onikonor
onikonor Posts: 473 Member
Which one do you prefer and why?

EDIT: any other milk I forgot to mention lol

Replies

• spngebobmyhero
    spngebobmyhero Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    If coconut isn't an option than cow milk. I usually go full fat, but sometimes 1%, as that is what my husband likes. I usually only consume it once or twice a week.
  • miniberger
    miniberger Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Depends on what I'm using it for... milk in my coffee, almond milk in my oatmeal.
  • Rachel_24
    Rachel_24 Posts: 2
    Options
    I love Almond milk. I recently discovered that it was cows milk that was making me feel ill. I switched to almond milk as the idea of sweet (soy and rice) milk grossed me out. I now use Blue Diamond Sugar Free Vanilla Almond Milk. I love it! I actually prefer it now. The best part, 40 calories per cup! The downside is that it only contains 1g Protein per cup, but I get my protein elsewhere.
  • Sarah_Wins
    Sarah_Wins Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    My favorite is unsweetened vanilla almond milk. Sometimes I get the coconut almond blend too for a different flavor. I mix it with chocolate whey isolate, cocoa, and sometimes sugar free natural peanut butter. Crap, now I have to go make one.
  • katemateg
    katemateg Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I used to drink soya, then went back to semi skimmed when I met y husband. A few months ago we switched to organic semi skimmed but as of last week I am now on coconut milk. It's pretty tasty and coconut is soooo good for you
  • sailingsal
    sailingsal Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I use coconut milk mostly, but if i can't get it will use Rice milk as a back up. I'm allergic to cow's milk, soya and almonds!
  • IronPlayground
    IronPlayground Posts: 1,594 Member
    Options
    2% Milk
  • JustPeachy044
    JustPeachy044 Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I alternate between coconut milk and unsweetened almond milk. I don't t use soy milk any more as I am hypothyroid and soy is not good for those of us with this condition! Have read conflicting info about soy for the general public--some swear by it and others say with all the chemicals and genetic modifications that you shouldn't touch the stuff.
  • betts21
    betts21 Posts: 7
    Options
    I have recently been wondering the same thing as Almond Milk is pretty tasty and has less calories. However, Almond milk only has 1g of protein vs Cow's Milk/Soy Milk at 7-8g protein. The other benefit to Cow's milk is the calcium. I am going to get some Almond Milk to use at times but think I will be sticking with my lactose free skim Cow's milk for the protein & calcium, I would rather get it from the source than taking a pill. Hope this helps!
  • meka1002
    meka1002 Posts: 3
    Options
    I drink coconut milk, almond milk is all right but I only like to use that if I'm cooking or making smoothies, it's to thick for me for cereal ....but cows milk is out of the question!!! (I feel the same about soy...will not touch the stuff!!)
  • Jill_newimprovedversion
    Options
    It DEPENDS on what I'm using it for:

I ♥ unsweetened almond milk (add Truvia and vanilla myself) to use in SMOOTHIES, PROTEIN DRINKS, MILKSHAKES, PUDDINGS and CEREALS

but if I'm pouring a glass to DRINK w/ a MEAL.........NOT almond......I'm grabbing good ol' Bessie! Skim or 1%.
    I also use COW'S MILK for making mashed potatoes.

I've tried SOY- :tongue: my taste buds are NOT a fan whatsoever.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Whole cow's milk.
  • Molly182
    Molly182 Posts: 406
    Options
    I have tried almond, coconut, soy, and goat milk. I hate almond, coconut, and soy. I like ice cream made with coconut milk, but I can't have a bowl of cereal with coconut milk. Ew. Goat milk I can handle. Taste wise I prefer cow's. I haven't tried hemp. I think I should just give up.
  • Impy84
    Impy84 Posts: 430
    Options
    I prefer soy milk, but i've developed a nut allergy and can no longer drink soy or almond milk so i've gone back to skim fat free cows juice
  • sheepysaccount
    sheepysaccount Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    cow milk, 3.5% fat. i just love it. sometimes i get rice or soy milk if i want a flavored milk like vanilla or chocolate...
  • knewme77
    knewme77 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I use coconut milk, and then if I can't find it for some reason, I use Silk soy milk.
  • Doing_The_Unstruck
    Doing_The_Unstruck Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I used to love whole milk. Dairy does not love me now. Imitation "milks" arn't the same.
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    i love coconut milk, i used it in scrambled eggs the other day and it was delish. as well as with my cereal and other things milk would be used for.
    it is pretty low calorie (an 8 oz serving of the so delicious brand is 45 cals).
    health benefits as well, helps build strong bones, helps prevent anemia, helps control weight, helps lower blood pressure, things like that.
    it is a little thicker though which can be a turn off, i add a little water to it with my bowl of cereal and it is perfect. and it doesn't taste like straight up coconut, you can't even taste coconut honestly.
    it can be a little pricey, like the soy, almond, rice milks.
    great for any intolerances to dairy.
  • Julienetan
    Julienetan Posts: 44
    Options
    I don't fancy cow milk, I think it is bad for health as cows nowadays are fed with medicinal drugs and antibiotic which bring more harm than goodness to the human beings.
  • MissMama5
    MissMama5 Posts: 23
    Options
    Cows milk is disgusting. I don't know how anyone drinks that nastiness :S
    Organic soy milk, unsweetened, or almond. Chocolate almond milk as a treat is the bomb, my 5yo loves it!