Options

Replies

• Mercenary1914
    Mercenary1914 Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    Okay about to really show my age...
    saturday Morning Cartoons.. jackson five
    thenit would be outside all day until my mom called us in for dinner
    can't remember the shows back then but the likes of... beverly hillbillies, room 222, courtship of eddies father, or if a western was on cuddled up in my moms bed with her watching a western.....

beverly hillbillies crossed my era...

my dad always had the westerns on or Sanford and Son
  • robbieheslop
    robbieheslop Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    SMTV Live =]
  • kymillion
    kymillion Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    oh cereal was without a doubt peanut butter capt crunch till the roofs of our mouths fell off.

:P still eat it .

hahah

NoMmmmmmMMY

why couldnt we have been neighbors merc..
    wonder what trouble we would have caused..
  • Mercenary1914
    Options
    SMTV Live =]

I am not going to lie...I had to google that!
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    oh cereal was without a doubt peanut butter capt crunch till the roofs of our mouths fell off.

Same here!

Peanut Butter Cap'n Crunch and superhero cartoons until one or both ran out.

I still have days like this.
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    Depends...some mornings it was cartoons. If we were in Delaware, we'd be out on the bay fishing or crabbing :)

I could had roll with you! My dad took my family fishing and crabbing too...

Judging by your choice of cartoons...we would've gotten along famously :bigsmile:
  • Mercenary1914
    Options

hahah

NoMmmmmmMMY

why couldnt we have been neighbors merc..
    wonder what trouble we would have caused..

I know...because I left off the bad stuff we did...

Me and my brothers were arrested...chased many times by the MP's and tore the neighborhood up!
  • SpydrMnky27
    SpydrMnky27 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    *Wake up around 8AM

*Head to the kitchen..make a bowl of either Boo Berry or Fruity Pebbles cereal with your Finest Highest in Fat content Cow’s Milk

*Grab G.I. Joes and head to the living room

*Make a base for the Cobras and one for Joes

*T.V. on with one of these shows “Batman, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Darkwing Ducck, X-Men, G.I. Joes, Thunder Cats, Smurfs, Monchhchis, Alvin in the Chipmunks, He-Man

*During commercials I have SnakeEyes bust up the cobras and dry humps Jinx

*Around 1PM there is a knock at the door…"Can Mercenary come out to play?"

*I am outside playing either Marbles, football, Water Guns, Man Hunt, Laser Tag, Riding Bikes, Basketball, racing, cracking mommas jokes, and beating up my little brothers and those who messed with my little brothers.

*In before street light comes on….Having either Fried Chicken, Fried Pork Chops, Fried Rice and sausage, with REAL Mac & Cheese (the stuff that comes out of an oven..Not Microwave or on a stove top), Homemade Bread Rolls, and Red Kool-Aid with so much sugar you could kill a diabetic today with one sip.

*Stayed up watching Living Color…”Homie Don’t Play That”…or any Friday 13th , Nightmare on Elm Street Movies…and of course Whooping my brother’s but in Mario , and my dad’s butt in Duck Hunt

NEXT!

LMAO hilarious! I can picture this so clearly. I love it!
  • Agito
    Agito Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    When I was a kid I would wake up early to watch cartoons, switching between 3 or 4 channels to watch all the good ones. I'd have to wake up around 6am or so to watch Dragonball! I would still wake up early and watch cartoons on Saturday, but it doesn't exist the way it did when I was a kid (or even the way it was 10 years ago). Kids today just get horribly drawn lazyness on special cartoon channels. :cry:
  • jerber160
    jerber160 Posts: 2,606 Member
    Options
    there was always a cartoon extravaganza. was it the end of the summer or thanksgiving weekend? zandor and his herculoids... space ghost... those whacky racers.... glued to the tv and anticipated it for days
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Bugs Bunny, Tom & Jerry, Underdog, Mighty Mouse and Rocky & Bullwinkle. Fruity Pebbles, Cap'n Crunch with Crunchberries, or Cookie Crisp or BooBerry, and a glass of Nestle Quik. Spent the day playing outside... riding my bike, climbing trees, roller skating, or playing in the woods, riding a paddleboat and fishing in the Poconos at our family cabin.
  • Mercenary1914
    Options
    When I was a kid I would wake up early to watch cartoons, switching between 3 or 4 channels to watch all the good ones. I'd have to wake up around 6am or so to watch Dragonball! I would still wake up early and watch cartoons on Saturday, but it doesn't exist the way it did when I was a kid (or even the way it was 10 years ago). Kids today just get horribly drawn lazyness on special cartoon channels. :cry:

Yea Saturday's sucks big time for kids nowadays...

I use to watch 3 to 4 channels of Cartoons then talk about it at school on Monday...
  • Mercenary1914
    Options
    there was always a cartoon extravaganza. was it the end of the summer or thanksgiving weekend? zandor and his herculoids... space ghost... those whacky racers.... glued to the tv and anticipated it for days

SPACE GHOST! Nice
  • Mercenary1914
    Options
    Bugs Bunny, Tom & Jerry, Underdog, Mighty Mouse and Rocky & Bullwinkle. Fruity Pebbles, Cap'n Crunch with Crunchberries, or Cookie Crisp or BooBerry, and a glass of Nestle Quik. Spent the day playing outside... riding my bike, climbing trees, roller skating, or playing in the woods, riding a paddleboat and fishing in the Poconos at our family cabin.

Climbing Trees...hahha...We always preted we had a base in a tree in our back yard...I built a flimsy tree house...and my brothers weren't cool enough to come up in it!

Nestle Quik was the *kitten*
  • crazy8ts
    crazy8ts Posts: 360
    Options
    Do you remember having an encyclopedic knowledge of the TV guide? I could tell you whenever anything was on... Now I forget when anything is on... too many channels of crap... t'is why I try to stick to the History Channels and jeopardy... (with the occasional guilty-pleasure reality program or Ancient Aliens... you know, just in case they take over the world... the RealiTards, not the aliens.)
  • SofaKingRad
    SofaKingRad Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    Playing Kung Fu on my Nintendo Entertainment System. At least when I was 8.
  • Mercenary1914
    Options
    Do you remember having an encyclopedic knowledge of the TV guide? I could tell you whenever anything was on... Now I forget when anything is on... too many channels of crap... t'is why I try to stick to the History Channels and jeopardy... (with the occasional guilty-pleasure reality program or Ancient Aliens... you know, just in case they take over the world... the RealiTards, not the aliens.)

My T.V....stays on Investigation Discovery a lot these days
  • jfrog123
    jfrog123 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    When I was a kid there was this cartoon called Jem and the Holograms. They sang and they were always going up against these bad girls called the Misfits. When Jem was not spending time being a rock star, she had a normal life and went by the name Jerrica. She had this computer/mirror thingy called Synergy that could change her from one to the other. If I remember right she had to touch her earring to make the transformation happen. Ridiculous cartoon, but my first name is Jerica, so I thought it was awesome! I could never get a personalized bracelet or license plate for my bike as a kid because they never had my name. But it was okay, because Jerrica Benton a.k.a. Jem shared my name, lol.

On Saturday mornings I would sit down with a big ol' bowl of Rice Krispies (with like a half cup of sugar in it) and whatch me some Jem and the Holograms as they took on the Misfits!

Oh memories - I am sitting here right now singing the theme song :-) "Jem. Jem is excitement, oooh Jem. Jem is adventure. Ooh Ooh. Glamour and glitter, fashion and fame......:laugh:
  • Mercenary1914
    Options

oh snap!

That dude with like only three moves

jab, quick kick, and the jump kick

LOL
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    tecmo.jpg

Always as Chicago, with McMahon & Payton.

ETA: I have it on my Wii now, and enjoy it as much as any Wii game.