Guys vs Ladies

Options
13»

Replies

• meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    Oversimplified crap, FTW!

There is SO much that goes into sexy, fit, healthy, not to mention gender stereotypes are SUCH a loaded topic. There's no simplistic answer to this.
    An ok looking guy and an ok looking female go into a bar. Who has a better chance of going home with someone?

We all know the answer.

Getting sex does not necessarily equate to sexiness.
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    A woman's body was made for beauty. A man's body was made for function. If he looks like he would function well, he's attractive. :tongue:
  • _binary_jester_
    _binary_jester_ Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    An ok looking guy and an ok looking female go into a bar. Who has a better chance of going home with someone?

We all know the answer.

First of all your photo freaks me out. Second of all, if the guy is charming enough he'd get a girl...

SEEE! a guy has to be charming

a girl just have to flick her hair

ETA..if she doesn't have hair..show legs or something
    I have seen moms show up in sweats with wet hair and look sexy as he'll.

Guy shows up in sweats and it looks like he crawled out of him mom's basement.
  • mslack01
    mslack01 Posts: 823 Member
    Options

We all know the answer.

The clown! He gets the girl every time!
    that only occurs until we get home, the shoes come off and the truth comes out.

What did I tell you about ships???
  • EvanKeel
    EvanKeel Posts: 1,904 Member
    Options
    We could put it in economic terms by comparing how much women spend on cosmetics, clothing, etc to how much men spend on their analogous items.

I'm guessing women end up working harder. Whether or not they need to is another matter.
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options

We all know the answer.

First of all your photo freaks me out. Second of all, if the guy is charming enough he'd get a girl...

"A guy actually has to be something, a girl just has to be pretty."

WHAT a tragedy it must be to actually have to have a personality to get laid. A personality- something you can change, effect, manipulate, as opposed to good looks where natural limitations can prevent you from reaching an objective standard (such as breast size).

It's SO hard being a sexy guy.
  • mslack01
    mslack01 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    I have no doubt that a nice appearance can trigger a response first. However, speaking from experience, my eyes are usually drawn to the guy who can make me laugh or the guy who can dance.

Flipping the coin, I am not the prettiest girl in the room, but I get hit on a lot. I get told that it is because I am the one smiling and dancing and I look friendly.
  • kimber0607
    kimber0607 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    Ladies have it easier
  • _binary_jester_
    Options

We all know the answer.

"A guy actually has to be something, a girl just has to be pretty."

WHAT a tragedy it must be to actually have to have a personality to get laid. A personality- something you can change, effect, manipulate, as opposed to good looks where natural limitations can prevent you from reaching an objective standard (such as breast size).

It's SO hard being a sexy guy.
    I am sure there are guys that can go to a bar with equal success. I am just saying all things being equal to a female has an easier time of it.
  • _binary_jester_
    Options
    I have no doubt that a nice appearance can trigger a response first. However, speaking from experience, my eyes are usually drawn to the guy who can make me laugh or the guy who can dance.

Flipping the coin, I am not the prettiest girl in the room, but I get hit on a lot. I get told that it is because I am the one smiling and dancing and I look easy.
    Fixed that for you.

...and hush! She is on my friend's list. Put away the torches and pitchforks.
  • tinabell153
    tinabell153 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Sigh. I am so over this thread.
  • MoveTheMountain
    Options
    So, my boyfriend said to me the other day that girls don't have to work hard to be sexy. They just need to not shove food in their face and have big boobs. He said guys on the other hand have to work out and get chiseled to be sexy.

His reasoning for bringing up this conversation was that he saw it on a video game forum.

I say this is NONSENSE! Girls have to work hard to be fit! And not all of us are big breasted so does that mean we aren't SEXY?

This really made me mad and he couldn't understand why I was so upset. What do you guys and gals think?

I'm thinking my bf is shallow. Even though he is with me and I have small boobs and am in no way close to model body type.

First off, a video game forum? Really? That's where he goes for advice about what is and isn't sexy? That's just too funny!

Also, at first you asked about whether girls have to work harder at being 'sexy,' and then you changed it to being 'fit.' Those aren't the same thing. If the question is about being fit, then some people are lucky and don't have to work as hard as others, but it's not a gender thing. If the question is about being sexy... well, actually, it turns out that the answer is probably more or less the same.

As you start getting on in years, you realize that sexy is way more of an attitude than it is a physical quality. That doesn't mean that physical attractraction doesn't play into it, but at the end of the day, who really wants to be with an attractive *kitten*? Sure, guys will joke that they do, but (unless there's something wrong with them) they don't. I would guess it's the same for women.
  • MoveTheMountain
    Options

We all know the answer.

I think that says more about guys than it does about the people who walked into the bar...