What would you tell your younger self?

Options

Replies

• Lotte34
    Lotte34 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    yeah, thats called a stretch mark love. You're going to get a hell of a lot more of them unless you do something about it now!
  • LesliePierceRN
    LesliePierceRN Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't go near my younger self... I would be tempted to mess everything up by giving advice, which would alter the path I've walked. There were very painful places in my life, and looking back, they were necessary to forge the steely woman I am today. If I were able to go back, simple self preservation would spur me to reach out to my younger self, but that would be counterproductive to building the character and integrity I have today because of my past trials. And, with no exaggeration, my life is very, very difficult today. I would never be able to pull it off if a moment of my past were easy. I am in a good place now, where the work is hard but so rewarding that is surpasses my wildest imaginings. I have purpose to my life and I collapse in bed every night, exhausted. That produces a contentment that I would wager could not be matched any other way.
  • gizziemonkey
    gizziemonkey Posts: 451
    Options
    Get a degree in something other than social services
  • EmmaM2211
    EmmaM2211 Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Forget that boy and concentrate on your studies, he's not worth the hassle he'll cause you!
    Dont listen to the A level teacher who advises History over Physics - you'll enjoy Physics MUCH more!
    Stop letting people take advantage of your generosity - grow a pair and learn how to say NO!
  • notaperfect10
    notaperfect10 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Get married assuming it's for life, but keep a separate bank account for when it proves not to be.

Wonderful!:drinker:
  • mrflash222
    mrflash222 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I would most certainly tell myself to sieze the day and enjoy every moment. Take advantage of every opportunity that crosses your path, for they may not ever come again.
  • lanline
    lanline Posts: 5
    Options
    Don't eat at restaurants all the time. Most importantly, exercise daily - don't wait until age 51 to finally realize what you missed all these years.

4979666.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • RhythmGypsi
    RhythmGypsi Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I honestly feel that of all the things that I've learned over the past seven months, the one nugget of wisdom that tops them all is "slow down while eating". If I had realized that by merely taking my time while eating (instead of wolfing down meals so that I could cram in more if I liked it, or get out of sticky sticky situations by excusing myself from the table early), I would never have eaten as much as I did, nor would I have ballooned to my highest weight. Slowing down and truly enjoying what I was eating never seemed like a real option. Nevertheless, I know this now, and I am ever so grateful to put it in practice on a daily basis :)

12161155.png
  • mogletdeluxe
    mogletdeluxe Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Put down the fork. Seriously. You don't want that chocolate bar/packet of crisps/slice of cake; it will only weigh you down with both fat and regret. And they last as long as each other, and whilst it's been fun in parts do you have ANY idea how hard you will have to get rid of this pudge? Stop it. Now. It's not worth the years of misery.

Aaaand...it's so much more than okay to fancy both genders. Stop torturing yourself. No, it's not bad, and no, you're not alone. Not by a long stretch. In a few years, there'll be songs at the top of the charts about girls snogging girls and you'll be tired of the sight of jailbait doing it on nights out for a free drink.

Oh, and one last thing Younger Moglet - you'll end up with one hell of a fantastic man. Be patient.
  • x0xlinds21x0x
    x0xlinds21x0x Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Stop being Young and Dumb and get things in order! Set priorities straight, and take care of yourself!
  • hbunting86
    hbunting86 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    Always appreciate the people you love in your life at that moment in time because you never know how long they're going to be there. And things rarely turn out the way you plan - don't beat yourself up about it, take it as an opportunity rather than a setback.
  • CaitlinFrost
    Options
    I would easily tell myself to not worry so much and to eat that piece of cake, loving yourself is such an amazing feeling, why not start now?

:)
  • DrJackson6
    DrJackson6 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Run, run, run as fast as you can from those two guys every time you see them. They are no good creeps. Why are you still standing there? Run!!!
  • scs143
    scs143 Posts: 2,190 Member
    Options
    That the pounds pack on real easy but you will spend years trying (and more often failing than succeeding) to get them off. I would tell myself that the tears and heartache over those losers wasn't worth it and that I would have an amazing husband one day. I would tell myself to save money and don't touch those credit cards! And be a good friend, you will need your friends later.
  • mfp_junkie
    mfp_junkie Posts: 359
    Options
    Not a thing. I'd prefer to continue to take life as it comes at me, instead of correcting some path not taken. The mistakes I've made are what I am today.
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,798 Member
    Options
    where do i begin ?? i would tell myself that even tho sex is fun, it is a lot more fun to have a career and make a bunch more money doing something you WA?NT to do instead of fast food crap.....start working out now so that fitness is fun, not a chore....have more patience.....i guess there are a bunch more depending on how young i should be talking about
  • TheSlimWithin
    Options
    The tutor at your last college hated the whole class, not just you, and that's only because he cheated on his wife...

And stop eating so much, you wastebin. :bigsmile:
  • JoDeeD
    JoDeeD Posts: 391
    Options
    Listen to your mother, no matter how old you get!
  • torylinnangel
    Options
    I would have told myself not to attempt suicide (and that it wouldn't work anyways...) I would have told myself how much it would eff up my life. and then I would tell myself to say yes to Cory...
  • hsk1019
    hsk1019 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    You think you can eat however you want to and it won't catch up to you, but....it will. Start eating better and smarter now! And drink more water.