Most Disgusting Thing You've Found In Your Food?

Options

Replies

• GermanicKnight
    Options
    Cheese. Cheese is truly disgusting. YUCK! When I order a taco with no cheese......and there is cheese on it......darn it!

I once did find mold on my roast beef sandwich.........they tried to tell me it was just beef dye.....RIGHT!
  • MirrorsBrokeHearts
    Options
    Once, in high school, i found a coin in the lasagne
  • jennifer52484
    jennifer52484 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Lite Life Chik'n breasts. Their are grill marks on these and I looked closer and there was a dead fly on the grill mark. So gross.
  • Glovesave3373
    Glovesave3373 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    At work one day my office mate ordered some waffle fries from a local diner .... it has the back half of a mouse in the fry..... the lower leg and feet and tail... so it looked similar to the waffle in the waffle fry.

We determined the mouse got caught in the fry slicer/stamper machine at the factory and so someone else got the head and guts in their fries....

Needless to say... we got lunch for free for a week... :)
  • painauxraisin
    painauxraisin Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Calories.

Aren't they the worst,!!:laugh:
  • charris5313
    charris5313 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    My SO is an audio visual guy. His company installed the sound system for a popular chain steak house. They get calls every few months to come back and fix wires that have been chewed by mice or rats. The cupboard where the wires are is located directly above the soft drink machine. Every time they open the cupboard mice droppings fall out. Needless to say we don't eat there. Ever.
  • samasche1
    samasche1 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    bumping- for next time I am hungry.
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    I was at Whataburger and a cricket fell from the ceiling onto my sister's plate. That grossed me out. I couldn't eat there anymore.
  • sunrise611
    sunrise611 Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    Makes me wonder how many yucky things we've eaten unknowingly. What we don't know won't kill us ... usually.
  • Michelle_Nicole
    Michelle_Nicole Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I once had a box of slim fast meal bars and in each bar there was a huge chunck of styrafoam. This past winter I got a tuna hoagie from a local deli and when I bit down I had something sharp go into my gum, it was a rivet that broke of their mixer and fell into the tuna. Yum! Havent eaten tuna since then
  • galededras
    galededras Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I found what I thought was earthworm in a piece of chicken...which is why I refuse to eat meat still attached to the bone, especially chicken. Unfortunately, now I can only tolerate super processed boneless skinless chicken breasts.

According to everything I've read on Google...it wasn't an earthworm after all. It was an ESOPHAGUS. I'd rather have the worm, thank you.
  • MichelleB1427
    Options
    Makes me wonder how many yucky things we've eaten unknowingly. What we don't know won't kill us ... usually.

My thoughts exactly!! I'm sitting here thinking... man, a LOT of people have found horrible things in their food... have I just eaten all of this horrible things without knowing?? lol. Now I will be paranoid...
  • Killing_Perfection
    Killing_Perfection Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Usually one slip-up doesn't bother me, be it a hair, a fly, or fishbones - working in a supermarket and the dissection course at school did wonders for me. There was a time I even thought raw meat was disgusting, but dissecting the heart of a cow and the eye of a pig does wonders..... It's just when the number of.... incidents grows that I get creeped out and too annoyed with stuff.

Like when I found flour moth larvae in my rice. It was a new package, too. No big deal, shrugged it off, dumped the package and opened another one. Sealed, another brand, and not exactly cheap, either.

More lavae. What the hell....

That sufficiently cured me from my old rice addiction and I took a break from that stuff for a few weeks. I understand that this happens, and it's not that bad, but seriously, that was too many bugs for one day. Also, you can barely see those damned things, so sorting out is not exactly an option.

The bigger blasphemy, though, were definitely fruit flies in my wine. My wonderful, wonderful wine :sad: Never had something like a (toe-)nail, though. That's definitely disgusting stuff. brrrrr..... :sick:

(Usually the more disgusting things, imo, is what your food can turn into sometimes.... When a potato grows a beard bigger than Gandalf, something obviously went terribly wrong somewhere..........)
  • chinita96
    chinita96 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I found a fly in my sandwich at Subway. I guess that wouldn't have been too bad except I had black olives on it & I almost mistook the fly for an olive. I'm still not completely sure I didn't eat some of the fly. :sick: I lost my appetite after that. I also didn't go back to that Subway for a few months.

This happened to me too! I also found a rubberband in my chicken nugget at McDs. And lots of worms/bugs in my box of Rice-A-Roni. Couldn't buy their rice for a few years.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Whats worse than finding a caterpillar in your sandwich?

Finding half a caterpillar....
  • pengem789
    Options
    I took a co-worker to a Vietnamese restaurant I frequented and love! She got a plate of rice with a steel coil in it. (Part of those industrial pot scrubber things)! YIKES! She will NEVER go back!
  • Ambeltz2016
    Ambeltz2016 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    An eyelash with mascara on it in my salad from steak n' shake.
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Once, in high school, i found a coin in the lasagne

WIN!
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    when i was a kid we were having dinner and there was a TOOTH in a box of Kraft mac & cheese.

mom didn't freak. her reasoning? it had been in boiling water for 20 mins. :laugh:
  • Briszler75
    Briszler75 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I found pubes and glass in my curry at a pub I went to.... absolutely disgusting and I never went there again.