Black Team Week 14!!!!

Options
Ok guys,

It's wednesday so time for a new thread. This week we are going to revisit one of my favorite challenges. Marla was the first to put this one out there and it is SOOOO important that we revisit this one once in a while. Take captive every morsel. EVERYTHING weighted, measured and logged. Do not eat so much as a single M&M without logging it. This one always has a great impact on the scale and I know I could use some focus in this area. (Note* those of you who are away from home and therefore away from their food scales and measuring cups may continue jumping jacks or pushups in place of this challenge.) Those of you who are not away from your measuring devices. You get no option. You measure and you like it.

*Side note-I did TWO PULL UPS AT THE GYM TONIGHT!....I have NEVER been able to do that at any other point in my life. woohoo!!

:drinker:

Replies

• arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Andrew, great challenge and reminder.

WOOT on the pull ups!!

The trainer had me do reverse pull ups. I had to grab the bars and jump up, then slowly come back down using ever freaking muscle in the upper body! WOW even my upper ab muscles are sore today!

But a pull up........no way!!

:flowerforyou: Jeannie
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options
    Okie dokie!

I have no idea whether I can do pull ups or not, because I'm not sure there is a bar in the gym...but now I am intrigued since I'm all buff and everything. :laugh:
  • renae77
    renae77 Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Good evening everyone! Great challenge again Andrew as usual! And so sorry to hear the bicycle seat at the gym is so rough. We replaced the seat on my bike too so I do understand. You would think they would make them all for comfort but oh heck no!

Tamara-Your new pic is great! You are looking awesome! Keep it up lady!!

Tae-You are doing great too! All of you are a true inspiration to us all.

Truthfully it has been a while since I have actually logged my foods. I have been keeping what I eat to a minimum and no junk foods for the most part so I would assume I am doing good. But guess that doesn't always work that way either. But the scale has been in my favor for some reason. This morning I didn't have any change so I guess that is better than gaining. I do need to start working out more again. I have slacked off since I have been working so hard at work and since we went back on full time again. I know it isn't an excuse but I am just admitting it to everyone. I need that good swift kick back in gear. I have 2 weeks until my birthday party and I would like to lose some more but I feel like I'm not doing as bad as I had been before. So good luck to everyone!!! Have a great night!

And btw, September 15th starts the new season of The Biggest Loser! Just saw the previews!!!
  • loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Tag for later! :flowerforyou:
  • musicmom04
    musicmom04 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    yes dear :laugh:

actually, this one will be easy since i do all that stuff anyway
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Okie dokie!

I have no idea whether I can do pull ups or not, because I'm not sure there is a bar in the gym...but now I am intrigued since I'm all buff and everything. :laugh:

I am telling , try the back wards one. I LOL til I tried...check that..........was forced to do it. 3 sets of 5

It was on the assisted pull up machine, which I do every saturday. I was like, woot, she will be surprised at how good I am at this. She unhinges the knee pad-and shows me. OH CRUD.

the first 3 are ok, then whew. new parts of my arms are hurting...........which is the whole idea!!

I love challenges!!:glasses:
  • arewethereyet
    Options

I love your Av:love:
    You look so happy and glowing! SO beautiful!:heart:
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    Good challenge, although I think I will continue the jumping jack one also. It is refreshing to do them now and know I can. :laugh:

Jeannie, I admire you, I am not sure I am brave enough to turn myself over to a trainer. I think they may leave me dead in the middle of the floor in a puddle.
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    this is great, yesterday i only logged a portion of what i ate, and logged no exercise, although i did eat more and i did exercise quite a bit. just wasn't feeling it.

puts me back on track
  • musicmom04
    musicmom04 Posts: 670 Member
    Options

I love your Av:love:
    You look so happy and glowing! SO beautiful!:heart:

aww shucks :blushing: thanks jeannie :heart:
  • Thin4payton
    Thin4payton Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Great challenge this week! Can't wait to see how the scale reacts! Good luck everyone and have a great day!!
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Good challenge, although I think I will continue the jumping jack one also. It is refreshing to do them now and know I can. :laugh:

Jeannie, I admire you, I am not sure I am brave enough to turn myself over to a trainer. I think they may leave me dead in the middle of the floor in a puddle.

Ha Amanda............I asked her if their was oxygen masks that fall from the sky if I pass out.

When I became light headed she reminded me of when we were kids and would spin and spin to get just this same feeling. Enjoy it, she said, because you have 1 minute until your next set:laugh: :laugh:

It really isnt that bad. She makes me use muscles in a different way. I like it a LOT. I could become addicted like the Arthur Murry lil ol ladies that shucked out thousands of dollars to dance with a handsome man in the 80's!!:laugh:

:flowerforyou: Jeannie
  • familygirl37167
    familygirl37167 Posts: 2,088 Member
    Options
    Ok everyone so I am so proud to be a momma this morning, my son who remind you is 11 came home from school yesterday with a paper to join cross country training, I was happy because I am just getting into the running anf I fugured it he is gonna try out for cross country I would always have someone to run with even if I had to go to his school and practice with him. How great would that be to see my son make such a great life choice so early in life. So I asked him if he wanted to wake up at 5 am and go running 5 miles with me, he said sure and was so excited, so this morning he was awake before I was and ready, he didnt quite make it the whole 5 miles but did do 3.75 miles why should I be mad at him for that he was out there trying.

Also, another proud moment, you know he only started school 2 weeks ago, I give him a snack bag full of chips and one of his friends got his big ole bag of chips out of his lunch box and he said to my son thats all the chips you get and my son replied I only need a taste not the whole bag. He is listening in a round about way...:heart::heart: :heart: :heart:

Also,Andrew great challange but I am like beth on this one I log everything, and weigh everything that goes into my mouth, think I will continue with the jumping jack.

Thanks to everyone for the picture comments
  • ksproston
    ksproston Posts: 6,917 Member
    Options
    Great challenge. Last time we had this challenge I never did make it for a scale. Guess I've got no excuse now....just need to do it.

Scale was kind to me this morning. I may be seeing 28lbs lost on my ticker soon. I hope, hope, hope.
  • 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,753 Member
    Options
    Good challenge Andrew. As I was reading it I asked myself how many of our challenges over 14 weeks I really did, like for real, the whole week. Not too many. Time to man up here!

I'm happy my kids are back to school Monday, I'm happy routines are about to start again. I'm happy I will have the time to put back into focusing on me. I've had a hard time staying focused and on task this summer. I'm ready to start fresh.

Logging all my foods is a great way to start off on a new foot!
  • MTGirl
    MTGirl Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Nice challenge Andrew! I missed yesterday - didn't get to play at all :cry: Just for 5 mins right before I left, then got caught up in that stupid PETA thread. :grumble:

I will log today - no weight change again, but I'm glad it's not going up anymore! I'm really having a hard time with stress and lack of sleep. Will weigh & measure & log everything! School starts Wed. here. Can't wait - even though baby girl will start Kindergarten - can't believe it.
  • supersarah79
    Options
    This is the exact challenge I need THANKS. So my son started school today and I am sad to see him go but happy to be back to routine. I think it will really help the eating. So I dropped the kiddo off at school and took the other two for a run/walk of just over 3 miles.
    Good Luck to everyone!

Good job on the pull up that is totally a goal for me. I have never ever done one.
  • Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options
    Naughty boy alert!!!!!-Had a "hungry" day today. the body was just screaming to be fed. I have 1360 calories worth of naughty to get rid of at the gym tonight. Oh golly. Here we go!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • familygirl37167
    familygirl37167 Posts: 2,088 Member
    Options
    Naughty boy alert!!!!!-Had a "hungry" day today. the body was just screaming to be fed. I have 1360 calories worth of naughty to get rid of at the gym tonight. Oh golly. Here we go!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

OIts funny that you said this because about 3 o clock my stomach said i am starving and I was like fight it fight it fight it and then I gave in and had 2 big ole bowls of cereal and instantly threw up I am thinking it was from the sugar. It was cinnamon toast cruch, so I did jillian micheals work out plus ran my 5 miles this morning.

Hope everyone has a great day
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    Andrew, this is a great challenge because I just ate 5 Cheetos that my daughter was eating before my brain was like what am I doing. These don't even taste that good. Then I had to go log it. I need this challenge!