Do you have a crazy....

Options

Replies

• coachblt
    coachblt Posts: 1,090
    Options
    Absolutely: I have a fear of stunningly beautiful women. I love looking at them, I just can't bring myself to talk and flirt with them. I know, I should, but I can't.
  • monipie
    monipie Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    i have a stupid phobia of static shock. i can't stand it. i look like a crazy person because i always have to touch something with my elbow, knuckle, or foot (i will kick car doors etc) before i touch them with my fingers. i don't like getting shocked anywhere but i can deal with it just not on my hands or fingers. i was so scared to get shocked when i lived in Rhode Island that i hardly left the house. okay, now i am embarrassed.
  • coachblt
    coachblt Posts: 1,090
    Options
    i have a stupid phobia of static shock. i can't stand it. i look like a crazy person because i always have to touch something with my elbow, knuckle, or foot (i will kick car doors etc) before i touch them with my fingers. i don't like getting shocked anywhere but i can deal with it just not on my hands or fingers. i was so scared to get shocked when i lived in Rhode Island that i hardly left the house. okay, now i am embarrassed.

That's SHOCKING! :laugh:
  • dragonbait0126
    dragonbait0126 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Bridges seems to be a common one that I wouldn't have expected. Is it the height? Or just the drop off? Or the fact that they are usually over water? Not that there has to be a reason just wondering (there certainly isnt a reason behind mine, or at least not a good one).

I hate them because I'm afraid they will collapse. I can't stand being on them or under them. I'm the same way with highway tunnels. If I have to drive across or under one I start driving like I'm in Nascar. My husband always tried to convince me that the bridge wasn't going to collapse until the one that did a few years ago and made national news (I can't remember which state it was). I called my husband and told him to turn on the news and then screamed in the phone "NOW do you understand?!" LOL.

I'm also afraid of closet monsters (yes, you read that correctly). I can't sleep with my closet door open. I'm convinced that if the door is open and something is hiding in there I can't see or hear them come out. But if the door is closed then I will hear it open and be able to defend myself. I've been this way for as long as I can remember. My husband thinks I'm bonkers.

My only other irrational fear is that of darkness behind me but it really depends on where I am. In my old house, I couldn't stand turning out all the lights and then walking to the back of the house to go to bed. I would practically run to the bedroom where the light was on because it felt like something was going to jump out of the darkness behind me. When we moved from that house though, I no longer had that feeling and I don't get that feeling in my current place either.
  • Britt2Fitjrny
    Britt2Fitjrny Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I have a friend who is afraid of spiders being under the toilet seat so every time she goes to the bathroom she always has to check it out before she sits down. That same friend is also afraid of someone hiding behind the shower curtain so she always has to looks behind that before she uses the bathroom. She's a mess.... hahaha
  • ABetterBalance
    Options
    Feet- although it's not really that I am afraid of them. I just hate them. To the point that I have avoided ER trips because I didn't want a doctor to touch mine.

I guess my biggest one is self harm. People talking about it, seeing it in movies, hearing about it in songs (the Johnny Cash cover of hurt?? Literally makes me nauseous!) It's an irrational one that I have to confront almost daily, since I work with an admissions team at a psychiatric hospital- so the topic comes up a lot. It sends me into a state of near panic though, I have a hard time breathing, I feel clammy, and I have to start singing to myself (in my head) to try and block out what is being said.
  • comogirl
    comogirl Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Absolutely: I have a fear of stunningly beautiful women. I love looking at them, I just can't bring myself to talk and flirt with them. I know, I should, but I can't.
    Aw. You totally should though! Nothing ventured nothing gained!
  • comogirl
    Options
    Feet- although it's not really that I am afraid of them. I just hate them. To the point that I have avoided ER trips because I didn't want a doctor to touch mine.

I guess my biggest one is self harm. People talking about it, seeing it in movies, hearing about it in songs (the Johnny Cash cover of hurt?? Literally makes me nauseous!) It's an irrational one that I have to confront almost daily, since I work with an admissions team at a psychiatric hospital- so the topic comes up a lot. It sends me into a state of near panic though, I have a hard time breathing, I feel clammy, and I have to start singing to myself (in my head) to try and block out what is being said.
    I cant say I am fond of either one of these either. Feet in particular gross me out!
  • PicNic00
    PicNic00 Posts: 269 Member
    Options

me too!!!!
  • ImKindOfABigDeal40
    ImKindOfABigDeal40 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    I detest any and all spiders. I don't run from them like a little girl or anything but I will kill them as soon as I see them. I guess its a phobia.
  • loneworg
    loneworg Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Birds, they freak me out to no end. If someone owns a bird I refuse to go into the same room with it.
  • tequila09
    tequila09 Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    I have a knee thing. I hate knees, my knees and other peoples knees when they bend ew I just get a gross uncomfortable feeling
  • TexanThom
    TexanThom Posts: 778
    Options
    No phobias, but I have some very irrational fears...
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    I'm trypophobic. I won't explain it without getting the willies, you can google it.
  • RachFace1000
    RachFace1000 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    feet and spiders
  • comogirl
    Options
    I'm trypophobic. I won't explain it without getting the willies, you can google it.
    Googled it. Very interesting.
  • ActiveGuy81
    ActiveGuy81 Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    I hate heights and roller coasters
  • dotti1121
    dotti1121 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    Just the usual...snakes! The only "good" snake is a dead one IMO!!!
  • dotti1121
    dotti1121 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    Googled it. Very interesting.

Interesting? I was digusted LOL Couldn't keep reading...was afraid I would become a trypophobic!
  • littlemoonsandy
    littlemoonsandy Posts: 1,930
    Options
    June bugs, they scare the bajesus out of me, if one gets in my house I'll run someone over to get away and cry like I have been stabbed a 100 times in the neck.