Are you good at math?

Options
How many of you can do complex algebraic equations, and how many of you can barely remember what comes after 5?

Replies

• JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    I married a math major. I suck at math.

However, him + me = beautiful daughter who does advanced math.
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    Me. I'm a math nerd.
    It's funny ... I can do complex equations but I still have to think hard about my multiplication facts. I just hated the thought of memorizing those stupid things!
  • NNAhuja
    NNAhuja Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I've got a degree in Civil Engineering and am working on a masters in Materials Engineering.
    I can def solve a system :)
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    <-- has B.S. in math. Completed 48 hours of master's and Ph.D. level math coursework for my doctorate.
  • poesch77
    poesch77 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    No...I suck.....flunked Geometry and had to retake to graduate!! My 7 yr old is a Math whiz......where this came from I will never know as her dad is bad at it too. I love calculators.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    I can barely do simple arithmetic without a calculator. I understand simple math though, like net calories and calories in - calories out :smile:
  • LilacDreamer
    LilacDreamer Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    I married a Software Engineer...I don't have to do math. :)
  • DrewMaxwell
    DrewMaxwell Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Borrowed this from a FB friend:

Here's a simple arithmetic question: A bat and ball cost a dollar and ten cents. The bat costs a dollar more than the ball. How much does the ball cost?
  • k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    <-- has B.S. in math. Completed 48 hours of master's and Ph.D. level math coursework for my doctorate.

This made me laugh because I constantly say something along the lines of "I can BS my way through math as needed". On the flipside, however, I'm thoroughly impressed!
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options

This made me laugh because I constantly say something along the lines of "I can BS my way through math as needed". On the flipside, however, I'm thoroughly impressed!

LOL! I BS sometimes too! Though, sadly, at the doctoral level, it's not easy to BS people anymore.
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    I *can* do complex math; however, I would rather not.

I was blessed with a brain that understands numbers and patterns and all sorts of logic-based ideas, and I use it to my advantage when needed, but I would really rather not.
  • wbgolden
    wbgolden Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    oye can beer what comes after beer. i'm good at that.

hint: it's beer +1
  • _Bob_
    _Bob_ Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    tracey-jordan-nope.gif
  • k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    I *can* do complex math; however, I would rather not.

I was blessed with a brain that understands numbers and patterns and all sorts of logic-based ideas, and I use it to my advantage when needed, but I would really rather not.

I need to make a poster of this for my classroom, especially for when students ask me their grades. I can "do" lots of things in math, but I chose not to study it for a reason!
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    I heart ordinary differential equations <3
  • newfette81
    newfette81 Posts: 185
    Options
    I'm more of an accounting nerd as opposed to algebra and whatnot

But i love numbers :o)
  • CoderGal
    Options
    I married a Software Engineer...I don't have to do math. :)

Man is there ever a lot of software engineers who run from math. I never understood people who took an interest in algorithms but hated calculus?
  • snw_
    snw_ Posts: 237 Member
    Options
  • CoderGal
    Options
    I'm more of an accounting nerd as opposed to algebra and whatnot

But i love numbers :o)

I hate numbers. I only like equations with letters in them :P To me numbers are usually C....some arbitrary constant :P
  • still_crafty
    still_crafty Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    <~~~~~ Financial Advisor . . . do math all day, every day. I even have a fancy calculator to help me do things like calculate bond income and margin interest but still count on my fingers when adding simple numbers a lot of the time. It's like my brain is full of all the complex stuff (and song lyrics) leaving no room for the easy stuff.