To the "Cool Kids"

Options

Replies

• Nerple
    Nerple Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    This thread has blown my mind. I am so lost I am just going to go back to playing with my Tickle Me Elmo.
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    Oh, and totally agree with OP, though the term "cool kids" makes me feel like the fat kid in dodgeball.

Being the fat kid in dodgeball made me feel like the fat kid in dodgeball.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    i'm a cool kid. at least my mom thinks so.

most of my awesome gets lost in the shuffle, honestly. :P

Mom-Says-Im-Cool-Magnet-I11757811.jpg
  • gchutson
    gchutson Posts: 657
    Options
    I don't post here often...okay really, I think I have posted 4 times. I do, however, read EVERYTHING. I have never had to lose weight so I don't have any words of wisdom to offer on those topics and though I try to eat healthy, just a short while ago I was the skinny chick who existed on M&M's and diet coke :)

To the group of people on here I will dub the "cool kids", you know who you are; you post all the time, get called rude - mean - snarky, tell it like it is and are in general extremely entertaining. I love you guys! You make me laugh but most importantly, I have learned a lot from you,

I never think you are being mean to anyone. If your repsonse to a question comes across a little snarky, it seems to me it was out of utter frustration.

Just wanted to give a huge Thank You to you all. I have gained valuable knowlege in nutrition and exercise. You have debunked myths that I myself was quilty of believing and have given sound advice in areas of diet and fitness. If I ever learn how to post pictures, I will post some to show how your advice (and snarkiness) has helped me.

Thanks again!!

There's a rumor that the Cool Kids get their strings locked. A lot. So I've heard.
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    I don't post here often...okay really, I think I have posted 4 times. I do, however, read EVERYTHING. I have never had to lose weight so I don't have any words of wisdom to offer on those topics and though I try to eat healthy, just a short while ago I was the skinny chick who existed on M&M's and diet coke :)

To the group of people on here I will dub the "cool kids", you know who you are; you post all the time, get called rude - mean - snarky, tell it like it is and are in general extremely entertaining. I love you guys! You make me laugh but most importantly, I have learned a lot from you,

I never think you are being mean to anyone. If your repsonse to a question comes across a little snarky, it seems to me it was out of utter frustration.

Just wanted to give a huge Thank You to you all. I have gained valuable knowlege in nutrition and exercise. You have debunked myths that I myself was quilty of believing and have given sound advice in areas of diet and fitness. If I ever learn how to post pictures, I will post some to show how your advice (and snarkiness) has helped me.

Thanks again!!

There's a rumor that the Cool Kids get their strings locked. A lot. So I've heard.

Faulty analogy...sorry man.

Just because your threads get locked doesn't make you a cool kid.
  • _Bob_
    _Bob_ Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options

Thanks again!!

but I enjoy getting warnings for responding in those threads.

so thanks, and am I a cool kid?.....
    tracey-jordan-nope.gif
  • gchutson
    gchutson Posts: 657
    Options

Therein, the Machiavellian argument of whether it is better to be loved, or feared. (For the record, the answer is "both.")
  • snw_
    snw_ Posts: 237 Member
    Options

yes.

and i'm so cool i don't even read any responses to threads so i have no idea wtf i'm talking about.
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options

yes.

and i'm so cool i don't even read any responses to threads so i have no idea wtf i'm talking about.

True story
  • Beastette
    Beastette Posts: 1,497 Member
    Options
    In before the awesome!

Aw, too late.
  • still_crafty
    still_crafty Posts: 692 Member
    Options

frustration? nah, i'm just plain b!tchy all the time. Glad someone (besides me) enjoys it though . . .
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Yep. The "cool kids" are pretty awesome! Many of them are on my FL and have brought so far. I'm not sure I would have seen this much success without them!:drinker:
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    is i a cool kids?
  • EmpressOfJudgment
    EmpressOfJudgment Posts: 1,162 Member
    Options
    Ugh. Did we all regress back to the 9th grade? "The cool kids?"

I think my snarky sexy witty friends are amazing. I'm not on the forums enough to know what clique they fall into.
  • cspong
    cspong Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Lol. I've got a few on my list and they make this less of an awful, dragging, depressing time in my life to a fun, sarcastic, we're all just here to make the best of it and have fun type experience.

LOVE the cool kids.

And people need to stop being so sensitive, lol. Gawd.
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    Ugh. Did we all regress back to the 9th grade? "The cool kids?"

I think my snarky sexy witty friends are amazing. I'm not on the forums enough to know what clique they fall into.

I'm honored to sit at your lunch table! *fistbump*
  • rinnismom
    rinnismom Posts: 190
    Options
    brown-noser
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this post OP! I wouldn't dare call myself a "cool kid," but I am pretty active on these forums and after I learned a lot I started answering a lot of people's questions. I will say that as time goes on and I answer the same questions again and again and again, my answers tend to become shorter and more blunt. Glad to know some people don't mind :)
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options

Thanks again!!

You wish. Cool kids get threads created by asshats locked!
  • OhKelsey1
    OhKelsey1 Posts: 139
    Options
    .... Really? I know forums tend to get this absurd hierarchy because that's the nature of people everywhere, even on the internet, but this all just sounds so silly. I come on here to give encouragement to people that seem to need it, to show off my results, and to ask the odd question here and there. Whoever these "cool kids" are, I hope they don't actually wear that title as some kind of badge of honor. It's an internet food diary, for God's sake.