Options
13»

Replies

• jfernandez10
    Options
    "Oh you carry your weight well because you're tall!"
    "Oh it's easier for you to look skinny because you're tall!"

NO, that is NOT how it works.
    I carry my weight well because I work out. I still weigh more than a lot of people who are "bigger" than me. It's not because I'm secretly fat and hiding it with my height. It's because I'm freakin tall so I weigh more.
    I don't carry my weight well because I'm tall....I carry my weight well because I work out!!!!

End rant.

I too am on the other end, I'm only 5 foot, but everyone thinks I'm naturally skinny because I am short. Everyone tells me, "oh you're lucky you get to eat whatever you want becuase you're so petite", but I'm "so petite" because I work my @$$ off to be this way.
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    "Oh you carry your weight well because you're tall!"
    "Oh it's easier for you to look skinny because you're tall!"

NO, that is NOT how it works.
    I carry my weight well because I work out. I still weigh more than a lot of people who are "bigger" than me. It's not because I'm secretly fat and hiding it with my height. It's because I'm freakin tall so I weigh more.
    I don't carry my weight well because I'm tall....I carry my weight well because I work out!!!!

End rant.

I too am on the other end, I'm only 5 foot, but everyone thinks I'm naturally skinny because I am short. Everyone tells me, "oh you're lucky you get to eat whatever you want becuase you're so petite", but I'm "so petite" because I work my @$$ off to be this way.

I feel your pain girl!! Well keep doing what you're doing and ignore that junk!
  • coachblt
    coachblt Posts: 1,090
    Options
    People say the craziest things. Not sure if they are trying to be cordial, respectful or politically correct to spare your feelings. Either way, it's annoying.

I don't care what most people say about my body. It's about me, not them. That's about the one thing in my life that I will be selfish about.

Now - some people don't look heavier than they are because of their height; I do believe that. Conversely, some people look heavier due to their small stature. In other words, some people "carry their weight" differently.

Sorry...I just wanted to say! Carry On!
  • Jalyst79
    Jalyst79 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    "Who has two thumbs and blah blah blah . This guy"
  • 1985Andy
    1985Andy Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    This used to be my excuse until South Park ruined it:

71037_306746160249_5153582_n.jpg

Lmfao....another one of Cartman's great quotes..."I'm fat but you're ugly. At least I can work out." haha

A bit like the classic Winston Churchill quote when his PA called him a drunk:

I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.