Scared to lose weight because of boob loss!

Options

Replies

• MzBeckie
    MzBeckie Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I guess I nvr even thought of my boobs shrinking when I started this weight loss journey. I was more focused on my stomache, neck (I know...odd to worry about the neck. lol but I missed having one), and legs. When I was 250, I wore a bra size 38C and I'm still a 38C (45 lb total loss so far). I will say that what I have noticed though with my breasts, is that their shape has changed and I'm liking it. :) They look more uplifted.

If my breasts do go a size smaller, i would still be fine with that. I'm just wanting to lose this big belly.

Good luck on your weight loss journey. :)
  • carloc
    carloc Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    If its more than a handful its a waste. Be healthier its the right option and if your boobs get smaller you'll still have them.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    If your whole body is smaller, slightly smaller boobs probably look the same size. Most people don't dramatically change the proportions of their body, as much as we'd like to be able to.

Breasts are made of breast tissue covered with body fat. Unless you get to a really low BF% you won't lose the actual breast tissue, just the fatty icing on top. Theoretically.
  • BecomingElle
    BecomingElle Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Not everyone will lose a lot of boob, but even if you do, in my very humble opinion:

Healthy and confident girl with B cup > Unhealthy with C cup.

Love and embrace your body and look forward to what it will become as you get healthier and fitter. If you do this, I bet plenty of other will want to 'embrace' it too! :wink:

Admittedly this is my favourite comment! hahaha so thanks :) I guess that's a good way to look at it... heathy all the way!

It's also good to hear that some girls didn't lose anything... but more importantly, no one regrets a thing and that's wonderful :)
  • stretch12d
    stretch12d Posts: 27
    Options
    That's why they make implants! It's the best of both worlds!

Or push up/padded bras (who really wants foreign objects surgically implanted into their bodies anyway???). They're boobs.. so what? Isn't your overall health more important? I say embrace your smaller figure!
  • BecomingElle
    Options
    Your breasts won’t actually get bigger, but what is actually happening when you perform the right chest exercises is that you would tone the muscle underneath the breast tissue, and this will cause your chest to ‘appear’ to be bigger. Therefore, it is impossible to actually increase breast size through weight training but what you’re able to do is to only create an ‘appearance’ of bigger breasts. Isn’t that good enough?

Off to do some pectoral exercises I go! :wink:
  • BecomingElle
    Options
    That's why they make implants! It's the best of both worlds!

Or push up/padded bras (who really wants foreign objects surgically implanted into their bodies anyway???). They're boobs.. so what? Isn't your overall health more important? I say embrace your smaller figure!

Agreed. I honestly just don't think breast implants would be right for me, personally. Although I love how they could look... :)

So yes! Health comes first. And if need be, I'll just go all out on the chicken fillets and water bras :wink:
  • TArnold2012
    TArnold2012 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    I am a boob loser but at this point in my life I would rather be here for my children than have boobs. I have always had honkers so I don't really know how I will feel when I get there, but my plan is buying a padded bra if necessary.
  • smartandtrim
    smartandtrim Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Work out your pecs! I've lost 15lbs, and because of my chest workouts I've gone from a 30D to a 30E!
  • dvisser1
    dvisser1 Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    The thought that my boobs may become smaller actually makes me NOT want to lose weight :sad: hahaha
    (picture on left is not me by the way haha)

I need to lose weight for my health and self-esteem and dancing and everything, but... this just really phases me! hahaa I'm a C cup as it is with about 40-45lbs to lose. But my sister is 40-45lbs lighter than me and has the same size boobs as I do now!!! :grumble:

Does anyone else ever feel like this? :huh:

Big or small, they are still breasts and men will love them! I'd rather date a woman who is fit, healthy and happy with herself with A cup breasts than someone who is not healthy or not happy because she thinks she needs large breasts to look good.

Just this man's perspective.
  • thelovelyLIZ
    thelovelyLIZ Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    I lost some boob when I lost weight, but everything else shrunk too, so they still seem proportionate, if that makes sense.
    Also, I found my body image is much more positive despite my smaller boobs. So... there's that. Benefits outweigh the negatives.
  • secretgirl4611
    secretgirl4611 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Yeaup chances are you are gonna lose some boobage.. lol baggage that may only exist with having that extra weight on you.. At least thats how it was for me :/
    I started out a C cup now im goin down down down.. and I still have 15 pounds to lose :/
    Good luck tho, I kept literally falling off the diet wagon cuz I would see them get small and get sad then I would gain my weight back and boobs back. Now, Im just letting them get small as I get smaller.. o well... sucks!
  • HeyAmberlynne
    Options
    I went from 189lbs to 106lbs quickly and lost a ton of boob weight. I would recommend slow weight loss!
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    That's fine.

Walk around telling people "I could be thin if I wanted but, hey, check out my boobs, aren't they great?!"

People will love you for your sense of humor.

:bigsmile:

that would make a awesome shirt. :laugh:
  • anels449
    anels449 Posts: 3,187 Member
    Options
    The thought that my boobs may become smaller actually makes me NOT want to lose weight :sad: hahaha
    (picture on left is not me by the way haha)

I need to lose weight for my health and self-esteem and dancing and everything, but... this just really phases me! hahaa I'm a C cup as it is with about 40-45lbs to lose. But my sister is 40-45lbs lighter than me and has the same size boobs as I do now!!! :grumble:

I was like that at first too. But as I've been exercising and wearing sports bras more, I've come to love how I look in sports bras, and actually think I look skinnier overall with smaller-ish boobs. So don't worry hun, you'll love your body no matter what it looks like! :)

Does anyone else ever feel like this? :huh:
  • seamaiden1000
    seamaiden1000 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    At my age, 53, I need to be extra diligent in boob department. Generally blessed with good form though a 14A-12B when I had put on weight like I had never done in the past, I was very pleasantly surprised as I was spilling out of my bras! A first for me!! So you can imagine the thought of returning to my earlier weight, weighed heavily....:sad:
  • seamaiden1000
    seamaiden1000 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    ...pressed 'post' accidentally... Continuing from earlier...

After grieving the potential loss of boobs like I had never had before I decided eventually health and fitness were paramount ! Plus I did not want to replace my wardrobe and I got sick of living in a few items of stretch to the max outfits... Even so I decided not to take things without a fight. Entering the arena almost blind, I decided pec exercises were the way to go. So apart from my cardio and weight loss have been pumping iron in that department like nev before and I must say that yes, the boobs have shrunk there isn't any sag and the look is lean and healthy. Plus I decided that at my age smaller breasts that appear firmer are more youthful!! So firm and smaller now looks even better! :love:
  • tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Options
    Not everyone will lose a lot of boob, but even if you do, in my very humble opinion:

Healthy and confident girl with B cup > Unhealthy with C cup.

Love and embrace your body and look forward to what it will become as you get healthier and fitter. If you do this, I bet plenty of other will want to 'embrace' it too! :wink:

I kind of love you right now. It's nice to read this from a guy.

I lost a couple of sizes but think the fact that my entire body is healthier makes it a small price to pay.
  • cm1458
    cm1458 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    Mine got significantly smaller. I went from a 42D to a 36A. But it was worth it. Losing weight Improved my health and well being. I also dont have as much back pain now lol.
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    My band has gone down from 38-40 to 34-36. My cup size has stayed at a DD. The actual breast size has gotten smaller, though, since the cup sizing is just a calculation for the difference between band and bust size. The higher the cup, the bigger the difference. You could very well stay the same cup size or even go up a cup if they truly do not change at all.
    Now, to look up pectoral exercises. Get nature's bra doing its work. :laugh: