Coffee

Options

Replies

• Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Caffeine can act as an appetite suppressant and is a stimulant so it can increase your metabolism, the degree by which is variable and dependant on a bunch of factors (like quantity, tolerance etc). Coffee also contains anti-oxidants.

Edited to fix typo.
  • kaddydaddy
    kaddydaddy Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    IDK about the particular role coffee has with metabolism, but I know it makes me move around a lot more! IMHO, it's helpful for weight loss, as it's a stimulant and has no calories on it's own. But make sure to balance it out with water, and don't trust the scales after drinking it, as it messes with water retention.
  • dandelion39
    dandelion39 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    <
    Coffee addict. I've been known to take an espresso machine on vacation with me.
  • DesignGuy
    DesignGuy Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Coffee is A-ok. Of course if you molest it with sugar, creamer, caramel, chocolate, whipped cream and other crap, it's no longer coffee.

I people watch at Starbucks at 7am just to see the **** they are slurping down. Sadly, I'm gaining weight just watching. :)

I lost 50 lbs so far from my highest fat-*kitten* point and didn't cut out black coffee. Doing just fine.
  • DesignGuy
    DesignGuy Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    <
    Coffee addict. I've been known to take an espresso machine on vacation with me.

THIS! :)
  • jlb1191
    jlb1191 Posts: 8
    Options
    I feel the same way...LOL I think coffee keeps me moving and curbs appetite!
  • bbateman123
    bbateman123 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I have 1 monster size cup in the morning, with just a little no calorie sweetener. This is after I have a Monster Rehab, usually Green Tea or Rojo Tea.
  • Jezebel9
    Jezebel9 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I love coffee with cream and real sugar. But I am pretty sensitive to caffeine and live in a desert - high and very dry... so, in the end, coffee is not good for me. I still do it from time to time, but have to double up on the water intake. Good luck.
  • khloee1
    khloee1 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Coffee is a must for me! Everyday any time :) I use to go to Starbucks all the time. Now, if I go its a treat and I get a iced latte with non fat milk. If I am naughty I get a white mocha, no whip, non fat...my fav! Otherwise, I brew at home add splenda and 1 table spoon of Hazelnut. LOVE COFFEE :drinker:
  • DarkFlutter
    DarkFlutter Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I drink just one cup in the morning at work to start the day. It's the only liquid caffeine I have on a regular basis.
    I like it strong and black. Used to add Sugar in the Raw...very yummy...but it was the first thing I cut when cutting back on sugar intake.

I have the opposite reaction to caffeine, in that it makes me tired. I could drink a full pot of coffee before bed and not have any problems sleeping. So that's not much of an issue for me.

As for the appetite part of your question. I'm not sure. I usually have a light breakfast with it, cereal bar/oatmeal/etc.
  • shaynak112
    shaynak112 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    I drink coffee 1-2 times a week. My work schedule is different from day to day, from week to week (sometimes I start at 9 AM, sometimes I start at 2 PM ... it's different every day!) so, when I have to start work at 9 AM, I drink coffee (that's usually like once or twice a week).
    I don't think it's helped or hindered my weight loss. I guess it makes me less hungry in the morning. If anything, it would help my weight loss.
    Coffee itself doesn't have calories. I put in fake sugar and a bit of soy milk. Soy milk is the only thing with any calories, for the most part, and it isn't really substantial.
    Go coffee!
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    Morning ritual. Comforting. Tastes good. Full of antioxidants. And it's temporary energy... gets me into the weight room & lifting in the morning.
  • still_crafty
    still_crafty Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    You will have to pry the coffee out of my cold, dead hands. I am not giving it up willingly and asking me to do so could result in bodily harm.

In all seriousness, I've been drinking coffee (with flavored creamer) all along and I've lost 56lbs and kept it off for 2 years.

^^ this exactly . . . I've lost 32 pounds since January and haven't given up anything, much less my coffee
  • LilRedRooster
    LilRedRooster Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    I don't diet. I just eat and exercise for the lifestyle that makes me happiest.

Coffee makes me happy. Therefore, it is good, and all is good in the world when there is coffee.
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    it's better than a teabag
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    it's better than a teabag

lmfao...if you take my coffee:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS8GDKAe9QnU6nPxeaBKZCWOKIjl0Aa-Iv3DEaVuAslVbuM2wi-4zV5OCkj
  • mdj1501
    mdj1501 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    You will have to pry the coffee out of my cold, dead hands. I am not giving it up willingly and asking me to do so could result in bodily harm.

In all seriousness, I've been drinking coffee (with flavored creamer) all along and I've lost 56lbs and kept it off for 2 years.
    I love my french vanilla!!!

Yes!! Me too!!
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    I have coffee with half and half AND sugar most everyday. That is my breakfast, I usually cannot eat 3-4 hours after waking up without feeling sick - so, for me the 140 calories I spend end up balancing out (though I do consume too much sugar a lot). If I am hungry when I wake up, I have black coffee and "real food".

Also, gross as it is, coffee helps keep me regular. ;)
  • mdj1501
    mdj1501 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    I live on coffee... YUM!!

OH.. exactly! My diary is open... it is the one thing I can't give up!!
  • susiesweets
    Options
    Coffee is a necessity for me. I gave it up for 8 months last year/ start of this year and have fallen back into drinking it. Coffee is my drug. I only stopped because I don't need the pick-me up on the weekends and was having horrible migraines due to the withdraw. Monday afternoons I was better again after my 2nd cup. Coffee is pretty much my only source of caffeine and I'm thrilled it's low calorie and fits in with my plan!