Most Disgusting Thing You've Found In Your Food?

Options

Replies

• bloomlately
    bloomlately Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    I found a screw in a burrito at a taqueria once. I'm not sure if the chef was unhinged or if their equipment was falling apart. Fortunately I was eating it with a fork and knive and not just biting into it.
  • deadbeatsummer
    deadbeatsummer Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I worked in a station cafe for a few months over the summer holidays in between university terms.

We had a bread delivery every morning at 4am which we brought in when we got there at 5am to open up.

One morning I opened the delivery to find some of the bread had been puller out and in its place... a HUMAN POO.

Yes, a piece of fecal matter. A bit of *kitten* in the loaf of bread which I touched.

Clearly someone at the bread factory's way of a goodbye prank but nevertheless it was VOMTASTIC.
  • KarmaxKitty
    KarmaxKitty Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    I thought this was all going to be something like "extra sauce covering everything"... But this whole list... CANNOT UNREAD... :sick:
  • jennsie
    jennsie Posts: 38
    Options
    not in my food, but a friend's....

- a slug in lettuce (not from the restaurant chain by a similar name) - from 'Tootsies' in portsmouth UK
    - late at work working overtime with others....I'd mostly finished my Thai food (place in/near Chiswick, London). My colleague, however, discovered maggots in his meal. We complained, but they wouldn't do anything about it....no money back or anything. I was a contractor, but I wish the company would have reported the Thai place to the health inspector. Apparently they said over the phone that they get maggots quite often. I don't think they ordered from there again.

in home-made cookies I bought. I knew the lady, and she was older and probably couldn't see, but she'd mixed up some plastic bag in the cookies.
  • avasano
    avasano Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    While at a Mexican joint I found a roach in my salsa. I asked for another, it had two roaches. Then I felt awful, because my best friend was the manager. I never ate there again. She works at another Mexican joint now that is super clean. I never told but she said she quit cause the place was infested with roaches and the owners wouldn't' fix it.
  • caligirl7399
    Options
    I found a screw in my bean burrito at Taco Bell. I bit right into it and cracked my tooth....
  • apedeb09
    apedeb09 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    I found a screw in my bean burrito at Taco Bell. I bit right into it and cracked my tooth....

My husband found a hard piece of plastic in his burrito from taco bell too and almost chipped his tooth.
  • lkcuts
    lkcuts Posts: 224
    Options
    years ago I was spreading peanut butter on my bread (peanut butter was store bought and a name brand) It had little lumps in it.. I looked closer and it was maggots. I looked in the jar and sure enough there were more. Someone said that they had to be in there at the factory possibly an egg larva that hatched EWWWWW. anyway I kept my peanut butter in the fridge for a long time after that just in case it wasn't from the manufacturer:sick: :noway: . Turned my stomach...
  • lkcuts
    Options
    When I was younger, I found a chicken claw in my chicken sandwich at mcdonalds. The manager tried to say it was just a bone, but it was CLEARLY a chicken claw.

Holy crap THAT is disgusting.
    You haven't seen or heard documentaries on the Mcdonalds chicken items? they show where the Mcnuggets are ground up chicken parts..yep chicken parts that includes beaks, claws etc then grind down . To then get rid of all the bacteria, they soak it in I believe it was some type of bleach product, then rinsed well to get rid of the chemical product then they add flavor and color and it showed them putting it into a grinder/processor. It was coming out in bulk like you would squeeze tooth paste, but it was pink. Looked very alien to me. At any rate I always tease my coworkers when they want to get Chicken nuggets by saying "Oh, you gonna order some chicken beaks and claws?" lol
  • lkcuts
    Options
    When I was younger, I found a chicken claw in my chicken sandwich at mcdonalds. The manager tried to say it was just a bone, but it was CLEARLY a chicken claw.

There is a documentary on how they prepare certain chicken items They start by grinding the chicken parts. yep, parts including beaks and claws. Its full of bacteria so they then use a chemical bleach to rinse it, then rinse out the chemical, by then, its totally tastless so they add flavor nad color. the end result ,when they are putting it through the processor it comes out looking like something you would squeeze out of a toothpaste tube, its pink. Looks alien in color. When my co workers tal about getting chicken nuggets I always tease them by saying "Oh, you gonna get some chicken beaks and claws?" lol. I would say part of the claw didn't get ground well. EWWWW
  • Berto0391
    Berto0391 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Mushrooms.

:sick:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
  • KuroNyankoSensei
    KuroNyankoSensei Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    When I was little, I ate these Asian caramel cashews between these tapioca wafers. I bit into one, and inside one of the cashews, there was an insect that got fossilized by the clear caramel XD. Looked like a mosquito or something.
  • sgv0918
    sgv0918 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    Calories.

Yup:laugh:
  • paleirishmother
    Options
    half of a cricket (or similar bug) in my mixed greens bagged lettuce.
  • clarechieri
    clarechieri Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    When I first started my weightloss I found half a beetle in my super food salad from EAT still don't know if I ate the other half and when I complained they gave me a free muffin so I instantly thought they where trying to sabotage me lol.
  • tajmel
    tajmel Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I only read through the first two pages before stopping... because I want to be able to eat again.

When I was about six we bought a box of granola and when my dad opened it and poured me a bowl half a dozen live beetles dropped out. I couldn't eat cereal for several years, and to this day stare very closely at every bite.

Last year I found a 2" glob of what looked like mucus in my ramen. Haven't eaten ramen since.

Oh, and btw, this is why you should -always- be kind to wait staff and tip adequately at any place you plan to return. Most waitresses I've worked with were nice normal people, but there were a few vindictive f*ckers too.
  • quietattheback
    quietattheback Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    last week i found an ebryo in my egg... dont think i'll ever eat egg again :sick: a few years back i was eating a stuffed mushroom bought from the finest range in tesco... and realised i was crunching... i looked closer and had eaten the head of what appeared to be a cockroach!! after it being tested etc.. tesco wrote to me to inform it was a stag beetle.. didnt make me feel any less sick but the cheque helped :happy:
    oh and just remembered the earwig in my cup of tea.... got right to the end and swigged it back and spat it out icky!
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options

You haven't seen or heard documentaries on the Mcdonalds chicken items? they show where the Mcnuggets are ground up chicken parts..yep chicken parts that includes beaks, claws etc then grind down . To then get rid of all the bacteria, they soak it in I believe it was some type of bleach product, then rinsed well to get rid of the chemical product then they add flavor and color and it showed them putting it into a grinder/processor. It was coming out in bulk like you would squeeze tooth paste, but it was pink. Looked very alien to me. At any rate I always tease my coworkers when they want to get Chicken nuggets by saying "Oh, you gonna order some chicken beaks and claws?" lol

Yeah it's called "pink slime".
    There's been a furor lately because they add it to a lot of meat products and people were freaking out once they found out. You can google "companies that don't use pink slime in their meat." :smile:

edited for spelling. lol
  • Courtney1921
    Options
    I went out to dinner on my birthday and ordered a baked potato, and when I started eating it, I found a huge chunk of a plastic knife in it.. not sure it was so much gross as it was scary but still.. haha
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    bumpity.