Homemade Pickles...Ill post the recipe
  • fire34116
    fire34116 Posts: 16
    Options
    YUM!!!
  • kganc001
    kganc001 Posts: 317
    Options
    Cucumber salad!! Om nom nom! My favorite part about japanese restaurants....

http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/japanese_cucumber_salad.html
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    Ingredients:
    •1 medium to large English cucumber
    •1/2 cup strained fat-free Greek yogurt (Oikos or Fage are good brands)
    •1/4 cup fresh mint, finely chopped

Preparation:

Halve the cucumber lengthwise, then slice thinly—a food processor will do this nicely. In a large bowl, combine yogurt and mint. Add cucumber and toss until coated. Cover and refrigerate for 2-4 hours.
    Serves 4-6

Per Serving: Calories 14, Calories from Fat 0, Total Fat 0.1g (sat 0mg), Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 9mg, Carbohydrate 2.5g, Fiber 0.8g, Protein 1g
  • dollhousedolly
    dollhousedolly Posts: 73 Member
    Options
  • Mpol2
    Mpol2 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Other than a salad, what can I do with cucumbers?
    1873973_o.gif

This made me giggle for the last 10 minutes.
  • EvelynBfly78
    EvelynBfly78 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Peel & slice. Add thinly sliced green onion (white & green parts), white vinegar, a little sweetener (sugar, Splenda, or whatever you like), salt & pepper to taste. Refrigerate a few hours. You're good to go! Yummy!!!
  • quiltlovinlisa
    quiltlovinlisa Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    My favorite summer smoothie. An inch and a half of an unpeeled hothouse cuke. One cup water, one or two generous handfuls of fresh spinach, a cup of frozen berries (we like strawberries or blueberries), a touch of liquid stevia, half a dozen ice cubes and blend. It taste like summer feels.
  • kiern18
    kiern18 Posts: 61
    Options
    I use cucumbers almost everyday and I make sure that I always have them in the fridge. I do like them on a wrap with some fresh spinach, vinegar, garlic hummus, and maybe some turkey or chicken. I also can eat them plain with some pepper and dried oregano. And I love cucumber water- cucumber water is the best.
  • epfenick
    epfenick Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I saw a post on Pinterest where they peeled the cucumber and cut it in half lengthwise then used it as "bread" for a tuna sandwich. It's on my list of things to try.
  • tc41586
    tc41586 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Cucumber salad.....peel if want, mandolin slice very thin, also finely slice onions, add vinegar and some sweetner. Let marinate few hours. I usually use 1 onion and 2 cukes.

Some recipes (google away) also use mayo and add some dill weed. The vinegar (you don't use all that much) will get the juices to run from the cukes so don't freak out at the small amount of liquid you start with. I've made it with sugar as well as low cal sweetners and I have used mayo in the past (4tbsp of each ingredient). Its up to your taste buds of course.

yummmmmmmmm
  • ctinawilson
    ctinawilson Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    One word... Tzatziki. Go heavy on the cucumber. Yummy!
  • rachelklewis3
    rachelklewis3 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I like mine sliced with a drizzle of lemon juice and a sprinkle of sea salt. Yummmm :) You can also dice them and toss them in a little Italian dressing for an easy cucumber side salad.
  • joyce0624
    joyce0624 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    bump
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    Raita, the most refreshing thing in hot weather... sliced cucumbers, a dash of lemon juice, a little touch of sugar, a quarter to a half cup of chopped fresh mint, a sprinkle of coarse ground black pepper, and a big carton of plain yogurt, mix all together and thin the yogurt down to the consistency of heavy cream.
  • eylia
    eylia Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I love them plain, sliced into quarters length-ways and used to dip into dips (hummus especially), nice with carrot and celery to mix it up.

Also use them in fresh rice paper rolls (vietnamese style), and in sushi too-it's a great low cal addition, and also nice and refreshing if you're using spicy/chilli dipping sauce.

Love it in my iced water in summer too, yummy with mint and lemon.
  • Smakt5
    Smakt5 Posts: 4
    Options
    Put one together with an apple and a piece of celery in the juicer....taste womderfull
  • MellowTurtle
    MellowTurtle Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I usually slice them up and eat with vinegar or dipped in hummus. I also put some tuna on slices and top them off with grape tomatoes.