Do people log their alcohol intake.

Options
Hiiii people.
I am a university student, and drink a lot of alcohol during the week, and it isn't just the odd glass of wine or anything, sometimes it's a he'll of a lot more! I log my alcohol, but then realise that I have to subsitute meals as other wise I will go over my daily goal of calories (1,200) do other people do this? Friends that I have on here don't seem too, or are just tee total and don't touch. The stuff!

Really appreciate your insight
N ell x

Replies

• katkins3
    katkins3 Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    Yes. If it has calories log it!
    Beer, wine and alcohol are in the database and some drinks pack a pretty high calorie punch.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    only the people who want to accdurately track all the calories they are putting in their body
  • nellybsmith
    Options
    This is what I thought! Thank you. I feel that if I don't log it, it's almost cheating, or convincing myself that I'm not really drinking it hahaa! X
  • frillypantz
    frillypantz Posts: 134
    Options
    yeah i log all my alcohol calories, it just means you have to be a bit more careful what you are eating if you like a good drink like us haha x
  • HotMamaByVday
    HotMamaByVday Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    yes.
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    Nope, the last thing I want to be thinking about when drinking is cals/carbs.

I don't log exercise either.

I figure they will cancel each other out.:-)

As long as I am drinking wine (preferably red) and not beer I don't sweat the booze ...
  • Minnie92x
    Minnie92x Posts: 107
    Options
    I dont drink often, but when I'm on a night out I easily drink over 1,000 cals. I log them!
  • wantstolooseweight
    wantstolooseweight Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I track mine quite simply because I'm aware I can drink a lot... since I've joined here apart from last week on holiday I've cut down loads because I'm aware how high the calories are in them
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    YEP! Every ounce.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    Nope, the last thing I want to be thinking about when drinking is cals/carbs.

I don't log exercise either.

I figure they will cancel each other out.:-)

As long as I am drinking wine (preferably red) and not beer I don't sweat the booze ...

ya....the calories in red wine are nothing like the calories in beer......NOT

so if you dont keep track of calories burned or calories consumed, why are you here?
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I dont count it, but I also drink a lot less than before I joined MFP because I am more aware of the calories and quite frankly I can't do hangovers any more!!
  • Peta22
    Peta22 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Yep... It can be significant part of my calorie intake sometimes! :tongue:
  • lionskitty
    lionskitty Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Liquid calories are some of the sneakiest! Alchoholic or not ;) I log it all.
  • hobbitgrrl
    hobbitgrrl Posts: 67
    Options
    I log my alcohol intake, adjust my meals for the day accordingly, and exercise more to compensate for my night out. :drinker:
  • JessicaAnnD
    Options
    I log it! Calories are calories if you aren't logging it you are cheating yourself. I found that I drink less because I log it!
  • viper_7
    viper_7 Posts: 14
    Options
    Alcohol is high in calories. A bottle of wine is an easy 700.
    A pint of beer is an easy 250
    Spirits are higher still.

I lost the lbs by simply reducing alcohol and nothing more.

Thinking back to my student days, and based on your question, I'd imagine you're consuming over 1000 Calories for one your sessions. These are also empty calories, with little nutritional value.

also try to ensure you have at least 2 Alcohol free days a week.
  • n8na
    n8na Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I log everything!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    I'm all for drinking, but if it's several alcoholic beverages a day, every day, and you have to skip meals to have enough room in your calorie goal for your drinks... do you think that might be a bit excessive?
  • Erica27511
    Erica27511 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    I log EVERYTHING. Even if it has no calories I still log it, it may have vitamins, sodium...etc.
  • mandimuscles
    mandimuscles Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    For me, drinking is a killer to my diet. So yeah, if I drink it I log it, if not I'll wonder where the hell those extra 5lbs came from during the weekend when the rest of the time I busted my *kitten* to stay on track. Keeps me away from the bottle!!