• sho3girl
    sho3girl Posts: 10,799 Member
    Options
    how do i get my own unicorn?? :smile:

CherokeeBabe you beat me to that comment
  • Mhaney
    Mhaney Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    My ten year marriage ended recently, and honestly I couldn't care less about finding a guy. I have more important things to worry about.
  • Waszo
    Waszo Posts: 41
    Options
    I guess I can say the same thing ,only about women. Its been 20 yrs. since the divorce.
  • RichardCMolloy
    RichardCMolloy Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Don't look...it'll happen when its meant to. At least thats what I'm telling myself :)
  • arcticfox04
    arcticfox04 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    Depends just look but don't look. You'll end up forcing yourself into a bad relationship. Remember no one is perfect in this world, you always got to out weigh pro/cons. Sometimes you put yourself into a thought train of I must be in a relationship and its not healthy.

The most important thing is can you learn to be a compromise with the person you choose to be with. Sadly I never found a woman with his quality yet. Then there's always someone for someone out there. Just keep on looking and never settle for 2nd place.
  • Bahet
    Bahet Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    Be realistic. There are so many women looking for a tall, handsome, fit, hard working, intelligent, educated man who makes good money, loves kittens and children, likes to do yard work on weekends, enjoys romantic comedies, etc but there aren't many guys who fit that bill. Of the ones who do exist they are either taken or looking for a woman who is tall, pretty, fit, hard working, educated, making good money, etc. I can't tell you how many uneducated, overweight, lazy people I've wanted to smack into reality when they lament that they can't find a good partner. Be a good woman and he'll show up.

IMO men are actually worse about that than women. Short, fat, homely, bald men seem to not see any problem at all with their thinking they should be dating a super model. But any short, fat, homely woman I know might like to look at some eye candy but she's generally realistic enough to know that he's the guy who would date the supermodel.
  • yourenotmine
    yourenotmine Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    Lord, if you figure that out, I hope you'll tell me. I suppose it helps not to be a hermit, and not to hate being around humans, two things which I can't seem to accomplish.
  • superrjo
    superrjo Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Be the right girl.

love it
  • christamt
    christamt Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Look at the OPPOSITE of what you usually look at. Wow, there he is!! Its true, works I am proof. So is my sister!
  • JBott84
    JBott84 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Here's a question how can I guy fall in love with special needs ?

Has to be the right guy - you mentioned a good christian boy....Try Church! and there are a lot of churches out there...
  • mfp_junkie
    mfp_junkie Posts: 359
    Options
    I here this Intraweb thing is catching on. Someone should build a site to meet people..maybe a dating site. Betcha you could make some cash with that idea.
  • Coyla
    Coyla Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    my bestfriend told me this stop looking! when you stop looking you will find him. so for me I quit looking and will just wait

This hasn't yet worked for me. I stopped looking for five years, and nada. But when you live in a small town like me, where people get married straight out of high school or not at all, if you don't look, you won't find anything.

If only single men were dropped out of planes with parachutes. It would make things easier.

My current strategy is to make friends and enjoy the single life.
  • EBFNP
    EBFNP Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    BE the person you want to find; Don't be a NICKEL out there looking for a DIME- Lyfe Jennings...
  • AnnMarie518
    Options
    2m5dqf5.jpg
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    I found boyfriends and then my husband by getting out there and meeting people. You aren't going to meet a guy by sitting around waiting.
  • willy79
    willy79 Posts: 11
    Options
    Firstly don't go looking for a good guy in a bar or a betting shop. Don't seem too keen, keen can look like needy. Be yourself and don't look too hard. If u look too hard you pull a nutcase or cyco. Trust me I've found both types of women looking too hard. SCARY
  • kikiboniki
    kikiboniki Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    I found boyfriends and then my husband by getting out there and meeting people. You aren't going to meet a guy by sitting around waiting.

exactly, you have to get out there and meet people. Change your social patterns if you feel like there is "nobody out there." Unless you fall in the love with the fed ex man, hes not just gonna magically appear.

and I am still looking as well, so I understand the frustration. I, like the OP am looking for a good Christian guy to settle down with. I'm currently reading a book called "How to get a Date Worth Keeping" by Henry Cloud, and it has some really great stuff in there that is changing my perspective on dating drastically. I would recommend it to the OP =)
  • iAMaPhoenix
    iAMaPhoenix Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Why are YOU looking for the right Christian guy? Doesn't that Book you read say something like..."He who findeth a wife findeth a good thing". I am not a religious expert, but I think that means you need to get your shyt in order until he comes along, or he is sent to you by Him... or am I way off base whice I am most of the time.