at it. That should get you moving again :smile:
  • MCPaulyB
    MCPaulyB Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I had the same thing a while ago and went to the Doctor. Take Benefiber supplement (available at a drugstore or grocery store) and LOTS of water. It takes time, but will go away.

Now I'm very conscious of my fiber intake...Avocado is awesome, and use double fiber breads. I also put high fiber cereal in my protein shakes.
  • Brianabomb
    Brianabomb Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • jamaljohar
    jamaljohar Posts: 55
    Options
    try psyllium fiber.. 2 teaspoons a day, it'll rip anything not anchored down right out!
  • shelbynicole32
    shelbynicole32 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    probiotics have helped me stay regular
  • judijo621
    judijo621 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Stool softeners, twice a day, every day. forever. You can buy bottles of them cheap at Sams Club or Costco.
  • katejkelley
    katejkelley Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    Smooth Moves tea is an herbal tea that helps get things moving without having to take a laxative.
  • coraliethomas
    coraliethomas Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Make sure you are drinking enough water.... going into warmer weather now and your body needs more...
  • Meatsies
    Meatsies Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    http://thoughtcatalog.com/2012/the-dos-and-donts-of-drinking-ballerina-tea/

I love opportunities to share this link.
    Best. Link. Ever.
  • MrsSWW
    MrsSWW Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    I can only speak for myself, if I go very low fat I get bunged up, no way around it. So, if you look at my diary you'll lots of olive oil. Drink enough water, eat fruit and veg, have some olive oil drizzled over your salad, simplez *squeaks* :wink:
  • staps065
    staps065 Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    Drink more water and eat mre fiber. In the meantime, take a laxative. It is not healthy to be constipated...
  • MissCMcElroy
    Options
    Water water water and tons of Broccoli! It'll take your body a bit to get used to it as your metabolism is changing. :o)
  • Shelgirl001
    Shelgirl001 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Kellogg's fiber plus bars are great here and they really taste good. Plus they are not high calories.
  • kickers19
    kickers19 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    i have IBS and get constipated all the time. I drink a smoth move laxitive tea at night and right in the morning I'm running for the bathroom! it works great for me.