Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

I can't date you anymore because...

kzivic
kzivic Posts: 326 Member
A friend and I were swapping dating horror stories this morning and we've both gotten some of the most ridiculous excuses for why someone may not want to go on a second or third or whatever date. For her, someone told her he couldn't date her anymore because his dog didn't like her, and for me, I was told that someone couldn't go on a second date with me because he suddenly decided he wanted to become a priest. Maybe these lines were true, we don't know, since we've never heard from these guys again?? But, I tend to think they were lame-@ss excuses...

What's the most absurd line you've gotten (or maybe given to someone)?

And, would you rather the person just be honest with you and say there's no connection or chemisty, or would you rather hear their ridiculous excuse?

Replies

• sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    I knew a guy who had a weird hang-up about thumbs. He thought some girls had weird-shaped thumbs, or a crease on their thumbnails or something and that was unacceptable to him, so he would not date someone with "bad thumbs".

Because he went to great lengths to explain this to me and then told me that I DID have acceptable thumbs, his whole dissertation pretty much caused me to tell him I couldn't date him bc of his weird ****ing hangup. ha!
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    I can't date you anymore because you called the cops on me and now there's a restraining order.

(Had to get that in there before some other wit managed it first! :laugh: )
  • Oliviamarie05
    Oliviamarie05 Posts: 528 Member
    We can't be together anymore because you are a sinful temptress sent to me by the devil himself. :noway:
  • _the_feniks_
    _the_feniks_ Posts: 3,412 Member
    "... there is no animal magnitism." I guess I should have put out.
  • StaceyL76
    StaceyL76 Posts: 711 Member
    "We have to stop dating, my ex said she would kick your @ss and I can't be the cause of that. She is crazy and will hurt you."
  • MaraDiaz
    "We have to stop dating, my ex said she would kick your @ss and I can't be the cause of that. She is crazy and will hurt you."

My god, really? You're well out of that one!
  • SofaKingRad
    SofaKingRad Posts: 1,592 Member
    Her: I can't date you anymore.
    Me: Why?
    Her: Well, I told you I was divorced, but um I wasn't really.
  • StaceyL76
    StaceyL76 Posts: 711 Member

Honestly, yes. She also is the mother of his first born. She was crazy violent back then (16 years ago) and from what I hear has tamed down a bit but is still One hard tough lady. So Glad to get away from all that. I did find out he is pretty violent too... So it was a true blessing.
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    I can't date you anymore because you're ugly.

I was seriously told this by a guy. We went on the date and told me this as we were leaving dinner. He said the pic I had was photoshopped and couldn't believe it.
  • MaraDiaz

Honestly, yes. She also is the mother of his first born. She was crazy violent back then (16 years ago) and from what I hear has tamed down a bit but is still One hard tough lady. So Glad to get away from all that. I did find out he is pretty violent too... So it was a true blessing.

And suddenly I'm glad I'm single!
  • LAWoman79
    LAWoman79 Posts: 348 Member

That just happened to me recently. Except he didn't bother to tell me, a co-worker informed me.
    *sigh*
  • MaraDiaz

That just happened to me recently. Except he didn't bother to tell me, a co-worker informed me.
    *sigh*

*sigh from me too* I think my ex was still in this situation. And I don't care if his wife was ten countries away, married is married, damn it!
  • nwhitley
    nwhitley Posts: 619
    I can't date you anymore because you are a Cowboys fan. Seriously, he used to get mad because that's my favorite team. So, I was happy when he called it off, because clearly there was something wrong with him. I mean who doesn't love the Cowboys??:laugh:
  • BigBrewski
    BigBrewski Posts: 922 Member

Dang IT my ex was doing you TOO!!!!
  • Saiklor
    Saiklor Posts: 183
    I can't date you anymore because you're too much of a feminist (after I insisting on going dutch for the first date). Shhheeeesh, what is this? The 1800s????
  • I can't date you anymore because you're ugly.

I was seriously told this by a guy. We went on the date and told me this as we were leaving dinner. He said the pic I had was photoshopped and couldn't believe it.

What a d**che.
  • Alexstrasza
    Alexstrasza Posts: 619 Member
    "We can't be together anymore because I'm moving to hawaii to live with my Grandpa."

Then when I heard from him a couple weeks later 'Oh I didn't go because my Grandpa's house got caught in a tornado."

I just laughed in his face.
  • MaraDiaz
    Wait, wait! I remember a good one!

I cannot date you anymore because you're just too good for me.

Really, dude? STFU!
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    I can't date you anymore because you are a Cowboys fan. Seriously, he used to get mad because that's my favorite team. So, I was happy when he called it off, because clearly there was something wrong with him. I mean who doesn't love the Cowboys??:laugh:

this guy has 100% sound rational and reasoning to refuse to date a cowboys fan. I totally get where he is coming from, and it's a very valid reason and not to be confused with an 'excuse'...
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    I can't date you anymore because you're ugly.

What a d**che.

Get this.....he went on to say he only dates 8's and above...I was a 4 so he made an exception.