Most Disgusting Thing You've Found In Your Food?

Options

Replies

• vtachycardia
    Options
    hydrogenated vegetable oil

high fructose corn syrup

"low fat" product claims

Thermogenic pills that contain - caffeine, chilli powder, ginger, and anything that a recent study suggested eating could burn fat. Charge $50 dollars for, when the basic ingredients cost less than a $1 and the most expensive part is the packaging.
  • autumnk921
    autumnk921 Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    A few years ago I ate a McChicken at McDonald's (of course) and in the middle bite I choked on something and what came up was something...It looked like a bone or a chicken claw...Me or my fiance at the time could not figure out exactly what it was...We went to the McD's to show them and of course they just threw it out and tried to replace it which there was no way I would ever eat one of those again....And still haven't to this day!! YUCK!! I should've contacted the headquarters about it b/c it was something that definitely didn't just land in there like a bug...It had to have come from processing somehow!! To this day I regret not taking more action about it...Not for money but b/c that is so disgusting!!! :angry:
  • SweetPickle007
    Options
    Fly in my coffee from Mcdonalds..I was on my last sip..yuck!!
  • cburky911
    cburky911 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I once cracked open an egg over the hot skillet that I was going to use to cook the egg....instead of egg falling out of the shell a partially formed chicken embryo fell out on to the hot skillet. I don't crack my eggs over the skillet anymore.
  • Shell_7609
    Shell_7609 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I've found a piece of plastic embedded in my frozen lasagna dinner, my grandma found a staple in a sauerkraut ball, and once when we were out to eat, the pickle spear with my dad's sandwich had a bite out of it
  • EmmaM2211
    EmmaM2211 Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    I have just wasted over an hour reading this ENTIRE thread! Wow some amazing stuff going on here!!

When I worked in the kitchen of a small pub/restaurant a guy came in and within 10minutes of ordering food he made every one of our waiting staff cry (only 2 girls but still!) our head chef "dropped" his steak on the floor then covered it in chilli paste before cooking it...the guys said it was the best steak he ever tasted :laugh: it certainly cheered the girls up - and he left a big tip :laugh:

I dont think I've had anything bad happen to me but my little sister when she was about 8 used to come down on a morning and sneak to the kitchen to drink the dregs of the beer that my parents had left on the top to be washed up from the night before. My mum used to use one of the empy bottles with a little beer in the bottom as an ashtray - my sister got a mouthful of ashy beer - that stopped her doing that anymore!!! Serves her right for being naughty is what my mum said!!
  • AmyEE77
    AmyEE77 Posts: 3
    Options
    My mother told me when she was 19 she took a summer job in a bakery. The head baker use to flick his cigarette ashes into the batter of cakes of rude customers and hock n' spit into everything and laugh thinking it was funny that people came back daily to buy his products. Was totally turned off from buying from a bakery for the longest time.

After reading many of these posts I have to expand that "avoid eat at....." list I suppose. ;)
  • iroze
    iroze Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Walked into a store near my home and decided, among other things, to buy some chicken pate. The man behind the counter filled the half-pound plastic jar for me, handed it over and then proceeded to lick the spoon before putting it back into the large pate container.
    I rarely get confrontational or snap at people. Just handed the little jar back to him and walked out of the store. Utterly grossed out.
  • leenie96
    leenie96 Posts: 65
    Options
    WOW...bump for later
  • Valera0466
    Valera0466 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Live Maggots in my Mr Goodbar. They sent us a case in apology and we had to throw them away. I couldn't eat a Mr Goodbar for 20 years.
  • elenathegreat
    elenathegreat Posts: 3,988 Member
    Options
    Cellulite...went straight to my thighs.
  • kristen807
    kristen807 Posts: 361
    Options
    A bone in tuna salad....that was obviously not fish bones...
  • kristen807
    kristen807 Posts: 361
    Options
    let me begin by saying that i've never been a fan of fish - tuna fish is all i will eat in the "fish" department. so when i found a BONE in my can of tuna, it almost ruined me completely :grumble:

omg me too, just saw your post....
  • Thaliafitchick
    Options
    haha! that was funny
  • sharonfincher1
    sharonfincher1 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Dead cockroach in my salad......
  • 2muchsauce
    2muchsauce Posts: 1,078
    Options
    Luckily nothing worse than a hair...........I don't mind a little hair in my teeth once in while but not when it comes in my chicken wrap!
  • NeatMan
    NeatMan Posts: 62
    Options
    Alive bug in my fish soup
  • Buksh12
    Buksh12 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    This one time i remember it like it's in my mouth now.. yuck... i got a sandwich from our work canteen.. started eating it..took a big bite all excited i nearly heaved..opened it up...and someone had put SALAD on my sandwich... not been back since :S
  • shocktastic
    shocktastic Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    My friend found a piece of chewed gum in her chinese..UHG so Gross!
  • christina721
    Options
    You know the plastic things that are used to close bun bags, not a twist tie but the square plastic thing...I bit into my burger at Johnny Rockets and I thought it was a tough piece of lettuce. All they gave me was another burger and a shake a didnt want.