Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

I can't date you anymore because...

Replies

• CarolinaGirlinVA
    CarolinaGirlinVA Posts: 1,508 Member
    I don't get excuses...they just never call back. :indifferent:
  • gayje
    gayje Posts: 230 Member
    Me: I can't date you anymore because you expect me to sleep with you
    Him: It's not an unreasonable expectation
    Me: It is on a first date!

A true jack@ss!
  • CarolinaGirlinVA
    dang it...double posted and can't delete it!
  • CarolinaGirlinVA
    I can't date you anymore because you're ugly.

I was seriously told this by a guy. We went on the date and told me this as we were leaving dinner. He said the pic I had was photoshopped and couldn't believe it.

What a d**che.

Get this.....he went on to say he only dates 8's and above...I was a 4 so he made an exception.

I just looked at your pics and I think you are cute! Not sure it means much coming from a girl...but I wanted to throw that out there!
  • nwhitley
    nwhitley Posts: 619
    I can't date you anymore because you are a Cowboys fan. Seriously, he used to get mad because that's my favorite team. So, I was happy when he called it off, because clearly there was something wrong with him. I mean who doesn't love the Cowboys??:laugh:

this guy has 100% sound rational and reasoning to refuse to date a cowboys fan. I totally get where he is coming from, and it's a very valid reason and not to be confused with an 'excuse'...

Seriously!?! Seriously!?! The Cowboys are America's team. This is their year! I can feel it. This really upset me and I might have to send you a nasty PM. :sad: WOW!!
  • springseternal
    springseternal Posts: 245 Member
    I had one guy break up with me because he saw two cats fighting. He picked the orange one for me, and the black one for a girl he had a crush on. The orange one ran away first, and that was a sign to him that I would just leave him anyway. So he couldn't date me anymore. Fate had chosen the other girl.
  • smuckyrun
    smuckyrun Posts: 30 Member
    The one threally stuck to me and hurt was: I can't date you because you're too fat. Maybe if you lost weight I might be interested, then he asked if I would have a one night stand. WTF?
  • ASaxe23
    ASaxe23 Posts: 158 Member
    I had one guy break up with me because he saw two cats fighting. He picked the orange one for me, and the black one for a girl he had a crush on. The orange one ran away first, and that was a sign to him that I would just leave him anyway. So he couldn't date me anymore. Fate had chosen the other girl.

What?!!! I think you're better off not dating him!!
  • nwhitley
    nwhitley Posts: 619

Now this is funny!!
  • Moviedust
    Moviedust Posts: 110
    The one threally stuck to me and hurt was: I can't date you because you're too fat. Maybe if you lost weight I might be interested, then he asked if I would have a one night stand. WTF?

Shoulda said maybe when you find a brain and a heart, we'll see!
  • "You're too attractive" Seriously. I wish he would have just told me that I was crazy instead. Because that's true. :laugh:
  • jhayes28
    jhayes28 Posts: 28 Member
    The craziest excuse I ever received really blew my mind... "I don't want to be with you anymore cuz you want sex too much".

After that, I swore he was just not really into chicks...
  • Truth be told, I have never gone on a date (37 yrs old). I met my ex husband where I lived, we never went on a date, it just happend.
    I have no clue what so ever what people do on a date. And I probably never will go on a date. Men don´t seem to find me attractive or I just might give out some singnals that I must be not worth getting to know or something because I have been single for 9 yrs. Well truth be told, I´m kind of glad that I´m still single, especially when I hear all those horror stories.
    Bottom line is I have never gotten any line ridiculous or not.
    Just be glad, they were obviously not worth more those guys.
  • janelle1993
    janelle1993 Posts: 128
    Is this a serious one? If it is wow, I am in shock!
  • KatKatatrophic
    KatKatatrophic Posts: 448 Member
    "I can't date you because your best friend is f*cking weird."
    "I can't date you because your too skinny."
    "I can't date you because you are a cheerleader and I don't want to be known as 'one of those guys'."
    "I can't date you because you cuss too much."
    and the last one...
    "I can't date you because you play drums, and I don't think girls should play drums...especially in a band."

Hehe, what losers. About 3 of those tried to get me back. Nopeee.
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Her: I can't date you anymore.
    Me: Why?
    Her: Well, I told you I was divorced, but um I wasn't really.

That just happened to me recently. Except he didn't bother to tell me, a co-worker informed me.
    *sigh*

Ya. I seriously married someone who didn't bother to mention that he was already married. None of his entire family WHO CAME TO THE WEDDING mentioned that he was already married either. WTF.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,966 Member
    Lol I don't have any good ones. Usually they just stop talking to me.
  • happypath101
    happypath101 Posts: 534
    I dated a guy for six months. It was going amazingly well. One day, he sat me down and told me he was in the mafia. Things were heating up and he had to break up with me because he feared for my son and I.

I thought maybe he was giving me a lame excuse. But, I googled his family name and someone with that same name had just been found in a shallow grave in a property nearby. I believed him.

Terrifying! And, my GOD, my head is still spinning. Seriously, you think you know someone......
  • Mhaney
    Mhaney Posts: 467 Member
    I did all of the actual dumping in my dating life. Any guy that "dumped" me didn't have the brass to say anything to my face, they just stopped returning messages.
  • vade43113
    vade43113 Posts: 836 Member
    How about this one, we wasn't even dating... but I guess she saw it as.. :/ At most, I helped her get out of a bad relationship, and to help her along. we would go as friends to watch a movie or something. I pay for me, she pay for her....

"We can't date anymore, because our children would be ugly. But, we can still be friends" :huh: Did I miss the class that said, a guy and girl can't just be friends?