I HATE vegetables!

Options
124»

Replies

• Sezmo83
    Sezmo83 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Not a fan of veggies either. If they're just there on the plate I make myself eat them first then I can enjoy the rest of my meal. I'm okay if they're mixed in like in cottage pie or something though. I don't particularly like fruit either and have to force myself to eat that too. Unless it's strawberries with sugar and cream or apple pie with custard anyway.

And despite what people have said, several years of forcing myself to eat fruit and veg haven't changed the fact I don't like them. Some are less repulsive than others but that's as far as I've managed to get lol.
  • SarahMorganP
    SarahMorganP Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    I hate veggies. Not dislike, hate. Most make me vomit. I start gagging as soon as they are in my mouth and no matter how hard I try to just get over it I continue to gag and will throw up unless I spit them out. It is terrible. The only ones I can eat are raw carrots, cooked cauliflower, corn on the cob, and potatoes. I have been able to choke down broccoli a few times but I am even starting to gag on those.

I am the same with most fruit as well. Heck I am the same with most foods. I am the most picky eater in the world. It sucks. So be thankful you just dislike them! LOL
  • NGMama
    NGMama Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Check out Jae Steele's Ripe From Around Here or Get It Ripe. My husband is a devout meat eater and loooooves her recipes, even though they're all vegan. This is a guy who really doesn't like veg at all. Enjoy! Thought I'd add, she's a holistic nutritionist so her foods are all whole, clean foods as opposed to vegan junk food. :wink:
  • cerdmann
    cerdmann Posts: 60
    Options
    Thank you all so much for the great ideas! Veggies may never be my favorite thing but at least I'm willing to give some of these things a try. I did have a ton of veggies today (salad, asparagus, broccoli) but with cheese or cream sauce. Not the healthiest way to do it but at least I ate them. Tomorrow I'm definitely trying the roasted veggies with olive oil and spices. I needed to hear that others have my same issue with veggies and have found ways around this problem. I don't want to fail at being a healthier person just because I don't like veggies. I exercise and eat fairly well most of the time. I just avoid veggies. Love fruit, so it's a sweet thing. If I can get some of the carmelize effect from roasting this may be exactly what I need to get me over my aversion to veggies. THANKS everyone!
  • ScottRy76
    ScottRy76 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Never liked vegetables, but i stumbled across juicing and i find i can get my daily vegetable serving in my body with minimum if any tasteless taste. Juice veggies with fruit the fruit sweetness will make it seem like your drinking something sweet, and in all reality your getting those veggies in your system. I found it alot easier to drink veggies then physically endure the chewing sensation. If you do juice remember to drink it right away it starts to lose alot of the minerals as time goes by.
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    i grate veggies into chilis, soups, stews etc.

like today i made taco meat and added red pepper and yellow squash.
  • degan2011
    degan2011 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Agreed, cauliflower and broccoli, chopped up and roasted under the broiler, brings out the natural sugars that caramelize.

But I have to say peppers are my favorite. Red, orange, yellow and purple are sweeter than the green ones. They are fabulous raw and even better grilled on the BBQ. Very little work involved, you just cut them in half clean out the seed and throw them on the grill beside what ever you are cooking for dinner.

But if you really want to fall in love with vegetables, grow them. The ones you buy in a store or even a fresh market have been sitting around for days, been shipped in trucks and what ever. They lose vitamins and taste. Veggies can be grown anywhere. In a pot on an apartment balcony or in a garden in a yard. Cherry tomatoes, radishes, peppers. I have even grow potatoes in a bucket. It is really satisfying in so many ways.

On my facebook I posted a pic http://www.facebook.com/nysia/timeline/2012/5#!/photo.php? (not sure the link will work....) They are rain gutters secured to a fence with veggies growing in them! :) I don't know how to integrate photos into my posts... anyone help me with that?