How do you like Guys, or Girls to dress?

Options
124»

Replies

• christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    I would be extremely pleased if this was the norm for guys clothing:

tumblr_m3shcb4JQ71rvfvjao1_500.png

But that's just me :)

I think i just threw up in my mouth.... :sick:

I'm pretty sure the only man who would dress like this would be flaming

Haha yeah gotta agree. Not that it's a bad thing, but I don't want my guy to dress like this! Maybe one of the items if he likes but not all of them.

Certain men do have a good look to pull this off - but some don't. For example, if some manly man like Luke Bryan or Eric Church was to wear this, it would be crazy. But a more thin, regal looking guy might be able to. But I probably wouldn't be attracted to him.

Suits, however, look good on every guy!
  • SpydrMnky27
    SpydrMnky27 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Typically i wear jeans,tank top and flip flops on a daily basis... to me its comfy and cute

I prefer guys to dress the same...although it depends on if we are going out or not :)

Exactly this for me too.
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    I wear jeans and a tank top or a pretty top most days, avoiding plain t-shirts. Trying to wear dresses or skirts more often. Adding accessories more often. Stay at home moms don't get enough reasons to dress up so I like to step it up a notch for casual wear.
    For the rare date night, I will definitely be in a dress or skirt and heels.

For my man, he's the rugged type so he would look like he's in costume if he went all preppy/metrosexual. The man can pull off a suit and tie, or dress shirt and dress pants when the occasion calls for it, but most days its jeans and a t shirt on him, unless he's out for work, then it's a collared shirt, usually a light plaid of some sort. I do have a favorite couple shirts of his. They're short sleeves that just show his arm band tattoo and a bit of stretch that hugs his muscles. One is a black button up (or down?? It has buttons), and one is green. Oh, and this royal blue muscle shirt that he's had forever and it still looks brand new. :love:
  • ShareeMorty
    ShareeMorty Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I prefer to wear dresses or jeans and a pretty top.

On a guy I like jeans and a black t shirt or a button down shirt. I don't care as long as it is clean and fits properly. And it all looks the same crumpled on the bedroom floor anyways.
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    Men should just go back to dressing like Don Draper:

ddraper.jpg
    That's not too much to ask, right?
  • Noki1024
    Noki1024 Posts: 302
    Options
    Just like Channing Tatum!

Yeah that!!
  • FlyEaglesGuy
    FlyEaglesGuy Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Blue Jeans, Black or brown shoes, and a dark colored button up dress shirt.

Flip up the cuffs to expose the watch and your good to go !!!
  • elcieloesazul
    elcieloesazul Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I'd want them (girls and guys) to dress however they'd want to.
    But, if I was choosing a perfect guy outfit: egpa2c.jpg
    NOTE: a book in his hand. :heart:
  • futuremalestripper
    futuremalestripper Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I dress like a homeless person. I grab whatever shorts are done in the dryer ( I live in FL so yes I will wear shorts every chance I get) and whatever shirt is dry as well. However, I have very nice running shoes. I spend money where it counts! I don't wear cologne, but I do brush my teeth and floss. I'll go anywhere dressed like this.
  • noirnatural
    noirnatural Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Jeans and a button down, yes i know the difference:) t-shoes as i don't care to see a man in flip flops
    :huh: what is the difference between the two...I dont know seriously...lol
  • noirnatural
    noirnatural Posts: 310 Member
    Options

ddraper.jpg

I AGREE!!!
  • laughingnome
    laughingnome Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I LOVE men wearing cut off jeans, white socks and work boots, no shirt, preferrable with long hair. But in shape.
  • 10acity
    10acity Posts: 798 Member
    Options

ddraper.jpg
    Dudes: if you're looking for suggestions, you can't go wrong with this guideline.

But honestly, I just like men. Men in suits, men in jeans and t-shirts, men in expensive Italian leather oxfords, men in flip-flops (provided your feet are well-groomed, of course), men in work boots. I like men in uniform--up to and including a greasy coverall, men in swim trunks, men in flat-front khakis, men in boxer-briefs. I like v-neck sweaters, crew-neck sweaters, crisp dress shirts, and even the occasional vest. Avoid anything ill-fitting, from your girlfriend's closet, or grossly outdated and you'll probably be fine. Yeah, it's that easy.
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options

ddraper.jpg

I am in love with Don Draper, and basically the whole show, but their outfits are seriously amazing. In this day and age, stuff like that is rarely seen, but I wished we all lived in the days of that kind of style. It's not too overdone or weird, it is just classic. I don't want a metro guy, but I wouldn't mind a guy who looks confident in a man's man suit.

I could just stare at him all day.
  • RaeLB
    RaeLB Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    50% of the time i wear jeans or shorts, a tee & sneakers or flip-flops
    40% of the time i wear something a little nicer like a frilly top, boho top, or sundress
    10% (clubbing usually) i dress up: heels, nice pants & club top, or mini-dress

i like guys who dress casually: jeans & a tee but can dress nice for a special occasion
  • the_great_unknown
    the_great_unknown Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    What an interesting question.

For guys: button down shirts or fitted tee-shirts (not boxy or with logos). I'm not a fan of muscle shirts and polo shirts make me think of work, so use sparingly. Basically, clean, tidy, and in good condition. For pants, I'm not a fan of skinny jeans, but jeans or flat-front khakis are nice. A suit would be awesome.

For women: Wear whatever you want, ladies. Have you looked into muumuus? Kidding! I don't really have a preference, other than nothing too revealing/tacky etc. I wish I could pull off a pencil skirt with a button down tucked in, with a belt and some pointy toed pumps, but my legs look better when they're covered up.