Scared to lose weight because of boob loss!

Options

Replies

• BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't worry, as your back size goes down your cup size will look bigger in comparison. I've gone from 38D to 36E as I've lost weight, and no, they don't look like they'd have your eye out!
  • 10acity
    10acity Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    Some of us have smaller boobs. It's okay! I do sometimes jokingly lament the shrinking of my chest as I lose weight, but never have I wished to be back in those gigantic panties just so the matching bra was a bigger size, too!

Just for a little salt in the wound: I have 2 sisters. Neither of them struggles much with weight, and BOTH of them have huge boobs. I like to run around in front of them, free as a bird in strapless tops and swimsuits they'd never be able to wear without risking a serious "wardrobe malfunction". :laugh: Just make the most of what you do have, girl!
  • ainsleypeters
    ainsleypeters Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I feel exactly the same!!!! Since iv put weight on theyve gone bigger and i like them now, dont wanna lose them when i lose weight arrghhh. No win situaiton!!
  • MrsBully4
    MrsBully4 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    My boobs have remained exactly the same size up and down the scale. The only difference I've noticed is that they're rounder and fuller these days since I started doing bench presses.
  • glamsam8
    glamsam8 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    This has always been something I worry about, but I have found that my bra size doesn't really change that much
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    Since the pecs run under the breasts, if you add bench press to your exercise regimen, any fat loss should be replaced by muscle being built under the breast tissue.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Breast_anatomy_normal_scheme.png

That's my theory, anyway. Certainly, my chest area is bigger since bench pressing.
  • TyFit08
    TyFit08 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    OMG my husband and I were just talking about this. I never really had any boobs. I loved the freedom of being able to go braless and if I wanted more just put on a padded bra. But since I gained my boobs have gotten so big and my husband happens to be very pleased. He hasn't gone so far as trying to stop the weight loss but he keeps saying you look great the way you are and making jokes that I may need implants if I get back to my old weight. I have no idea what bra size I am now. I bought a 34C and its too small. I was working out today and they actually hurt as I was jumping. I don't care what the husband says, these babies have got to go.
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    I doubt my boobs will get much smaller as I lose (when I was 18 and a size 0, I still had 34Ds) but if I do...well...I'll invest in some good push up bras and once I'm done having kids I can look into plastic surgery.

I'd rather be fit and healthy with small boobs then overweight with a big rack!
  • thirdday70x7
    thirdday70x7 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I think I may be the only girl who would be more than happy to lose some weight in the chest. Mine have always been bigger, they're finally getting smaller, and it makes me feel free. I can actually wear sports bras and bathing suits now. They were a big, unclotheable distraction before, and I couldn't be happier to be rid of some of them.

You can have some of mine so that I can be a B or C cup lol. Take them.
  • Michelle81285
    Options
    I am a DD and I have lost 23lbs and my boobs did not shrink... so I think it is different for everyone!
  • FitForLife81
    FitForLife81 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Yup I went from a nice B to hardly an A :grumble: !!

However I have come to love my small boobs :wink:
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    I lost a lot and was quite saggy when done, however I am much older than you. Had them re instated, it was worth every cent. Just start a side savings account, just in case.
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    I'm the opposite hon. I want to go down in size SO BAD... I think that will be the one thing I love more then anything else when I lose the weight. :)
  • iqnas
    iqnas Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    I lost mine! Went from a 36 C to a 34 B, but I also went from 175 pounds to 135 pounds!

So I guess it's okay :)
  • SexyCook
    SexyCook Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options
    First of all...You look great..and 40-50pds to lose....it's so hard to believe that..but anyways...I went from 38DD to D....I am down over 50pds....SO there is hope that you may not....
  • alyssa92982
    alyssa92982 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Everyone is different. I lost quite a bit of body fat along with the weight on top of stopping breastfeeding my little one. Needless to say I went from a good B to barely an A now. But I love to cute tank tops and t-shirts I get to wear:-)
  • cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    When I was fat I was a D. Now Im an A. Sometimes I miss my big boobs (not when its hot out though) On the plus side when your a member of the itty bitty tittie comittee, you can still find Hello Kitty bras in your size at the age of 24 :-) (a discovery I made yesterday)
  • SCVSarah
    SCVSarah Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I'm a D now, want to lose about 40lbs and I'll be barely a B when I do. I feel like that is a very small price to pay for being in shape. You can always buy them if you want to go bigger.
  • KrystieNye
    KrystieNye Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I'm the complete opposite...kind of hoping I'll lose some cup sizes w/the weight loss. If not, I'll be getting a reduction once I hit my goal!
  • jfrankic
    jfrankic Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    C cup on a big girl vs. a B cup on healthy weight/size girl......isn't is all relative and proportionate? I have lost at least a full cup size so far and just got some new (nursing) bras on Saturday. I swear, having a new bra that fit correctly on my smaller breasts made me look 10 pounds lighter....instantly!!

Wear a padded bra. Lose the weight!! Carrying an extra 40 pounds for a fuller bust is so not worth it. Love yourself - big or small - big or small breasts. Just be healthy.