• silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    fantastic! hope i have that one day :)
  • ggeise14
    ggeise14 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Wonderful!
    Unfortunately my kids started with chips and a candy bowl because of my previous habits. Luckily 2 out of 3 of them were athletic, unlike me. In the last 2-3 years since I've made the change to a healthier life-style the chips/candy has became very scarce in our home. Last year I did my first ever 5K (34.6 min) with my husband and 15 yo daughter. I said I would only sign them up too if they promised to run together and I'd go at my own pace. Can't explain the feeling of them a block away from the finish line cheering me on:smile:
  • tlp148
    tlp148 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    This is an Awesome thread!
    Since I started getting my health back my kids are totally on board. My son (14) is a natural athlete and plays in every sport. He just couldn't understand my prior lack of motivation and depression. Now we enjoy so much more quality time together on hikes, walks, bike rides. My 9 year old daughter is less of an athlete but is enjoying spending time doing something with mom. She started as my exercise counter but now she has even been doing 30 Day Shred with me... well parts of it. She doesn't 'like' lunges or sit ups. LOL!

I would encourage all parents to get the kids involved in some way. It can only benefit them and the family as a whole.
  • esphixiet
    esphixiet Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I adore that picture! I plan on running my first mud run in August.
    Good for you, instilling good habits in her while she's young :)
  • Girl_Bomb
    Girl_Bomb Posts: 195
    Options
    thats awesome, my mom and i have done classes together, the health and fitness thing is definetly one way we bond the best
  • thunt1990
    thunt1990 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    That is awesome. Teaching her the important things early so she can be a healthy adult. You both rock!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!