Most Disgusting Thing You've Found In Your Food?

Options

Replies

• NostalgicMuse
    NostalgicMuse Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Yet another reason why I:
    a) RARELY eat out
    and
    b) make my food from scratch whenever possible
    and
    c) just don't look at it.
    ;)
  • babygurl48
    babygurl48 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    I'm sure we've all found hairs in our food...but what else have you found?

I went to Wendy's one time and ordered a salad...I had a real issue because the calorie count was off...I mean it was accurate for the lettuce and dressing but the dead beetle in my salad wasn't allotted for.

EWWWWwww......Ugh!!!
  • babygurl48
    babygurl48 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    I had a fly in my salad at a wedding years ago!! I was very young and I had to run to the bathroom cause I was gagging so much!!! Took me a long time to eat salad again let me tell u!!!
  • tbodega
    tbodega Posts: 186
    Options
    A few years back I went to make some instant oatmeal and the packet just felt weird in my hand...almost like a wet sand consistency on the inside.... needless to say when I opened and poured it in the bowl...some weird bugs fell out of it!!! I want to say that the packet was sitting around for years ( I rarely eat instant oatmeal) so it's amazing that those things survived that long locked in the packet like that!!
  • rextcat
    rextcat Posts: 1,408 Member
    Options
    my mum found 1/2 of a rodent in her peanut butter once. very gross
  • Jewel1201
    Jewel1201 Posts: 68
    Options
    I found a caterpillar in my broccoli once. I had already cooked it and was about to eat it. Took me almost a year before I could eat broccoli again.
  • tabulator32
    tabulator32 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Found a cockroach in the bottom of a glass of coke. Now I call them cokeroaches.
  • lukeout007
    lukeout007 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Found a cockroach in the bottom of a glass of coke. Now I call them cokeroaches.

Funny...that's what I call all my dads friends.
  • JanetLM73
    JanetLM73 Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    A hairy spider in a bunch of grapes I brought from from the grocery store.
  • mattcoop
    mattcoop Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I found a piece of glass in my taco salad from Taco Bueno - chewed on it and stopped just before I swallowed...... This happened on my birthday two years ago
  • tayteetots
    tayteetots Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    When I was a kid my mom gave me a bowl of grapes to eat off the vine and a huuuuuge spider crawled out of it. Ends up it had a nice little nest going on in the grape vines.

I still don't really like eating grapes unless I've thoroughly inspected them.
  • llahairdna
    llahairdna Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    I'm so lucky...I've never had an experience like any of you guys!!

The worst I've ever had was finding one of my mom's hairs in dinner....she just shrugged her shoulders and said, "It's extra protein, just for you. So sue me." the nerve.....:laugh:
  • jmach002
    jmach002 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I swear to GOD I found an aorta in my Chef Boyardee meatball (spaghetti in a can) about 20 years ago...almost BARFED!!! Looking back I should have saved it and sued them. Makes me gag just thinking about it. ACK!!!:sick:

wait....an aorta??? like one of the largest vessels in the body? WTF??
  • JanetLM73
    JanetLM73 Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    I swear to GOD I found an aorta in my Chef Boyardee meatball (spaghetti in a can) about 20 years ago...almost BARFED!!! Looking back I should have saved it and sued them. Makes me gag just thinking about it. ACK!!!:sick:

wait....an aorta??? like one of the largest vessels in the body? WTF??

That is ****ing disgusting :sick:
  • Mina133842
    Mina133842 Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    worked at several food places, managed a bakery, and also was working at a convenience store- made some startling finds:
    at the convenience store- was restocking some candy- one called Golden Nuggets or something- supposed to be a little "burlap" bag of golden candies, like chicles or something- and I could see half of some sort of beetle or roach...ew! had to tell my boss, and toss it in the garbage. - she only let me throw away the ONE bag of it. ew

My brother smells his soda he gets from McDonald's - he says nothing worse than expecting a big swig of coke, and get rootbeer or something- so he takes the lid off in the drive up window and sniffs- and sees ants running around- in the Rootbeer - NOT Coke that he ordered- he was ticked about it being the wrong drink, and for having extra creatures in it.

Managed a bakery, and after watching some of the staff clean the inside of the cases, I made a new dress code rule about shirts. All shirts must have SLEEVES of some sort- watched a dude reaching in the case around some pastries, and actually saw his armpit hair touch stuff.....:sick: tossed it all, and made the new rule. for ALL staff- we had lots of "natural" people there...

Now, if we want to talk about what I've seen come in with coin to be counted at the bank I worked at....you only have to ask. lol
  • centaurfilly
    Options
    While reading through these posts I realized I have a rather lot of these types of incidents and think I must be exceedingly unlucky. The following are my gross food stories:

Was eating a peach and halfway through the peach saw something moving, looked down and a small caterpillar or worm was in it (did not get a good look). Thing was still moving. I pretty much shrieked and threw the peach.

Was getting ready to make corn muffins from a mix and looked down to see moving mealworms in the mix.

Sadly my cup'o noodles mealworm story is much worse. I poured hot water into it and saw that it was leaking out the side a little. Thought that was a little weird but didn't think much of it. Took about 2 bites of the noodles and realized there were floating dead mealworms in it. :noway: .

I was once at a restaurant (this one is not so much gross as scary), our meal was fine but when we got to dessert I was eating spumoni ice cream when suddenly I felt something sharp/hard in my mouth. Spit it out to find a shard of broken plastic. The waitress found out something had broken in the kitchen and we got our meal comped for that.

Seeing someone else's tobacco story reminded me of something that happened at work. I had been drinking from a soda cup on my desk and had forgotten that I'd thrown it away when I finished it. Someone came by to talk to me and left their own cup on my desk. I later absentmindedly went to drink from the cup they left at my desk. It was full of spit and chewing tobacco. UGH!!! I could have killed the guy :mad:

Needless to say, anymore, I tend to inspect most of what goes into my mouth. And to think people think I'm paranoid :)
  • lukeout007
    lukeout007 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Now, if we want to talk about what I've seen come in with coin to be counted at the bank I worked at....you only have to ask. lol

PUBES

and I've had money come in smelling like weed.
  • andreamariexo
    Options
    Once I was at a buffet & I found a HUGE water bug in the tub of bbq
  • kymillion
    kymillion Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    FAT ,calories ,sodium ,. and CARBS AND SUGAR !!! would you believe it,....?

someones trying to sabotage my efforts .. I swear.
  • lindseym1983
    lindseym1983 Posts: 209
    Options
    At Subway's vegetable soup was a orange neon artificial nail with what looked like some flesh still attached.
    Can of corn with a worm in it, still moving.
    Strawberries with maggots crawling around.