Steel Cut Oats. I failed Miserably

Options
124»

Replies

• TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    oats, water and spoon. I'm not joking. Suck it up and eat it that way, it's good for you. :D i repeat, i'm not joking

I believe you because thats how I eat them. I hate them cooked and all soft.
    My favorite way to eat them is to add 1/4 cup raw to vanilla greek yogurt. yummm!!!!

Are we talking steel cut (cooks in 20 minutes) .... or rolled oats (cooks in 5 minutes) ?..... Man I've not tried eating uncooked steel cut oats .... but I would imagine it would be like eating a cup of sesame seeds...... all stuck in your teeth (and everything).

Rolled oats & yogurt ....mmmm.
  • algebravoodoo
    algebravoodoo Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    Thanks Everyone.

Learning to negotiate cooking without a stove has been an interesting journey. I usually manage.

Putting the berries in to early was my biggest downfall. I never thought I could cook them without a lid!

more experiementing

I found out the hard way too that certain acidic foods cannot be added before other ingredients have cooked all the way. The acid actually prevents the other stuff from cooking! (Really really bad baked bean from scratch experience)
  • jreckart2003
    Options
    bump
  • xinit0
    xinit0 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    More to the idea of cooking with the rice cooker... perhaps Roger had a recipe for this...

http://www.amazon.ca/books/dp/0740791427