I loved the 80's because ...

Options
123457»

Replies

• redshoeshelley
    redshoeshelley Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    The Hair bands - Cinderella, Slaughter, Whitesnake, Quiet Riot

This!!! I was a definite hair band fan and dated only headbangers back then. Something about guys with long hair wearing leather ... Nowadays I thank God for Hair Nation on Syrius! Priest, Ratt, GNR, Motley Crue, Poison ... ahhh, the good ol days!

Oh, this hit a nerve with me ... I too only dated the bad boys, had a major crush on a drummer. Something about the image ... the hair, the "badittude", the whole package.
    Now that I've grown up (clears throat), I chose to be with a man who is a man and not a wannabe rockstar / master of douchebaggery :laugh:

... and yes, I realize that all of them weren't like that. My apologies in advance to those I may have offended :wink:
  • str8bowbabe
    str8bowbabe Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    OMGOSH! How could I forget this one???

Top Gun with the then hot and not crazy Tom Cruise!!
  • snoopytwins
    snoopytwins Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options

Screw Tom Cruise...what about Val Kilmer when he was still hawt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • hawki200
    hawki200 Posts: 1
    Options
    The A Team, Street Hawk, Knight Rider, Whitesnake, Kylie MInogue (Still) Kiss, Having hair, Cassettes, Pepe Jeans, Walkmans, Climie Fisher, Pet Shop Boys, Stock Aitken Waterman, Heather Locklear, Pepsi and Shirley, Top of the Pops, Patsy Kensit, Transvision Vamp, fashion, Mullets...........I was thin, then again I was in my teens. Amazing decade
  • VaporsWorld
    VaporsWorld Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    ....because what was NOT to love?!?!?
  • JaceyMarieS
    JaceyMarieS Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    because i was young, only thought I was fat and for the only time in my life had acceptable (big) hair
  • str8bowbabe
    str8bowbabe Posts: 712 Member
    Options

I think someone might of used too much white rain! LOL J/K

Val was good in the day but not so much anymore....
  • snoopytwins
    snoopytwins Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options

I think someone might of used too much white rain! LOL J/K

Val was good in the day but not so much anymore....
    Oh...he's a hot mess nowadays...that's why when he was "still" hot. He's not the Top Gun Val Kilmer anymore. :cry: