Replies

• DS67ATX
    DS67ATX Posts: 289
    Options
    I think so.
  • skinyZ
    skinyZ Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I s more unhappy with my size when I wanted to lose 10 lbs than when I was older, more mature, financially stable, emotionally secure, happily married, and wanted to lose 50 lbs. IMO a lot of the people who cannot possibly imagine an overweight person being happy are sayin that because they are so unhappy with their much low amount they have to lose or even with their ideal body weight. If they grow up and mature they will realize that weight is just a number and not a reflection of happiness.

Would I like to be thinner? ABSOLUTELY!! But that doesn't affect my happiness with myself anymore than the fact that I'd like to be richer or taller or have perfect eyesight affects my happiness. I cannot imagine being so petty and self absorbed as to think that that one petty factor could actually influence whether or not someone is truly happy with themselves and their life. I fee sorry for people who think that way.

i don't mean that it would make them desperately unhappy in every aspect of life and want to kill themselves i just mean unhappy with their weight, like you said "would i like to be thinner? ABSOLUTELY!!"
    I'd also like to be richer, taller, and have hair without split ends. But just because I don't have those things doesn't mean I'm not happy or content with my life. It doesn't mean that it's a priority to me or that I'm embarrassed to be seen in a Ford instead of a Lexus. It doesn't mean I'm envious of my neighbor's new Mercedes. I'm perfectly happy with the way things are. Your original question was rather juvenille, petty, silly, and frankly mean. Can you imagine someone who doesn't own a 2500+ sqft home being truly happy? Stupid question right? Well it's not any stupider than asking if someone who is overweight can truly be happy.

my original question was "do you think that there are people who are very overweight who are genuinely happy WITH THEIR SIZE?" not with their life

maybe it is stupid, silly, juvenile and petty but so what? is it really a crime to have a silly debate :huh: i dont think so! it was a trivial debate i was having with my friend and as it was about weight i thought i would share it with you guys, no need to take it so seriously, all in all you disagree with anyone who thinks that overweight people are truly happy with their size and that is fine LOL

also i don't see how im being mean! im not saying "ugh fat people are disgusting and i hate you all :grumble: " it is possible to be unhappy about your weight and completely happy in other aspects of life, like it is to be unhappy that your broke and happy with the way you look,

sheesh! don't have a cow man