Scared to lose weight because of boob loss!

Options
The thought that my boobs may become smaller actually makes me NOT want to lose weight :sad: hahaha
(picture on left is not me by the way haha)

I need to lose weight for my health and self-esteem and dancing and everything, but... this just really phases me! hahaa I'm a C cup as it is with about 40-45lbs to lose. But my sister is 40-45lbs lighter than me and has the same size boobs as I do now!!! :grumble:

Does anyone else ever feel like this? :huh:

Replies

• buckeye86
    buckeye86 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    It happens more dramatically in some people than others. No way to know until you do it. I'm pretty sure most people who complain about it on here aren't wishing they didn't lose the weight if that says anything. It's the only thing I like in my "before" pictures, but I like a lot more in my "after" ones :)
  • jamlastsforages
    Options
    My boobs shrank when I lost weight. I didn't even lose that much but it seems to hit my chest the worst. :sad: I still fit into my B-cups but it's just not the same.

But is it worth it? Yes.

That said, my boobs were stunning. LMAO. So I'm slightly bitter.
  • DawnEH612
    DawnEH612 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I have to say, I DID loose some of my boobs! : (. I went from a 38C to a 36B... But in also went from a size 14-16 pant to a size 8-10 from 178 pounds to 146 pounds.... I have to say, I think age is a big part of this. When I was younger and lost weight my boobs seemed less affected. Now I'm in my early 40's and the affects of gravity and weight loss haven't been the kindest to my chest. BUT, I wouldn't go back to my heavier self just for my boobs. I feel better, my self esteem and confidence is so much better, I am stronger and more fit than i think i have ever been. I look younger and more beautiful (so I've been told) and I get compliments every week now... Where as my bigger boobs got me none of that. They were worth the trade off!
  • Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    Not everyone will lose a lot of boob, but even if you do, in my very humble opinion:

Healthy and confident girl with B cup > Unhealthy with C cup.

Love and embrace your body and look forward to what it will become as you get healthier and fitter. If you do this, I bet plenty of other will want to 'embrace' it too! :wink:
  • Anomalia
    Anomalia Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Losing boobs sucks but its definitely worth it.
  • Jamie2007
    Jamie2007 Posts: 169
    Options
    That's why they make implants! It's the best of both worlds!
  • wbgolden
    wbgolden Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Not everyone will lose a lot of boob, but even if you do, in my very humble opinion:

Healthy and confident girl with B cup > Unhealthy with C cup.

Love and embrace your body and look forward to what it will become as you get healthier and fitter. If you do this, I bet plenty of other will want to 'embrace' it too! :wink:
    right.
  • LadyGhostDuchess
    LadyGhostDuchess Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    I wish I had something to lose! "A" ALL THE WAY!

Though I am small chested I did lose some size in my chest and it is something we must deal with sadly. BUT some are blessed and do not have to worry about the loss. So, you are not alone in losing the breasts...My ex actually asked me "You are over weight, why isn't your chest bigger" - So, sometimes it doesn't matter your size, your chest wont change.

I am sure you will be stunning change or not.
    Think of it this way...
    If the size does go down, you get to go bra shopping for new cute bras!
  • Werglum
    Werglum Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I'm a DD now (157lbs) and at my smallest weight (135lbs) I was still a DD!! You never know where the weight will go from until you try!! Admittedly I was sporting a size F a year ago (at 197lbs) but I had just had a baby.
  • tabulator32
    tabulator32 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    That's fine.

Walk around telling people "I could be thin if I wanted but, hey, check out my boobs, aren't they great?!"

People will love you for your sense of humor.

:bigsmile:
  • Brandicaloriecountess
    Brandicaloriecountess Posts: 2,126 Member
    Options
    It never crossed my mind, but I did lose my boobs.

But I look a lot better smaller with my b's than I did fat with dd's.
  • BandForAlyAnne
    BandForAlyAnne Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    ive lost 57lbs so far and havent lost any boob yet. thats unusual for a heavier person. so lucky so far, but it doesnt really matter since its become neccessary for my to get my boobs done/ fixed. lol. *depressed sigh.

*edit: im in a 42 almost 40dd right now.
  • abutterflyemerges
    abutterflyemerges Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure I will help in this post. I was 279 lbs and lost about 120lbs. Before weight loss I was a 46DDD!! After weight loss I was a 42DDD. I was so angry. My doctor could not believe I lost weight everywhere else but there. Anyways cause a whole slew of problems. Serious backache, headaches, numbness. I was popping pain medication left and right. I could not run. Once I carry a backpack all day at Disneyland (it wasn't that heavy). The next day I paid the price for it. I couldn't move for two days! So after this incident decided to have breast reduction. Thankfully it was covered by insurance and with some red tape to get through the process I finally was brought to a 36c cup and couldn't be more happier. The doctor told me I may lose some of that as I continue to lose weight but I don't care. I never want boobs like that again!
  • madelonism
    madelonism Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    ive lost drastic amounts of boob (DDD-C) but there is NO WAY id rather be morbidly obese as opposed to small chested. im gunna buy a water bra and get over it. choose healthy over busty lol. thats what im gunna stick with.
  • sarabig2fit
    sarabig2fit Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    i totally have lost boob.. but honestly, i'd rather have less fat in my body, including in my boobs, and be healthy than to have big boobs.

plus, there are wonderful bras, chicken cutlets, and other things to consider. :)
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    You won't know until you do it. I have lost over 80 pounds and am still rocking a full DD cup. I was hoping to lose more than that in the boob area, but it is what it is. I would rater be healthy with a smaller chest than unhealthy with a larger one.
  • SummerCruiseConfidence
    Options
    I lost about 30 lbs. and I actually went up a cup size because it was around the time I was going on the pill. Maybe that would help? Also depending on how old you are, your boobs may still get bigger. You don't actually stop growing until your mid-20s.
  • sweetNsassy2584
    sweetNsassy2584 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    ask yourself what's more important??
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping for boob loss on me. lol
    Hope this helps...

http://www.dailymuscle.com/2006/04/10/will-exercise-make-my-breasts-smaller/

Will Exercise Make My Breasts Smaller?
    by NOEL CHELLIAH on MONDAY, APR 10, 2006

The answer is quite simply – NO. Developing your pectorals(chest muscles) won’t make your breasts smaller. Many of you would have heard this tale countless number of times, but let me tell you now that this is yet another myth about women’s weight training/female bodybuilding that just does not seem to go away!

Yes, strength training has an overall toning effect, however – if you’re dieting and you lose a significant amount of body fat, THEN you will reduce breast size (but of course, this decrease will also be proportionate to the fat loss from your entire body). So if you lose weight and end up with smaller breasts.. its because thats how you truly were meant to look like.. and there’s nothing wrong with that. So blame the shrinkage on your diet/weightloss routine, don’t blame the exercise.

Muscle and fat are very different types of tissue and we cannot turn one into the other, and women’s breasts are mostly fatty tissue. Your breasts won’t actually get bigger, but what is actually happening when you perform the right chest exercises is that you would tone the muscle underneath the breast tissue, and this will cause your chest to ‘appear’ to be bigger. Therefore, it is impossible to actually increase breast size through weight training but what you’re able to do is to only create an ‘appearance’ of bigger breasts. Isn’t that good enough?

Truth is, if you go below 12% body fat (which you shouldnt be unless you’re a competing female bodybuilder, etc), your breast size WILL decrease.. so don’t be surprised when that happens. If it’s still bigger breasts you want.. then one solution for you is to either gain fat or get breast implants.
  • BeetleChe13
    BeetleChe13 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I hear ya. I had about five more pounds I wanted to lose, but I just found out that I'm now a 32A, when I was a 34B at my top weight. I'm maintaining now because I refuse to be an AA. I hate to be that vain, but they only make push-up bras so small. :grumble: