I'm tired of "pear shape" hate.

Options
1234568»

Replies

• hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    who hates the pear shape? I am a pear and I like it. I think I'm like 33-27.5-41
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Whoever hates a nice juicy plump pear hasn't ever sunken their teeth into one...... :wink:
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    well lets get some no shape love...here...lol....i have grown up playing sports and really have no fruit shape to call myself...i really have no curves and i am thick, but i have like a box shape....so no shape and fruit shapes unite.
  • Ras_py
    Ras_py Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Being a pear shape is hard. I think for myself i have always felt that its super hard for me to wear shorts and feel comfortable bc of my thighs. I feel as tho i have tree trunk thighs, plus im not super tall (five one)... somebody else commented is this where all the thigh gap love comes from, pears. I think that comment would ring true (Even though you made a rude comment afterwards) Its hard to feel as though your thighs are slim and small. Every time you sit down, they get even bigger! And the booty is def contributing to this feeling. On top of that, any other pear shape will tell you how hard it really is to find jeans and shorts to fit your body shape. No matter what, all pants have a huge gap that you can stuff a person into! I think it comes down to a self-conscious issue of your thighs and how they are proportioned to the rest of your body, not hate.
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    35"-28"-40"

You're not really a pear. A true pear would be more like 35, 37, 40.

Where did you get your idea of the shapes? Are you sure you are not talking about ruler or flute shape?
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    Being a pear shape is hard. I think for myself i have always felt that its super hard for me to wear shorts and feel comfortable bc of my thighs. I feel as tho i have tree trunk thighs, plus im not super tall (five one)... somebody else commented is this where all the thigh gap love comes from, pears. I think that comment would ring true (Even though you made a rude comment afterwards) Its hard to feel as though your thighs are slim and small. Every time you sit down, they get even bigger! And the booty is def contributing to this feeling. On top of that, any other pear shape will tell you how hard it really is to find jeans and shorts to fit your body shape. No matter what, all pants have a huge gap that you can stuff a person into! I think it comes down to a self-conscious issue of your thighs and how they are proportioned to the rest of your body, not hate.

I think it's harder to lose weight being a pear comparing to apple or ruler. Apples rulers can literall run off the pounds. But pears have to do lots more work for the result to show.
  • kajune16th
    Options
    The only reason why I would even think to hate "pear shaped" ladies is because I'm not one myself...lol! I'm apple shaped and would be soooo happy to be pear shaped. I must work with what I have though :)
  • supahstar71
    supahstar71 Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    Pear shapes have booty. That's all I need to know.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

Holla! :drinker: