Memorial Day Weight Loss CHALLENGE!!!!!

Options

Replies

• cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    I am doing the JULY challenge as well, but it never hurts to have more goals to shoot for along the way. I originally wanted to reach my final goal by my 30th birthday (June 1), but I think it is going to take me a little bit longer than that. So!

Current weight: 193.2 (Tues)
    Goal weight: 175
    Goal weight loss a week: 1.5 lbs
    Pounds lost this week: 0 - since this is the first week! But 1.5 since last week.
    pounds lost total: 0 - again, since this is the first week. But 17 lbs overall.

My new personal goal is to try and get to 10,000 steps 5 days of the week. I just got a pedometer and was amazed to see that my typical number of steps (not counting the gym) is less than 3000. :frown: So I want to start taking more walks at work and slowly work up my count. I may even (gulp) try to park farther from the door - a really hard thing to do in the arctic wind chills we've been having lately! BRRRRR!
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    My Thursday Weigh-In:

Current weight: 207
    Goal weight: 179 (as of Memorial Day anyway)
    Goal weight loss per week: Hopefully 2 lbs a week
    Pounds lost this week: 2
    Pounds lost total: 2 for this challenge (63 total since September 4)

Not bad!!
  • momandwife
    momandwife Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Thursday update.....

I did my ab work tonight ..... my abs were screaming at me to stop ...... but I didn't!!

Next week I'm thinking about making my personal challenge all about my REAR!!!

Keep on trucking along everyone!!! Just making the effort and having a goal and time frame set is making it all seem possible!!

GO! GO! GO! YOU ..... no ....... WE CAN DO IT!!!!!!!! :tongue: :wink: :smile:
  • alymarest
    Options
    Thursday update.....

I did my ab work tonight ..... my abs were screaming at me to stop ...... but I didn't!!

Next week I'm thinking about making my personal challenge all about my REAR!!!

Keep on trucking along everyone!!! Just making the effort and having a goal and time frame set is making it all seem possible!!

GO! GO! GO! YOU ..... no ....... WE CAN DO IT!!!!!!!! :tongue: :wink: :smile:

HI you are doing great in your personal goal!!!
    if you want there is also a blah to babe fitness challenge in the motivation an support section where we do an activity for a week and then chnge it kinda like you are doing.
  • bkrbabe57
    bkrbabe57 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    My first weigh in

Current Weight 219
    Goal Weight 199
    Goal Weight per week 1.5
    Pounds lost this week 1
    Pounds lost total 1

Hope everyone else is having a good week
  • ToTheLove
    Options
    Current weight: 192.8
    Goal weight: 130 (Total) 160 by Memorial Day
    Goal weight loss a week: 2.25 lbs/week
    Pounds lost this week: 0
    pounds lost total: 0

Story: My boyfriends family are HUGE summer people. They have several cabins up north on lakes and the summers are filled with swimming and boating and bathing suites. His whole family is a bunch of skinny little people so this year, I'm going to fit in! Hooray for looking decent in a bathing suit!!!
  • proudmama0118
    proudmama0118 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Well, I didn't make it to the gym to weigh in yesterday morning. The base was closed due to an ice storm. Wednesday afternoon I was 202 which is the same as last week, so I am hoping that is actually a 1 lb lose figuring that I weigh less in the morning. But I guess I will know for sure next Tuesday as that is the next time I will be at the gym in the morning. I don't have a scale at home... that keeps me from obsesing too much. Plus as far as the AF is concerned only their scales count as "official" I did however lose 1.25" off my waist!!!

Current Weight 202 (PM weigh in)
    Goal Weight 175
    Goal Weight per week 2
    Pounds lost this week 0... missed AM weigh in this week
    Pounds lost total 23.5
  • tishawillliams2
    Options
    Sounds great!!

I began Jan.8 weighing 152.

I lost to 146.

I haven't weighed lately.:grumble:
    I would like to lose down to 126-130 pounds.

Let's get to moving, everyone!!:happy:
  • Cowboy
    Cowboy Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    My first weigh-in
    Goal Weight: 188
    Start Weight: 202
    Weight Today: 201
    Total goal by Memorial day: 14 Lbs
    Pounds lost so far: 1
  • shellyws
    shellyws Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hi All!

I would love to join in the challenge if that's ok. I am new here... ok a lurker for 3 weeks on the boards:wink: but learning a lot. My next goal was to get some motivation to keep going (as if that scale going down isn't enough??) My ultimate goal is to reach a healthy weight for me (135-145 lbs) I started at 200 and now weigh 191. :happy:

Current weight: 191
    Goal weight: 163
    Goal weight loss a week: 2 lbs
    Pounds lost this week: 0
    pounds lost total: 0
  • wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    I'd love to join in as well!

Current Weight: 194lbs
    Goal Weight: 160lbs
    Goal Weight by Memorial Day: 173
    Goal Weight Loss Per Week: 1.5lbs
    Pounds Lost This Week: 0
    Pounds Lost Total: 0

Personal Challenge:
    Walk 30 minutes every day
    Do yoga at least once a week
  • paulam
    paulam Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    count me in!
  • momandwife
    Options
    Week of Feb. 24th .....

My personal goal of the week ..... BUNS!!

I vow to do 30 squats and 30 lunges each leg DAILY!!!!!
    Last week I did crunches ..... I am still going to do my crunches and add the buns stuff to it!!

Here we go ..... my weigh in is Tuesday .... I'm not feeling too good about it right now. This weekend was not as good as what I'd hoped it would be. :grumble:

MOTIVATION!!! Here we go!!! WE CAN DO THIS!!!!!! :smile: :wink: :happy: :tongue:
  • conny1967
    Options
    First week weigh in, 198 lbs, previous 200 lbs, did get the unexpected two lb weight loss. Happy about the 2 lbs after a Friday night out. I guess Saturday and Sunday of healthy eating offset the Friday night out. Good luck to all in the challenge and hope all reach their goal.
  • alymarest
    Options
    My weigh in
    Current weight:154.5
    goal weight: 135
    goal weight loss per week: 1.5 lbs
    pounds lost this week: +1 I gained :huh:

So i didn't make it to the gym at all this week!! But i still want to try to amke it three times this week
    :wink:

Good job everyone!:flowerforyou:
  • rjrdvm
    Options
    Would like to join too...

My Weigh in
    Current Weight 185
    goal weight 165
    goal weight loss per week 1.4 lbs.
    pounds lost this week 1 (just starting)

Story: Memorial day starts horse show season for us, tight jeans and tight shirts for western showmanship and western pleasure classes. None of what I have fits and let's just say the outfits are $$$:grumble: Would like to use some of my nice outfits from last year (pre 4th baby).

New Idea for post: Need the most help with: For me... maintaining exercise habits. Anyone have any help for how to get the motivation to get up an hour earlier each morning to exercise after being up several times a night with a newborn???

I'm so encouraged by everyone else out there making great goals...:happy: Best wishes...looking forward to the updates.
  • momandwife
    Options
    My Tuesday weigh in ......

Current Weight: 144.5
    Last week's weight: 145.5
    Weight lost this week: 1.0
    Weight loss since beginning this challenge: 2.5

YEAH!! I lost my pound (which was my goal)

Keep going everyone!!!! :happy: :flowerforyou: :smile:
  • proudmama0118
    proudmama0118 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Original post baby weight: 225.4
    Current weight: 199.6
    Goal weight: 175 (Ultimate 160 by Sept)
    Pounds lost this week: 2.4
    pounds lost total: 25.8

Yea!!! Under that darn 200 mark, now I just have to maintain it while I am on vacation this week. doh! It figures I would hit it at the hardest week!! :) Hope everyone has a great day.

Kathy
  • ToTheLove
    Options
    This week was no good. I must have done alot worse than I thought... I knew I didn't do great this week, but I didn't this THIS would happen!!

Last week's weight: 192.8
    Current weight: 193.8
    Goal weight: 130 (Total) 160 by Memorial Day
    Goal weight loss a week: 2.25 lbs/week
    Pounds lost this week: -1
    pounds lost total: -1

I GAINED A LB!!! I'm so mad at myself. I can't believe it. I just need to really focus this week. I mean REALLY FOCUS! I CAN do this. It's all up to me. I can make this happen!

Okay. Done with the self motivation :flowerforyou:

This weeks personal goal:

50 crunches
    25 leg raises
    25 side crunches each side
  • dhayes
    dhayes Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Last Weeks weight: 347
    Current weight: 345
    Goal weight: 319