just started a grapefruit cleanse....

Options

Replies

• Funsoaps
    Funsoaps Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    GRAPEFRUIT AND VEGGIES,

My stomach would go haywire, too much of anything, it goes haywire. What happens when you go back to regular eating? Also grapefruit to me is gross, lol and it interferes with medications like thyroid medication. I could only eat grapefruit maybe with sweetener on top and wouldn't that reduce what you're supposed to be eating it for?
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,112 Member
    Options
    ok i am just throwing this question out their, does anyone take any type of pills at all, i am just interested in it like cleansing ones or acai or anything

Maybe you should read the Guidelines.

Pills, you're not getting support here.

Thread highjacking? Start your own thread so we can dispute you properly.
  • sudniknico
    sudniknico Posts: 11
    Options
    oh i am sorry i did not mean to, i will go read the rules before i post again Sorry!!
  • fittiephd
    fittiephd Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Most veggies have little to no protein at all. Your body needs protein and healthy fats to function. It needs proteins for your muscles and cells and fats are needed to lubricate joints and help bodily functions and also helps nerve function in your brain. They are essential and you can hurt your body by not eating any. You will mostly only lose water weight on a cleanse like this.

I have seen some cleanses which encourage eating (and plenty of it!) but they concentrate on cutting out dairy or other things that people are allergic to in order to see if you are allergic to anything. But otherwise they're dumb. Just eat healthy things all of the time. solution.
  • ronitabur
    ronitabur Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    It's just too much of a good thing. So I suggest that you try adding other fruit, vegetables, high-fiber carbohydrates like brown rice and whole wheat pasta, and of course lean proteins like chicken, fish, nuts and beans. That should do it! Then, work yourself silly in the gym and you'll lose weight without the crash and binge response.

Good health to you!
    Ronita
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    when u change ur diet it can cause ur body to not cleanse naturally. or u could not be eating enough food to do so. cleasing ur body of toxins is a good thing and it can boost ur weight loss.

what kind of toxins do you have?
  • Excellentia
    Excellentia Posts: 182
    Options
    How to successfully do the grapefruit cleanse.

Take a grapefruit, cut it in half, then squeeze the juice into your eyes. The resulting burning sensation will burn extra calories through the body activating to remove the foreign toxin from said eye area, as well as elevating heart rate.

Do this every four hours to keep the metabolism burning at optimal levels.

WINNING!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • BostonMatt
    BostonMatt Posts: 258
    Options
    You should have done the bud light cleanse. Six draft beers on a Saturday night, make no plans on Sunday. Works ALL the time and it tastes a whole lot better.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    I am doing a ex-lax cleanse.
  • Khloe_Nichole
    Options
    THIS ISNT MY DIET PLAN ITS JUST SOMETHING IM DOING FOR THREE DAYS. MY PERSONAL TRAINER TOLD ME TO DO A CLEANSE BECAUSE MY BODY ISNT RESPONDING WELL TO MY CHANGE IN DIET.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    THIS ISNT MY DIET PLAN ITS JUST SOMETHING IM DOING FOR THREE DAYS. MY PERSONAL TRAINER TOLD ME TO DO A CLEANSE BECAUSE MY BODY ISNT RESPONDING WELL TO MY CHANGE IN DIET.

ok...but what toxins are you cleansing?
  • skinnylove00
    skinnylove00 Posts: 662 Member
    Options

fire him and get your money back. 3 days? why do it for three days when you can get started eating healthy NOW

you need protein and healthy fats. period.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    s

ok...but what toxins are you cleansing?
    Clearly the keys are falling off of her keyboard on this cleanse.

OP; keywords to google: Liver, kidneys
  • Khloe_Nichole
    Options
    I WORK AT A CHEMICAL PLANT. I HAVE BEEN FEELING SICK AFTER WORK LATELY. BUT I DONT HAVE ANY TOXINS THAT I KNOW OF
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    R U GETTING A NICE BURN!?!
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    could you please press the caps lock button?
    it's like you are screaming at us. thanks!
  • spammyanna
    spammyanna Posts: 871 Member
    Options

How long have you been "changing" your diet? It can take weeks for your body to "respond" and for things to happen.

I would fire your trainer, anyone who tells you to essentially starve yourself for three days may not know what they are doing.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options

no offense but your trainer is an idiot.........and fix your caps lock key please.
  • Dencrossgirl
    Dencrossgirl Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Ugh now I remember why I stay away from these boards, everyone is always looking to cut someone down,, your mother should have told you if you have nothing nice to say then just STFU
  • KrisyKat
    KrisyKat Posts: 749 Member
    Options

Wait...you were told to make a drastic change in your diet because your body wasn't responding well to a drastic change in your diet??

:huh: