hit a wall

Options
13»

Replies

• Drevious
    Drevious Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    :blushing: :blushing: :blushing: :blushing: :blushing: :blushing: :blushing: :blushing:

Ultimate advice!!!!! Buy yourself something you look great in and ENJOY how great you look!!!! Celebrate where you are!!!

Then, ask yourself honestly: Is this a plato or have I finally made it to my perfect weight?

Notice I said "perfect" and not "ideal." Sometimes if you aren't loosing anymore weight and you are eating and exercising then maybe this is where your body is at its best. If you are determined to loose more, try doing a totally new exercise. Get into doing something you never would have tried before. Paddle boarding, tennis, whatever you want. If you change your exercise routine once a month then you keep your body guessing and that scale moving!
  • sbalile
    sbalile Posts: 5
    Options
    Thanks for the words of encouragement, but I'm overweight and I need to lose weight. I didn't hit a plateau. I have only lost 2 lbs altogether. I was about 40 lbs less, just 4 years ago. Wondering if my metabolism is just that bad.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I'm supposed to eat 1240 a day and I eat about that. If I exercise, I eat those calories too. That was what was suggested by myfitnesspal.
    If you post your age, height, weight and workout routine, I will take a look for your calorie needs.
  • psuLemon
    Options
    I have been eating 1400 calories a day. If it is a day I do double workouts, I will go up to 1500 calories.
    I have myself set up for 45% carb, 25% fat and 30% protein. I usually hit those %'s daily ( give or take some days)
    Man I am good. P90X alone will require you to eat 1800 calories by following the nutrition guide. It could be more. I know women doing insanity that are 5'2, 119 lbs and doing 2100 calories.

You can either bump up your calories to 1800 on X days, and 200 on double workout days, or you can post your height, weight and age and we can figure out a more precise number.

I'm 36, 5 ft 4, 142 lbs.

Based on your stats, you should be at 1750 on P90X days only and 2000 on days you do more. Or if it's a typical thing, eat at 1900 and split the different.

And with this method you do NOT eat back your exercise calories as its included in your tdee calculation.
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    I have been eating 1400 calories a day. If it is a day I do double workouts, I will go up to 1500 calories.
    I have myself set up for 45% carb, 25% fat and 30% protein. I usually hit those %'s daily ( give or take some days)

Lol double workouts.

simply put, if you are dieting you are putting the body under immense stress.
    Add to that an intense workout and its asking for progress issues.

Slow down!

The body isnt getting all the nutrients it needs in the first place hence, weight loss!

Slow down!

The body isnt getting enough nutrients and now you work out double?!
    Hence...the plateau.

I can almost guarantee if you do your workout routine 3 days a week youll se better results.
  • sbalile
    sbalile Posts: 5
    Options
    If I friend you, can you access my info?
  • mk9562
    mk9562 Posts: 186
    Options
    I'm doing P90X, therefore exercising 3x a week ONLY is not an option for me. I spoke with someone last night and I'm going to increase my calories and go from there.
    I don't consider myself on a "diet". I have changed my lifestyle and eating habits.
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    Man I am good. P90X alone will require you to eat 1800 calories by following the nutrition guide. It could be more. I know women doing insanity that are 5'2, 119 lbs and doing 2100 calories.

You can either bump up your calories to 1800 on X days, and 200 on double workout days, or you can post your height, weight and age and we can figure out a more precise number.

I'm 36, 5 ft 4, 142 lbs.

Based on your stats, you should be at 1750 on P90X days only and 2000 on days you do more. Or if it's a typical thing, eat at 1900 and split the different.

I'm so afraid I'm going to gain with highter calories. eeekkk

The chances are...you will gain, but it's temporary and will go back down eventually once your body is adjusted. Well that happened to me. :)
  • psuLemon
    Options
    I'm doing P90X, therefore exercising 3x a week ONLY is not an option for me. I spoke with someone last night and I'm going to increase my calories and go from there.
    I don't consider myself on a "diet". I have changed my lifestyle and eating habits.
    I don't think anyone is suggesting only working out 3 times a week, but you don't need to workout 2-3 times a day. It is just as critical to rest and repair your muscles as it is to exercise. When you move onto P90X2, you will see this. The eliminated doubles and added another flexibility/recovery day. But if you like to workout twice a day, then you need to eat to back that, which will probably put you around 2400-2700 calories. Your body needs fuel to burn fat and if you don't fuel it, it will burn muscle instead. This is why I say, losing weight will make you look good in clothes, cutting fat will make you look good naked.
  • mk9562
    Options
    Well it was almost 3 weeks ago I increased my calories. I did initially gain. Which I was close to re adjusting again. But decided come on 1 more week with the higher calorie plan. Today I'm down 2.6 lbs. I think I finally broke that wall and I hope it keeps coming down.
  • psuLemon
    Options
    Well it was almost 3 weeks ago I increased my calories. I did initially gain. Which I was close to re adjusting again. But decided come on 1 more week with the higher calorie plan. Today I'm down 2.6 lbs. I think I finally broke that wall and I hope it keeps coming down.
    And how many calories are you eating?
  • mk9562
    Options
    1700 cal goal now.. Was 1400.. However, when I do kickboxing ( which I burn and avg. of 1000 in 80 min class) I eat a little more.