Just ate a doughnut

Options

Replies

• Lovestoscrapbook
    Lovestoscrapbook Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    It's a doughnut... U didn't just run over a toddler... Just let it go....

This made me laught out loud. Way to put things in perspective...
  • sweetpotatofry
    sweetpotatofry Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    It's okay! Just don't let yourself get too upset about it. I had eleven Rolos and 30+ pieces of Brookside dark chocolate-covered pomegranate today, and still managed to stay within my calories. It'll be okay!
  • Funsoaps
    Funsoaps Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    This is a good attitude to have.

I go off diet sometimes and then (in the past) would just beat myself up about it, say I can't do it, negativity, etc and just think the whole diet thing is off for good, lol. But the fact is you can have off diet periods of times and then just get right back on it and you'll be fine.

I ate a whole pizza yesterday. And it was delicious. :love: :laugh:

Seriously, we will all make choices that others will question, but if a donut is how you choose to spend your calories, so be it! Personally, if I didn't treat myself to little things here and there (and sometimes not-so-little things as well!), I would have quit this whole thing a long time ago.

Just keep going, and remember that it isn't just ONE decision that determines how you will fare long-term, it's the sum of all the little decisions you make along the way. One decision, bad or good, won't change much of anything! Making better choices the norm is what you want, and occasional blips on the radar be darned! Just make sure the blips are a once-in-a-while and not the norm!
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    when i mess up and eat something i wasn't supposed to, i just drink lots and lots of water and make sure i'm on point for the next few days.
    unscheduled cheats aren't all bad! you probably deserved it.
  • BobbieLee1959
    BobbieLee1959 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    You ate a doughnut. You also:

Admitted to yourself and others that you ate the doughnut.
    You owned your choice.
    You are now accountable.
    You know what you have to do to compensate for that doughnut.
    You just made hundreds of strangers now want the hell out of a doughnut.

Good work, keep it up!

WC

I, too, had a donut yesterday...I had 1/4 at breakfast...110 calories, 1/4 at dinner...110 more calories and 1/2 this morning...for 220 calories...I worked out tonight 487 calories...I worked off that donut and ate sensibly for the rest of my calories...I do not regret that donut, I am not beating myself up over it...I enjoyed each bite and feel good about ALL my choices...YUM! That was a good donut...
  • BobbieLee1959
    BobbieLee1959 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    MMm I love doughnuts. What kind? I can't find a Long John in the south to save my life! Someone needs to mail me one. Glazed with chocolate icing please.

P.S. I ate 6 Rocher Balls today. I still have enough calories for dinner.

Oh My Goodnes...I hade one of those Saturday/Sunday...one cream filled long john...I ate in three installments...it was chocolate iced and delicious!! YUM
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    It's a doughnut... U didn't just run over a toddler... Just let it go....

I seriously laughed out loud at this.
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    MMm I love doughnuts. What kind? I can't find a Long John in the south to save my life! Someone needs to mail me one. Glazed with chocolate icing please.

P.S. I ate 6 Rocher Balls today. I still have enough calories for dinner.

Oh My Goodnes...I hade one of those Saturday/Sunday...one cream filled long john...I ate in three installments...it was chocolate iced and delicious!! YUM

Must... get... long john...

:grumble:
  • Jenyphur
    Jenyphur Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I too love the toddler comment. Too funny.

Although I have been super strict and clean these past 8 weeks, I DID allow myself one or two (ok....you caught me...3!) glasses of wine over the past 8 weeks. :)
  • gchutson
    gchutson Posts: 657
    Options
    Just ate a toddler.

Now I am trying to get past the guilt, because I have been SUPER strict these past three weeks.
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    Just ate a toddler.

Now I am trying to get past the guilt, because I have been SUPER strict these past three weeks.

You know babies are FULL of carbs right? now you're going to gain 10 pounds.
  • gchutson
    Options
    Just ate a toddler.

I did extra situps today.
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options

Hmmm

You can have all the doughnuts you want as long as you only eat the hole.... All the calories are on the outside portions... Seriously though, a doughnut is ok... Moderation in all things. You can even have a piece of cake or a piece of candy.. .Just do it in small quantities. You will be just fine.
  • piratesaregrand
    piratesaregrand Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Great.

I had just forgotten about the lamington I wanted so badly last night.

Now I'm seconds away from driving to the shop for both a lamington and a doughnut.

Hahaha :(
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Just ate a toddler.

as long as you ate it before 7pm, you'll be fine!
  • gchutson
    Options
    Just ate a toddler.

I can't find "toddler" in the Food Log.
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    I hope it was Boston Cream.
  • CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    Just ate a toddler.

I can't find "toddler" in the Food Log.

Look under "Baby Shake". Not to be confused with Shake a' Baby.
  • jdhosier
    jdhosier Posts: 315 Member
    Options

Hmmm
    Pretty sure you are gonna die now.... Oh, wait. If a cheating a bit kills you, I would be dead many, many times over. No worries.
  • phillieschic
    phillieschic Posts: 615
    Options
    So go run it off...

No sweat! It's all about give and take. Eat the doughnut, yum. Burn off the calories, gone. :drinker: