What would you tell your younger self?

Options

Replies

• Skeels
    Skeels Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    Stop spending all of your money on Bar bills and wear a condom ;)
  • sunnymel126
    sunnymel126 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I would tell my younger self you're beautiful, finish college, work your butt off, save your money, move to NYC, and above all continue working out because that body wasn't going to work itself out.
  • mary70
    mary70 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    To avoid eating the wrong things, and avoid over eating. Exercise starting early! And eating for 20 while you are pregnant is NOT a good idea!! LOL
  • vb4evr
    vb4evr Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Listen to that gut feeling you had prior to that volleyball game. May have saved myself from a highly arthritic knee by 35.
  • mslack01
    mslack01 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    you can do it!

I just learned to tell myself this at age 35. If I had told myself this when I was younger there is no telling what I could have accomplished. But I am certainly having fun now!
  • roeann53
    roeann53 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Great Comment - (about keeping a separate bank account) I wish I had done that myself. Don't get married.. just live together... Get a DNA blood test before having children... ohhh and remember to spoil yourself sometimes and have fun!
  • jammet80
    jammet80 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    1. Don't ever taste your first cigarette...
    2. Buy the lottery with these (xxxx) numbers. :p
    3. Stop eating and start moving.

Love #2
  • starqueentnk
    starqueentnk Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Dont re-date that boy, he will rip your heart out. If you stay away, an entire year of your life will be yours to do what you want with, your grades will be better, you wont have 60 extra depression pounds to deal with, an expensive smoking habbit, or the mind mess for the years to follow.
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Don't try to be cool - be true to yourself even if the things you enjoy are considered 'nerdy'. I quit so many things I loved doing because they weren't 'cool'.

Also - say YES to opportunities you're given. They might not come along again! I passed on a free summer in Europe when I was 17 because I wanted to spend summer hanging out with my dumb boyfriend. Also, I had the chance to hike the Appalachian Trail when I was 22, but I opted to start my career instead. Both of these decisions were mistakes that I've regretted over the years.
  • kalyn_QT
    kalyn_QT Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    put the fork down. even though you are very active learn to put the fork down because you won't always be as active as you were.
  • still_crafty
    still_crafty Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    Learn to cut your losses and walk away, don’t waste your life stubbornly attempting to make things work that just don’t.

Oh and put the fork down fatty.

^ this exactly . . . but also - make/take time for yourself . . . everything else will still be there when you get back
  • rebecca_d35
    rebecca_d35 Posts: 131
    Options
    Try harder at math. Do all your homework, even when you can pass the class without it. Be nicer to your boyfriends. Oh, and play sports in high school. I really, really wish I hadn't spent my teenage years as a total slug.
  • tuneses
    tuneses Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Dont let yourself get fat when you get pregnant. Eating for 2 doesnt mean eat for 20 :/
  • linochka1969
    linochka1969 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Go spend more time with your grandparents because you will lose them. Don't fight with your mom that much; Remember when sometimes you say Good bye it might mean good bye forever. Remember that children grow so fast, enjoy every moment.
  • msbanana
    msbanana Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    To me at 16:
    Bad *kitten* happens to everybody, you're not alone. Keep your chin up and stop wishing for a miracle. Life will happen for you at it's own pace. Be patient.

To me at 21:
    Don't stop. He doesn't mean anything and this bulls**t dream you're putting your money on is just that, it's bulls**t. You're beautiful, keep running, keep laughing, keep dancing and *kitten* 'em if they can't take a joke!

To me at 25:
    For God's sake put down the f**king fork! Oh, and go kiss your Grandmother and tell her you love her. She's the reason you're not batsh*t crazy.
  • Jxnsmma
    Jxnsmma Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    Honestly?! to listen to more of my parents advice... Its kinda gross how right they really were :)
  • Kori18
    Kori18 Posts: 48
    Options
    Don't be a *****. Watching someone insult another person without sticking up for them is just as bad as saying it.
  • mali240
    mali240 Posts: 126
    Options
    Listen to the ING man when he said 'SAVE YOUR MONEY'
    Focus on school
    That guy who keeps saying he loves you, but keeps making you cry?? Yeahhhh he's just not that into you. Let it go
  • thingal12
    thingal12 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I would tell my 18-22 year old self: "Quit thinking you can solve everyone else's problems, start thinking & take better care of yourself ! Make more friends who are smarter than you & ditch the ones that only push you down!"