what foods dont have protein in?

Options
13»

Replies

• LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo Posts: 3,634 Member
    Options
    i weighed 132 pound how many grams of protiten am i alloud to eat?

at least from 120-132g, you need to eat at least 1g/lb of body weight whether you're trying to lose weight or maintenance & slightly higher if your goal is to build muscle.
  • bathsheba_c
    bathsheba_c Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    MFP has the protein target set at 15% of calories, which is the level recommended by the US government. A "high-protein" diet is anything above 30% of calories according to WebMD. For people who do not have a medical condition requiring limited protein intake, no danger has been associated with going on a diet where 30-45% of calories come from protein (again, according to WebMD).

So don't sweat going over on protein just because the numbers turn red. And don't sweat going even double over your protein target. :flowerforyou:
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    i weighed 132 pound how many grams of protiten am i alloud to eat?

at least from 120-132g, you need to eat at least 1g/lb of body weight whether you're trying to lose weight or maintenance & slightly higher if your goal is to build muscle.

Why does anyone "need" to eat this much protein?

Most of the advice from bodybuilders on MFP that I've seen say either .8 - 1 gram of protein per lb of lean body mass or 1 g per kg of total body weight. And even that is probably not going to be beneficial unless you are doing fairly intense lifting.

What is the advantage of going to 1 gram per pound of total body weight, and do you have any science to back it up?