Tall girls and stilettos

Options

Replies

• thebaconbeast
    thebaconbeast Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    As long as you're not a lot over 6"1 or 2 it's all good.
  • LuckyAng
    LuckyAng Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    I live in flip flops (California), but I definitely do not shy away from heels when it comes to dressing up. I am 5'10, and in heels I look like I am ready to take over a small village... but I don't care :smile:
  • drkuhl2017
    drkuhl2017 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11 and I rarely ever wear heels, I always rock the flats. They are so much more comfortable! :)
  • girlsaint
    girlsaint Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Im 5'11 and SO jel of girls who can wear heels - im way to self-conscious, i feel like a man in drag in them. :(

^This!^ I am also 5'11" and I feel like if i wear them, I am just too damn intimidating.....
  • Mom2rh
    Mom2rh Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Confidence is sexy. I'm about 5'10"ish...and I love heels. I don't usually go 4" just because of comfort, but 3" or so. They make me feel sexy.

And for the men...if they are shorter, being confident anyway is sexy for them as well.
  • kathrynyoung71
    Options
    I'm 5ft11 almost 5ft12!! I will wear a tiny heel but otherwise I feel far too tall, however I always stand tall as I quite like been tall just don't want to be any taller.....
  • 78brownie_wechanged
    Options
    I'm 5'0" and love heels. They shape legs well but most importantly...I don't look so much like a freaking gnome. I envy women with average heights let alone tall women. >:2(

VERY self conscious about my height.
  • monalissanne
    monalissanne Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    5ft10 and my heels are always skyscraper. Though, i prefer a wedge or sturdy heel to a stilletto...less obvious. And my friends are all petite so i tend to look like some kind of amazonian haha

Also, does anyone find they attract alot of older men and really short men???? I hate this!! :huh:

I JUST had the conversation "I know you think calling me amazonian is a compliment but it's not, so stop it, and it's not my fault everyone is short."
    I personally don't like it. For me that's the equivalent of calling me a giant, and what girl not in the WWE wants to be called that?
  • Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Options
    Heels do horrible things to your back and feet over the years so it's not worth it. I'd rather wear shoes with support and not worry about my health in the future. I'm 5'4" so I could benefit from heels but I won't wear anything higher than 2 3/4 inch heels and they gotta be thick! I don't wanna break my ankle. >.<
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    I am 5'9 and will wear heels when appropriate, but I mostly wear wedges but I like wearing flats too.

I wear:

Sandals, flip flops, flats - when very very casual
    Wedges - when very dressy causal and I am out and about
    Heels - for formal events only
  • Kandygirl
    Kandygirl Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    im 5'9 and i wear heels all the time to work. i think i look tall and sexy and i love it. my man is 6 foot even but in his work boots, he is about 6'2 and damn he looks good.
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11 and I own a few pair of 4 inch heels though the majority are 3 or less. I used to be so self-conscious about being tall but now, I embrace it. There's nothing like having a man at work have to look up at me when I am talking to them. Makes me feel like I have all the power. I usually do anyway, but the heels always help with the intimidation factor!!!
  • interceptor311
    interceptor311 Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    Wear them! It's hot no matter how tall you are!! Even to a short guy like me. Lol
  • bradthemedic
    bradthemedic Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    All of this is useless without pics. Just sayin'. ;)
  • geminitwin1979
    Options
    5ft 9/10 and i love killer heels !! my legs look super long and slim plus i feel hot in them ! all my mates are pretty short and winge at me for wearing them but i don't care !! Embrace our height girlies ...tall girls can rock heels too x
  • madelonism
    madelonism Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Tall women scare me and I don't know why.

Not under 6ft but, those 6ft3 and over. I start to panic, etc

I get that same feeling. i think i just get intimidated.
  • thefrahmers
    Options
    All of this is useless without pics. Just sayin'. ;)

Sorry. I have no idea how to post pics :laugh:
  • Fay84Vegan
    Fay84Vegan Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Im 5'11 and SO jel of girls who can wear heels - im way to self-conscious, i feel like a man in drag in them. :(

Same here!! :(

I'm 5ft 11 and feel way too tall even in 2 inch heels

I wish i was a few inches shorter - Then i would LIVE in heels!!!

They are sooooo pretty .........arrrrrrrgh! :sad:
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options

eh? Dang Scarlett, just wanted to say, you do not have the face for "a man in drag" - wear the damn heels and if anybody were to insult you, saying you looked like a man in drag, their eyesight would need to be tested! :flowerforyou:
  • drusilla126
    drusilla126 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Haha I have the same trouble. 5'7" plus 4" stilettos means I tower over my man. The shoes make me feel hot but the towering not so much.