Almond vs Soy vs Cow Milk

Options

Replies

• Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    I prefer Almond milk! It's amazing. Plus win on low calories and high calcium.

I don't mind Soy either but am not sure if smart since I have a hypothyroid?

My husband drinks Coconut milk and <3's it.

Cow milk makes me GAG!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I switched to soy decades ago because I've never cared for cow's milk. Almond milk is pretty good too, but I'm so used to soy now that I mainly stick with that. I don't drink a lot of any type of milk though. Usually just a cup of soy milk for breakfast.

I keep canned skim milk (cow) for cooking.
  • JustPeachy044
    JustPeachy044 Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Ocarina, I would stay away from soy if you are hypothyroid. I'm not an expert, but the reading I have done says to stay away from soy. Something about it interfering with the synthroid or whatever replacement they have you on.

I also recently found out that we should take our medication with a full glass of water on an empty stomach first thing in the morning. Hot liquids within 30 minutes of taking meds, especially coffee, will inhibit absorption of the medication. I've been on meds since infancy, and no one ever told me that!
  • wookiemouse
    wookiemouse Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Not a soy fan because of GMOs.

I use unsweetened vanilla almond milk for oatmeal and smoothies. The only time I drink cow milk is the chocolate variety for a recovery drink on days I lift heavy.
  • MrNoisy
    MrNoisy Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Plain unsweetened almond milk.

I'm lactose intolerant, and I'm not a big fan of soy.
  • MelHoneyRocks
    Options
    I prefer unsweetened almond milk, I love the Trader Joe's brand. I am actually contemplating making ice cream out of it now too since it sooooo low in calories, just add fresh fruit!
  • futuremalestripper
    futuremalestripper Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Cow.
    I don't care for the taste of Almond. Soy tastes good, but I don't want too much soy in my diet. As for cow, I feel so much better when I have a glass of it specifically every day. I went without it for a while and I never felt as good as I did when I drank it, so now it's mandatory.
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    lactose, nope.
    soy products, I try to limit them because soy is in an awful lot of stuff in the USA... so...

almond milk it is.
  • V3ggieL0vinGinger
    Options
    Almond milk! I love it so much <3
    I also love soy milk, but it's not good to eat too much soy, so I save that for my weekly lattes :)
  • Mandyda148k
    Options
    Love Coconut milk myself. Low cal and taste great!!!
  • danielleharvey2009
    danielleharvey2009 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I've recently discovered a love for SoGood Soy Milk. Makes it so my tummy doesn't hurt when I eat breakfast lol
  • kaylurzz
    kaylurzz Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I drink soy milk. I want to switch over to almond milk but I have yet to find one I like.
  • ahsongbird
    ahsongbird Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Silk original almond :) mmm, I do enjoy the taste of regular FF milk better than the almond milk, but not so much that it bothers me, plus almond milk feels much lighter in the stomach :)
  • cherylann1963
    Options
    my dr told me to use almond sugar fee instead of cow milk helps lower sugar and cream in coffee instead even though it has more fat so i went black with my coffee. i use either 1% or some time almond or choc soy for smoothies
  • econut2000
    econut2000 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    unsweetened vanilla almond milk! I still drink cow's milk when that's what's available. I avoid soy because unfermented soy products produce hormone mimics and pretty much any processed food you find contains soy in some form or another!
  • runbyme
    runbyme Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    I like the Light Vanilla Almond Milk but if I can't find it, Vanilla Soy is okay. Both are delicious with oatmeal!
  • janf15
    janf15 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Cow milk - only organic
    Almond milk - on occasion.
    Soy milk ... only organic

I am all for coconut milk
  • jmetter
    jmetter Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I love Almond Milk.
  • Kymmy81
    Kymmy81 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I prefer moo cow milk because there is no almond or soy breast

I would've thought you'd have been weaned for a while now....:flowerforyou:
  • carlosdon
    carlosdon Posts: 125
    Options
    human milk? they do them breast milk ice cream and something in Ibiza called TITTO