just started a grapefruit cleanse....

Options
looked up this cleanse online... so far its working well.

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,112 Member
    Options
    I don't understand....and you posted this why? Your body does a great job of "cleansing" without any grapefruit at all.

• sudniknico
    sudniknico Posts: 11
    Options
    can she not post this and perhaps enlighten other people..
  • tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    I'm interested in it...
  • Khloe_Nichole
    Options
    when u change ur diet it can cause ur body to not cleanse naturally. or u could not be eating enough food to do so. cleasing ur body of toxins is a good thing and it can boost ur weight loss.
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    whatever you want to do to help you shed your weight is wonderful. at least you're doing something!
  • Khloe_Nichole
    Options
    thanks
  • katemme
    katemme Posts: 191
    Options
    What toxins?
  • 32nissy
    32nissy Posts: 67
    Options
    bump
  • sudniknico
    sudniknico Posts: 11
    Options
    Ignore this post
  • Kathy53925
    Kathy53925 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I started with a 3 day cleanse..but mine was all fruits and veggies of several kinds. Veggies were mostly fresh boiled broccoli, cauliflower, and baby carrots. fruits were strawberries, bananas, gala apples, and bing cherries. (I think that was it)

I lost 6 pounds..
  • spammyanna
    spammyanna Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    So do you only eat grapefruit?
  • skinnylove00
    skinnylove00 Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    are you literally JUST eating grapefruit?! not to mention its loaded with sugar and carbs, but where are you getting your protein? i feel like i would look and be so weak after just eating grapefruits for a couple of days.

bottom line, i dont think its healthy and i feel like you might re-gain the water weight youre losing with a silly diet like this :huh:
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    tigerpalm.jpg

...sigh

tigerpalm2.png

Your liver and kidneys cleanse your body, that's what they do.
  • Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    How to successfully do the grapefruit cleanse.

Take a grapefruit, cut it in half, then squeeze the juice into your eyes. The resulting burning sensation will burn extra calories through the body activating to remove the foreign toxin from said eye area, as well as elevating heart rate.

Do this every four hours to keep the metabolism burning at optimal levels.

WINNING!
  • hulkklogan
    hulkklogan Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I commend you for your effort in losing weight, but 'cleansing' is all but a sham. You drop nothing but water weight. Your kidneys and liver will take care of any cleansing your body needs so long as you drink plenty of water. Crash diets are tough on your body and you'd be better served by dieting properly. But good luck and I wish you the best of health.
  • Khloe_Nichole
    Options
    GRAPEFRUIT AND VEGGIES,
  • KrisyKat
    KrisyKat Posts: 749 Member
    Options

Take a grapefruit, cut it in half, then squeeze the juice into your eyes. The resulting burning sensation will burn extra calories through the body activating to remove the foreign toxin from said eye area, as well as elevating heart rate.

WINNING!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • bradthemedic
    bradthemedic Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    There's a huge reason why people fail at losing weight. This may be a combination of all of them. Lack of education, laziness, poor information, and lack of general health training from any kind of governing body that wants to help people instead of sell people like OP a bunch of nonsense.
  • spammyanna
    spammyanna Posts: 871 Member
    Options

WINNING!

So that's what I was doing wrong! I was cutting it in quarters...
  • caiialily
    caiialily Posts: 28
    Options
    I commend you for your effort in losing weight, but 'cleansing' is all but a sham. You drop nothing but water weight. Your kidneys and liver will take care of any cleansing your body needs so long as you drink plenty of water. Crash diets are tough on your body and you'd be better served by dieting properly. But good luck and I wish you the best of health.

^^this. There really isn't a need to "cleanse" your body of "toxins" unless there's something horribly wrong with your drinking water. Like, it glows in the dark.

However, if this is the kickstart you need in order to move toward a healthier lifestyle, then more power to you. Just please make sure you aren't depriving your body of necessary nutrients. Best of luck!