Coffee

Options

Replies

• iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    You will have to pry the coffee out of my cold, dead hands. I am not giving it up willingly and asking me to do so could result in bodily harm.

THIS :)
  • ahamm002
    ahamm002 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    Coffee is one of those wonderful things that's both healthy AND enjoyable! Take advantage of it! Just don't over do it on cream/milk and sugar. Get used to drinking it almost black or with a splash of milk.

Coffee is an appetite supressant, and it will also help you exercise harder!
  • yougojo170
    yougojo170 Posts: 62
    Options
    Everything in moderation. I dont think its bad for you. I can't live without my coffee in the morning. It would have to be found to be extremley bad for me to stop drinking it.
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    I am a recent convert from a day long tea drinker with much sugar (English by birth, it's unavoidable) to coffee and cream in the AM only, I have issues with unwinding so I avoid caffeine later in the day.

I have to say I love the energy kick early on and anything that cuts sugar is good by me.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Coffee is healthy. Especially the more of it you drink. Reduces risks of diabetes, stroke, heart attack, cancer, Alzheimer's, dementia and hypertension. And that's with drinking 6-7 cups a day.

Don't be scared of coffee. It hydrates and provides tons of antioxidant benefits, and the caffeine provides a boost. The only thing that makes coffee bad is when you use more cream and sugar than you do coffee.
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    You will have to pry the coffee out of my cold, dead hands. I am not giving it up willingly and asking me to do so could result in bodily harm.

THIS :)

DOUBLE this!
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    Coffee is healthy. Especially the more of it you drink. Reduces risks of diabetes, stroke, heart attack, cancer, Alzheimer's, dementia and hypertension. And that's with drinking 6-7 cups a day.

Don't be scared of coffee. It hydrates and provides tons of antioxidant benefits, and the caffeine provides a boost. The only thing that makes coffee bad is when you use more cream and sugar than you do coffee.

• cristileigh
    cristileigh Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I have one cup a day and add 1/4 scoop of body fortress protein powder... It taste like Cafe Mocha and add protein to my diet.
  • KimBerLaE
    KimBerLaE Posts: 17
    Options
    Wow. That is great.
  • Justacoffeenut
    Justacoffeenut Posts: 3,808 Member
    Options

Couldn't of said it better myself. :laugh: I haven't cut it out but have cut it down. No longer 4 pots of super strong coffee a day. I have slowly over many years cut it back to a few cups a day not a full pots worth. And when I want my treats of flavored coffees and frappe's I make my own at home lower in calories that way. But mostly I just drink it black.
  • sharleengc
    sharleengc Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    I drink 1-2 cups of coffee a day, just right in the morning. I have 1 in the morning before I go to work(probably 2-3 times a week) and then I take a cup with me to work. Once that is gone, I don't have anymore coffee the rest of the day and the cup I take to work, is usually empty by 10.

I also don't log my coffee or creamer. I don't use that and it hasn't affected my progress. Coffee/creamer is the ONLY thing I don't log but it works for me.

Now, if you are one of those people that uses a little bit of coffee up their cup of cream - definitely log it!
  • brianblinn
    brianblinn Posts: 70 Member
    Options

In all seriousness, I've been drinking coffee (with flavored creamer) all along and I've lost 56lbs and kept it off for 2 years.

I'd still drink coffee as a zombie! MMM brains... dipped in my coffee!
  • TequillaLover89
    TequillaLover89 Posts: 260 Member
    Options

6-7 cups a day is more than a pick me up, that sounds similar to cocaine or crack.. That being said I lovee black coffee (no sugar no cream, they ruin the yummy dark flavor). I drink 2-3 cups a week and have lost/maintained weight loss. It helps me as an appetite suppressant in the afternoon.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options

6-7 cups a day is more than a pick me up, that sounds similar to cocaine or crack.. That being said I lovee black coffee (no sugar no cream, they ruin the yummy dark flavor). I drink 2-3 cups a week and have lost/maintained weight loss. It helps me as an appetite suppressant in the afternoon.
    So, 100 oz or more of water is ok, but 36-42 oz of coffee a day is crack addiction? A cup of coffee is 6 oz.
  • TequillaLover89
    TequillaLover89 Posts: 260 Member
    Options

So, 100 oz or more of water is ok, but 36-42 oz of coffee a day is crack addiction? A cup of coffee is 6 oz.
    caffiene is a drug (a stimulent), water is not.
  • tinabell153
    tinabell153 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    as long as you don't put a ton of creamer and sugar in it i think it's good for you even when dieting.
  • damienneadle
    Options
    It should increase your metabolic rate because caffeine is a stimulant, therefore your body will undergo more metabolic pathways allowing more calories to be burned :)
  • krazyforyou
    krazyforyou Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    You are not getting my coffee, dont care if it is radioactive. Drink it with bailys flavored creamer and 1 equal and 1 sweet n low. Iced or hot dont care.
  • pgp90xer
    pgp90xer Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Love it!!! Would write more but I don't want to spill my coffee!!!!
  • corrinnebrown
    corrinnebrown Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I have 2 cups a day. Period.