…It’s Saturday Morning…You are a Kid again….GO:

Options
Mercenary1914
Mercenary1914 Posts: 1,087 Member
*Wake up around 8AM

*Head to the kitchen..make a bowl of either Boo Berry or Fruity Pebbles cereal with your Finest Highest in Fat content Cow’s Milk

*Grab G.I. Joes and head to the living room

*Make a base for the Cobras and one for Joes

*T.V. on with one of these shows “Batman, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Darkwing Ducck, X-Men, G.I. Joes, Thunder Cats, Smurfs, Monchhchis, Alvin in the Chipmunks, He-Man

*During commercials I have SnakeEyes bust up the cobras and dry humps Jinx

*Around 1PM there is a knock at the door…"Can Mercenary come out to play?"

*I am outside playing either Marbles, football, Water Guns, Man Hunt, Laser Tag, Riding Bikes, Basketball, racing, cracking mommas jokes, and beating up my little brothers and those who messed with my little brothers.

*In before street light comes on….Having either Fried Chicken, Fried Pork Chops, Fried Rice and sausage, with REAL Mac & Cheese (the stuff that comes out of an oven..Not Microwave or on a stove top), Homemade Bread Rolls, and Red Kool-Aid with so much sugar you could kill a diabetic today with one sip.

*Stayed up watching Living Color…”Homie Don’t Play That”…or any Friday 13th , Nightmare on Elm Street Movies…and of course Whooping my brothers' butt in Mario , and my dad’s butt in Duck Hunt

NEXT!

Replies

• 7funnygirl7
    7funnygirl7 Posts: 1,176
    Options
    In my jammies all day and watching cartoons!!!! Oh yeah..... :bigsmile:
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    In Living Color ftw!
  • BostonMatt
    BostonMatt Posts: 258
    Options
    Bob Ross
    Captain kangaroo.
    Barbapapas.
  • Oliviamarie05
    Oliviamarie05 Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    In my jammies watching Bugs Bunny and the animaniacs then outside trying to ditch the kid sister while at the park :D
  • Mercenary1914
    Options
    In my jammies watching Bugs Bunny and the animaniacs then outside trying to ditch the kid sister while at the park :D

oh snap...I remember animaniacs!
  • Mercenary1914
    Options
    I miss Punky Brewster
  • kymillion
    kymillion Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    I used to watch the same exact cartoons ...

played GI joe with my brother
    my best friend who later became my sister and I would go roof climbing and offer to sweep sidewalks on melrose to the shop keepers , we used to use the old fund raisers we had collected from school to "derive" money from our neighbors .. and use the money from them to buy candy , records from up the street and caused regular chaos DAILY.

Every couple weeks our "unsuspecting neighbors" would ask didn't I buy candy from you last week where we'd stand our ground and say .. Hmmm must to be some other kids.. as they forked over more cash.. our parents weren't great at watching us , we often went into neighbors houses and listened to stories for hours .. LOL.

while they pumped us with ice cream and jello and played war.

the FBI was once called because we had " borrowed" all the mail from every unlocked mailbox within a 3 block radius ...

we used to make camp fires on roofs, ...

old men used to chase us and threaten us with their canes..

(not much has changed there)

Mr shavidah from up the road had a running candy and pop tab..

pop rocks and whistle pops baby!

we ran that *kitten*. for real.

used to graffiti .. hahhah I was a terror.. and I am surprised we didn't ever get in more trouble.

hahahh
  • crazy8ts
    crazy8ts Posts: 360
    Options
    Merc, Our childhood's were quite similar... though based on your cartoon selections, I easily have a decade on you...

Cereal: mom's salad bowl full or Frankenberry or Cap't Crunch and about a half gallon of milk (also had to get up a bit earlier... I'm the youngest of five boys.... so late sleepers were stuck with oatmeal)

Cartoon: Battle of the Planets; Hannah Barbera's World of Super Adventures; Underdog

Outside: The calls started at the window about Noon.... "Yo B, can you come out?"

- Skateboard... bikes... football... 'strikeouts'... or anything in the park... could spend the entire day riding the swings, playing tag, ranking on each other (that's timeless)...

Who needed a watch, when the streetlights were the perfect alarm clock?

Saturday night dinner was up for grabs... but Sunday night dinner was always Fried Chicken & (as you said) REAL baked mac and cheese... or spaghetti... meatloaf from time to time... or chicken and dumplin's!

TV: Good Times... What's Happenin'... Dukes of Hazzard.... The Love Boat.... Fantasy Island.... The Six Million Dollar Man (and don't forget Bionic Woman)... awesome...

Do I need to go into my Atari exploits??
  • Mercenary1914
    Options
    I used to watch the same exact cartoons ...

played GI joe with my brother
    my best friend who later became my sister and I would go roof climbing and offer to sweep sidewalks on melrose to the shop keepers , we used to use the old fund raisers we had collected from school to "derive" money from our neighbors .. and use the money from them to buy candy , records from up the street and caused regular chaos DAILY.

Every couple weeks our "unsuspecting neighbors" would ask didn't I buy candy from you last week where we'd stand our ground and say .. Hmmm must to be some other kids.. as they forked over more cash.. our parents weren't great at watching us , we often went into neighbors houses and listened to stories for hours .. LOL.

while they pumped us with ice cream and jello and played war.

the FBI was once called because we had " borrowed" all the mail from every unlocked mailbox within a 3 block radius ...

we used to make camp fires on roofs, ...

old men used to chase us and threaten us with their canes..

(not much has changed there)

Mr shavidah from up the road had a running candy and pop tab..

used to graffiti .. hahhah I was a terror.. and I am surprised we didn't ever get in more trouble.

hahahh

Wow...I want to read your autobiography when you finish it! Dang you had some childhood!
  • Mercenary1914
    Options
    Merc, Our childhood's were quite similar... though based on your cartoon selections, I easily have a decade on you...

Cereal: mom's salad bowl full or Frankenberry or Cap't Crunch and about a half gallon of milk (also had to get up a bit earlier... I'm the youngest of five boys.... so late sleepers were stuck with oatmeal)

Cartoon: Battle of the Planets; Hannah Barbera's World of Super Adventures; Underdog

Outside: The calls started at the window about Noon.... "Yo B, can you come out?"

- Skateboard... bikes... football... 'strikeouts'... or anything in the park... could spend the entire day riding the swings, playing tag, ranking on each other (that's timeless)...

Saturday night dinner was up for grabs... but Sunday night dinner was always Fried Chicken & (as you said) REAL baked mac and cheese... or spaghetti... meatloaf from time to time... or chicken and dumplin's!

TV: Good Times... What's Happenin'... Dukes of Hazzard.... The Love Boat.... Fantasy Island.... The Six Million Dollar Man (and don't forget Bionic Woman)... awesome...

I miss Dukes of Hazzard...The General Lee was my first model...
    Man we could have most def hang back then!

I forgot I also skateboard too
  • crazy8ts
    Options
    <Snip>

hahahh

Scared a you! :wink: <edit for spelling...duh>
  • crazy8ts
    Options

How could I forget watching Enter and Return of the Dragon EVERY. CHANCE. WE. HAD. Thought we were all Bruce F'ing Lee!
  • Mercenary1914
    Options

How could I forget watching Enter and Return of the Dragon EVERY. CHANCE. WE. HAD. Thought we were all Bruce F'ing Lee!

Me and my bros broke every piece of furniture in our house emulating Bruce Lee.
  • candykay0605
    candykay0605 Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    eat a ummy b/f made by my dad.. something along the lines of grits bacon eggs biscuits... or pancakes and sausage/bacon. and if it was a rainy day run outside and play tag in the rain. if not ride my bike or pick honey suckles
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    Depends...some mornings it was cartoons. If we were in Delaware, we'd be out on the bay fishing or crabbing :)
  • chm2616
    chm2616 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    *Wake up around 8AM

*Head to the kitchen..make a bowl of either Boo Berry or Fruity Pebbles cereal with your Finest Highest in Fat content Cow’s Milk

*Grab G.I. Joes and head to the living room

*Make a base for the Cobras and one for Joes

*T.V. on with one of these shows “Batman, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Darkwing Ducck, X-Men, G.I. Joes, Thunder Cats, Smurfs, Monchhchis, Alvin in the Chipmunks, He-Man

*During commercials I have SnakeEyes bust up the cobras and dry humps Jinx

*Around 1PM there is a knock at the door…"Can Mercenary come out to play?"

*I am outside playing either Marbles, football, Water Guns, Man Hunt, Laser Tag, Riding Bikes, Basketball, racing, cracking mommas jokes, and beating up my little brothers and those who messed with my little brothers.

*In before street light comes on….Having either Fried Chicken, Fried Pork Chops, Fried Rice and sausage, with REAL Mac & Cheese (the stuff that comes out of an oven..Not Microwave or on a stove top), Homemade Bread Rolls, and Red Kool-Aid with so much sugar you could kill a diabetic today with one sip.

*Stayed up watching Living Color…”Homie Don’t Play That”…or any Friday 13th , Nightmare on Elm Street Movies…and of course Whooping my brother’s but in Mario , and my dad’s butt in Duck Hunt

NEXT!

Merc: My husband and I are cracking up reading this right now! Thank you for the laugh! My fave Sat Morning cartoon was Looney Tunes--- and then they would have School House Rock at the end LOL conjunction junction what's your function?!?! hahahaha
  • Mercenary1914
    Options
    Depends...some mornings it was cartoons. If we were in Delaware, we'd be out on the bay fishing or crabbing :)

I could had roll with you! My dad took my family fishing and crabbing too...
  • crazy8ts
    Options
    *Wake up around 8AM

<snip>
    NEXT!

Merc: My husband and I are cracking up reading this right now! Thank you for the laugh! My fave Sat Morning cartoon was Looney Tunes--- and then they would have School House Rock at the end LOL conjunction junction what's your function?!?! hahahaha

OMG! SCHOOL HOUSE ROCK!!!! Wouldn't know what a Bill was without SHR!
  • sharonfincher1
    sharonfincher1 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Okay about to really show my age...
    saturday Morning Cartoons.. jackson five
    thenit would be outside all day until my mom called us in for dinner
    can't remember the shows back then but the likes of... beverly hillbillies, room 222, courtship of eddies father, or if a western was on cuddled up in my moms bed with her watching a western.....
  • Mercenary1914
    Options

:laugh: