Anyone want to start 30 day shred with me?

Options
124»

Replies

• monasul
    monasul Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I just finished day 1 level 1! it was hard but I am determined! I also walked for 30 minutes. Day 2 tomorrow! I'm going to be measuring every 10 days! I hope I lose some inches! :smile:
  • shanshepard
    shanshepard Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    This will be my third attempt! Ha! I am doing day 1 (again) today and really need motivation to keep it up this time. I promised myself I would do it to day 10 before even considering quitting. My problem is that I get really bored with doing the same routine every single day. Blah. But I need something to add to my daily burn and I already own the DVD.... so I am giving it a try one more time.

you sound like me .. maybe we can motivate each other to stick with it this time ..
  • sdoldsMD2013
    sdoldsMD2013 Posts: 128
    Options
    I have that DVD as long as the ripped one as well. I'll be starting soon.
  • naomibabes3
    Options
    I'm on Day 14 today so just into level 2 but I seem to be really struggling to push myself, I've been doing it every day and eating within 1300 cals but since the weekend (started level 2 on saturday) i've put 4lbs on somehow! I had lost 5lbs from doing it so now I'm feeling really disheartened! The thing I'm really struggling with is the planking position exercises, I can barely hold myself up for 30 seconds never mind whilst doing planking jacks! Any tips or words of encouragment would be much appreciated as I feel like giving up at the minute and I promised myself I'd make it through the 30 days!

Thanks!
  • Kitzey
    Kitzey Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Hey all!! Would love to join the group!! I bought the shred over a year ago couldn't make it through the first level without quitting she had me exhausted! I have a personal trainer I see 3 times a week which is why I am only commited to 3-4 days a week for the shred. I'm finding it much easier this time around and can do (on a good day) 2 levels!!

Naomibabes3 - You are doing fantastic and level 2 is the hardest (in my opinion) of the 3 levels! I find I am hungrier on days i do the Shred and I eat a little more! Maybe 1300 calories is on the low side and you need more??
  • flrachael
    flrachael Posts: 7
    Options
    I'm on Day 14 today so just into level 2 but I seem to be really struggling to push myself, I've been doing it every day and eating within 1300 cals but since the weekend (started level 2 on saturday) i've put 4lbs on somehow! I had lost 5lbs from doing it so now I'm feeling really disheartened! The thing I'm really struggling with is the planking position exercises, I can barely hold myself up for 30 seconds never mind whilst doing planking jacks! Any tips or words of encouragment would be much appreciated as I feel like giving up at the minute and I promised myself I'd make it through the 30 days!

Thanks!

Just take a break until you're able to do them again. Something is better than nothing! And if you can't do exercises while planking then just plank. Eventually you'll be able to do the exercises. I have the same problem b/c my wrists and shoulders get tired, but if we don't work at it we'll never work up the endurance to make it through. The workouts weren't intended to be easy or to be completed perfectly. If we could do them perfectly then what would be the point in doing them? Just stick with it and know that people are in the same place you are. We'll make it through together.
  • trina_apple
    Options
    Results of the first 10 days of 30 Day Shred:

Weight: -1.5 lbs
    Waist: -.5"
    Arms: Same
    Hips: -.25"
    Thighs: -.5"

Yay!! Level 2 starts today!
  • BootsieSpru
    Options
    what is a shred? i might be interested...
  • xxsarah1985xx
    xxsarah1985xx Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi Ive stated the 30 day shred today - wish me luck :o) ooo can any one tell me how many calories i shuld enter on to the excercise session im struggling to find the right thing to put

Goooooooooood Luck guys!!!!!!!!!!! xxx
  • flrachael
    flrachael Posts: 7
    Options
    Hi Ive stated the 30 day shred today - wish me luck :o) ooo can any one tell me how many calories i shuld enter on to the excercise session im struggling to find the right thing to put

Goooooooooood Luck guys!!!!!!!!!!! xxx

Put it in as 20 minutes of circuit training, general. It'll calculate your calories for you.
    GOOD LUCK!!!
  • xxsarah1985xx
    xxsarah1985xx Posts: 4 Member
    Options
  • tlucas69
    tlucas69 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was Day1 for me!! I can hardly walk today!! I'm headed to the gym in a few and I'm going to have to work thru the pain, but how???!!!
    Those of you who've done it, how long does the pain last??? OUCH!
  • kdurden
    kdurden Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Today was Level 1 Day 2! The strength ones kill me. For the second pushup segment I do modified pushups, and I cheat a little on the squat presses and the side lunge anterior raises. I didn't cheat as much today as yesterday, so that's progress. I never thought a 20 minute DVD using 3 lb weights would be so challenging!